Re: Board upgrade/outage

T.C. wrote:weird. i can't replicated it. where are the links trying to go?
If you look at this image
you'll see the black area below the photo. The links in the black area (to the left and right of "Blues News Forum") do not work for me.

The ones at the very top of the page seem to work just fine.

As I mentioned before, I am using Linux Mint 17.2 along with Firefox 40.0.3 for Linux (not for Windows).

EDIT: Just got a Firefox update to 41 but no change as far as the links go; still don't work.
Last edited by stlblues1226 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote:
T.C. wrote:weird. i can't replicated it. where are the links trying to go?
If you look at this image
Screenshot.png
you'll see the black area below the photo. The links in the black area (to the left and right of "Blues News Forum") do not work for me.

The ones at the very top of the page seem to work just fine.

As I mentioned before, I am using Linux Mint 17.2 along with Firefox 40.0.3 for Linux (not for Windows).
Methinks you're onto something, 1226. If I hover just below the link text, I get the finger (NOT the one my wife gives me regularly) and the link text lights up and the link becomes active. T.C. should be able to fix that. Not so sure the compatibility with multiple browsers is gonna be so easy.

ETA: Still can't get the "JMC-STL" user control panel access link to work in that row, though. But the one at the top of the page works.

JMC-STL wrote:Methinks you're onto something, 1226. If I hover just below the link text, I get the finger (NOT the one my wife gives me regularly) and the link text lights up and the link becomes active. T.C. should be able to fix that. Not so sure the compatibility with multiple browsers is gonna be so easy.

ETA: Still can't get the "JMC-STL" user control panel access link to work in that row, though. But the one at the top of the page works.
No matter what I do, it won't give me the finger for any of those options. Guess I'll have to get married again first....... 8-)
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

T.C. wrote:you're not seeing the right header image either. fuck.
I got some bad-der news for you, ese: I just updated to FF 41.0 at home, from FF 40.0.3, and neither version yields any sort of access to the links in question. AND the header banner is some dude's hands holding onto something that looks like, maybe, a video controller (hard to tell because it's cut off at the top).

Same/same with IE 11 on my home PC. An Admin's work is never done.

also, i have changed it to a darker font and fixed the header image thing. if you are still seeing a light font and/or the game controller up top, go to the bottom of this page and click "Reset":
Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 4.53.40 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 4.53.40 AM.png Viewed 24024 times 18.33 KiB

Pro: love love love the "jump to" button at the bottom

Con: every page forces me to view the pic/banner at the top so then i have to scroll down to see the 1st post of the next page whereas the last setup sent me straight to the top post.

Mobile only, android, chrome

Idk what droid or chrome version and something i can deal with
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote:Con: every page forces me to view the pic/banner at the top so then i have to scroll down to see the 1st post of the next page whereas the last setup sent me straight to the top post.
interesting, didn't realize that. will dig in.

barcthespark wrote:Where do I click on a thread in order to take me to the first unread post? Each thread I open, it takes me to the very first post.

I'm using Google Chrome.
If it looks like mine (Firefox), to the left of the thread title there is a 'piece of paper' with the corner folded. Click on that and it should take you to the first unread post.

Here's a screen shot and the 'paper' I am talking about is next to the Board upgrade/outage thread.

T.C. at the bottom of every page is Return to "Hockey" link. Is there a way to get one at the top of the page as well? Maybe when the fix for the quick links comes out, it won't be a big deal, but for now you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to get to it. Major obstacle? Not even close. Just a request. Thanks.

T.C. I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to request that the font color just be plain black as the default color. I'm not sure why I don't like the gray, but I just don't. I know that this is your party, but I figured I'd just make my opinion know.

Thanks.

T.C. wrote:
stlblues1226 wrote:The quick links, FAQ Notifications, Private messages and user links across the top of each page don't work.
this should be fixed now.
They are working for me now. Thanks.