Re: GDT: GM 6 St Louis Blues vs Avalanche - 7:00 5/27 - TNT

BillP. wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:53 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:49 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:46 pm An ok period until the last 5 minutes or so, when the Blues picked it up a bit. I really hope those missed chances don't come back to bite us.
Huge fucking teeth marks. Huge.
Yeah, Kyrou with 2 great chances to make it 3-1. Headlines should of read - Kyrou scores 2 goals, Blues force 7th Game
Kyrou should have had a hat trick. He blew 2 open netters. A big shame. Everyone gets angry at me for suggesting Kyrou should spend a lot of time in the offseasons working on his finishing. But, he also needs to get a lot stronger, and learn how to use body leverage better, and work on his defence, as well. He's got a lot of talent, but that can be neutered more easily in The Playoffs. Thomas, on the other hand, has been getting stronger, playing a more physical game, has improved his play on defence, and has finally decided to shoot a lot more. He's rounding into a very effective player. He needs to continue working on those things, as even though he played better in this season's playoffs, he still gets smothered by other teams' defences at times. But, The Blues do have some good young talent going forward. And Binnington finally getting his confidence, swagger, and 2019 game back is really good news. But, The Blues need to add a quality left defenceman.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:19 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:42 pm At least there's no goalie controversy next year.
Really missed Binner’s puck handling… the rush just wasn’t there after he got whacked by that dirty bastard.
The puck moving was huge, but I missed his puck stopping even more.
We needed both, being outmanned by The Avs' ridiculous speed. I do agree That The Blues were on their way to a series victory if Binner played the whole series.

ROR said they “underachieved”. Do any of you agree with that? I haven’t been allowed to watch games all season. What I do know is that they simply met a (much) better team in the 2nd round. They were outmatched. The ice was tilted every game, and the only game they really knew how to handle it was game 2, where they played a nigh-perfect game, which is what it was going to take to have a chance against these guys. They had no answer for the avs’ neutral zone play, no answer for their forecheck, no answer for their backcheck, no answer for them on the faceoff dot, etc. I am not even sure we won a faceoff at all last night. And once again, ridiculous number of turnovers. Parayko looked like he was off his meds. That play where he was waiting what seemed like minutes behind his own net, then decides to finally pass it - directly to an avs player - was just the icing on the cake. Got away from that one without a goal against, but it was indicative of where his head was all night. Kyrou has soft hands but man does he look like a boy against men in every other way.

So while I feel bad for ROR, and appreciate him saying what a captain is supposed to say, did they underachieve? This seems about right to me, given the games i’ve been able to watch. With what seems to be Jake Allen 2.0 in net, the whole team has to play out of their minds to compete with a team like the avs, and that’s just not them. Not this year. So i’m not even really that upset. No one thought we’d get past the avs. Most people didn’t think we’d get past the wild. Binner was the x-factor against the avs. Without him, poof. Not that he’s the end all be all, but he was in the zone, and his puck play would have made a difference.

Still, some positive signs for the future this team. Things look bright. The window is far from closed. But there are some changes that need to be made. I trust Army to do so.

Good season, boys. Hold your heads up.

Did anyone see DP and Kadri in the handshake line? Can’t believe whoever the fuck was shooting/directing that didn’t focus on that moment. Would have loved to try to read lips there. I saw Otter looking like he was having an intense conversation with just about everyone.

T.C. wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:02 am ROR said they “underachieved”. Do any of you agree with that? I haven’t been allowed to watch games all season. What I do know is that they simply met a (much) better team in the 2nd round. They were outmatched. The ice was tilted every game, and the only game they really knew how to handle it was game 2, where they played a nigh-perfect game, which is what it was going to take to have a chance against these guys. They had no answer for the avs’ neutral zone play, no answer for their forecheck, no answer for their backcheck, no answer for them on the faceoff dot, etc. I am not even sure we won a faceoff at all last night. And once again, ridiculous number of turnovers. Parayko looked like he was off his meds. That play where he was waiting what seemed like minutes behind his own net, then decides to finally pass it - directly to an avs player - was just the icing on the cake. Got away from that one without a goal against, but it was indicative of where his head was all night. Kyrou has soft hands but man does he look like a boy against men in every other way.

So while I feel bad for ROR, and appreciate him saying what a captain is supposed to say, did they underachieve? This seems about right to me, given the games i’ve been able to watch. With what seems to be Jake Allen 2.0 in net, the whole team has to play out of their minds to compete with a team like the avs, and that’s just not them. Not this year. So i’m not even really that upset. No one thought we’d get past the avs. Most people didn’t think we’d get past the wild. Binner was the x-factor against the avs. Without him, poof. Not that he’s the end all be all, but he was in the zone, and his puck play would have made a difference.

Still, some positive signs for the future this team. Things look bright. The window is far from closed. But there are some changes that need to be made. I trust Army to do so.

Did anyone see DP and Kadri in the handshake line? Can’t believe whoever the fuck was shooting/directing that didn’t focus on that moment. Would have loved to try to read lips there. I saw Otter looking like he was having an intense conversation with just about everyone.
I don't think they underachieved but I like that he does. High standards and all that.

Missing Kadri/DP in the handshake line is an incredible oversight. I wonder if they got it in the Canadian feed. Wouldn't the obvious move be to have one camera on Kadri the whole time? As for Ott, I think intense conversations are the only ones he has, haha.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:02 am ROR said they “underachieved”. Do any of you agree with that? I haven’t been allowed to watch games all season. What I do know is that they simply met a (much) better team in the 2nd round. They were outmatched. The ice was tilted every game, and the only game they really knew how to handle it was game 2, where they played a nigh-perfect game, which is what it was going to take to have a chance against these guys. They had no answer for the avs’ neutral zone play, no answer for their forecheck, no answer for their backcheck, no answer for them on the faceoff dot, etc. I am not even sure we won a faceoff at all last night. And once again, ridiculous number of turnovers. Parayko looked like he was off his meds. That play where he was waiting what seemed like minutes behind his own net, then decides to finally pass it - directly to an avs player - was just the icing on the cake. Got away from that one without a goal against, but it was indicative of where his head was all night. Kyrou has soft hands but man does he look like a boy against men in every other way.

Blues did about the best they could do. But if Binner plays, they win this series and conversely the Blues performance shines a lot more. With that said, as things were without Binner and Krug, they were 6 seconds away from winning this thing in OT. Colorado would of choked away Gm 7 IMO.

And I disagree, Blues were the better team in both games they won. Colorado went 17 minutes without a shot in 2nd half of game. That was all Blues.

It's the playoffs. They played some games like total ass.

I think they did underachieve. But what can you do. Florida got their butts handed to them in four.

I like that the captain feels this way. He doesnt hide his thoughts and usually tells it like it is.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:49 am The Blues lost to a better team and there is no shame in that. They pushed them hard, nearly got this to a game 7, and Army got a front row view of what needs to be done. I expect big things this offseason.
Fuck Colorado. I hope they do move onto the finals so they can get crushed by Tampa and maybe Maroon can knock Kadri out for his buddy Binner and Avs fans will spend a fortune watching their team lose.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:49 am The Blues lost to a better team and there is no shame in that. They pushed them hard, nearly got this to a game 7, and Army got a front row view of what needs to be done. I expect big things this offseason.
There used to be a line that the Blues were a tough team to play against...I think that they need to get back to that. The Blues just aren't tough enough. Nikita Zadorov would be a step in the right direction, but it's going to take more than that. Army can add some tough players, but he's gonna have to get shed of some soft ones, too. You can't count on the power-play to win all of your games... sometimes you may not get any power-plays.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:22 am If Binnington doesn't get knocked out the Blues win this series easily, so I am not sure how anyone can say Colorado is a way better team. I was not impressed with Colorado like everyone else was... they are soft and don't have a lot of scoring past the top line.
In the Blues 4 loses they scored two goals in 3 of them. Not sure Binner would have been the difference between winning the series easily.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:34 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:22 am If Binnington doesn't get knocked out the Blues win this series easily, so I am not sure how anyone can say Colorado is a way better team. I was not impressed with Colorado like everyone else was... they are soft and don't have a lot of scoring past the top line.
In the Blues 4 loses they scored two goals in 3 of them. Not sure Binner would have been the difference between winning the series easily.
Two of those games are bullshit... Husso comes in after Binnington goes down and gives up 12 goals in two games because he is cold and way out of his element. Im not hanging those two losses on the team. All of the other games were close... Fuck Colorado... Fuck Kadri... hope he gets Monkey Pox and his kids see him die.

Boy, just watched the last 5 minutes of that game again. I thought the Blues looked great, but they totally fucked up the last 15 seconds of the game. 15 seconds to go, Colorado has puck behind their net, and 3 Blues stay down low inside their blue line. Why? WTF are you going to do now? End the fuckn game and stay back at mid ice. Schenn, Buch and Kyrou stay low and it gave the Avs a breakout opportunity. And of course Kyrou gets beat wide and the rest is history. Just like Florida fucked up the last 10 seconds of Game 2, Blues fucked up the last 15 last night. Game was done guys, play for OT. Fuck.