Re: GDT: GM 5 St Louis Blues at Colorado - 7:00 5/25 - TNT

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:11 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:58 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 am Is Brown injured or something? I can’t imagine that he would be a worse choice than Kyrou at this point. Brown is big and fast and doesn’t get man-handled like Kyrou does. The Avs don’t seem to have an answer for Toropchenko’s board play, and Brown is a similar type player along the boards…. Kyrou looks like he’s in way over his head against the Avs.
There are times that Kyrou has gotten overpowered or outworked, but that's been happening all year. He also has 4 points in 5 games this series. Brown has the same characteristic that some on here despise in Parayko in that he's a big guy that's horrified to play physical. Parayko has looked great in my opinion on balance this series by the way. I think Brown would look like a deer in headlights out there, personally.
Kyrou has all the tools to be a Makar type of player that takes over games and puts the other team on their heels, but he doesn’t seem to give a shit enough to use those tools. He literally stood and watched MacKinnon go end to end on him, and did zero to try to stop him. He may have 4 points, but he should have that in a game with his speed and talent.
Agree on Kyrou. Seems like he's not ready to be an effective playoff player yet. Some bad decisions.... in particular, he often jukes, dekes and dangles high in the o-zone when he needs just get the puck in deep. He's still young though and might figure it out. I'd call him a work in progress... definitely not a lost cause at this point.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 am Is Brown injured or something? I can’t imagine that he would be a worse choice than Kyrou at this point. Brown is big and fast and doesn’t get man-handled like Kyrou does. The Avs don’t seem to have an answer for Toropchenko’s board play, and Brown is a similar type player along the boards…. Kyrou looks like he’s in way over his head against the Avs.
There are times that Kyrou has gotten overpowered or outworked, but that's been happening all year. He also has 4 points in 5 games this series. Brown has the same characteristic that some on here despise in Parayko in that he's a big guy that's horrified to play physical. Parayko has looked great in my opinion on balance this series by the way. I think Brown would look like a deer in headlights out there, personally.
Kyrou has all the tools to be a Makar type of player that takes over games and puts the other team on their heels, but he doesn’t seem to give a shit enough to use those tools. He literally stood and watched MacKinnon go end to end on him, and did zero to try to stop him. He may have 4 points, but he should have that in a game with his speed and talent.
Yeah I'm not defending Kyrou's negatives, just saying that there's no comparison between him and Logan Brown. Everyone on the ice for that MacKinnon goal was dead tired at the end of a shift, but still needed to put up at least a LITTLE resistance. MacKinnon sniffed that out as soon as he picked up the puck which is part of what makes him so damn good. I still have no idea what Husso was doing on that goal by the way. If you can bring yourself to watch the replay, see if you can pick up the invisible winger on the rush that apparently only Husso could see and had to cover.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:36 am

Yeah I'm not defending Kyrou's negatives, just saying that there's no comparison between him and Logan Brown. Everyone on the ice for that MacKinnon goal was dead tired at the end of a shift, but still needed to put up at least a LITTLE resistance. MacKinnon sniffed that out as soon as he picked up the puck which is part of what makes him so damn good. I still have no idea what Husso was doing on that goal by the way. If you can bring yourself to watch the replay, see if you can pick up the invisible winger on the rush that apparently only Husso could see and had to cover.
Husso is not the best at sealing up the pipes... but he did the job last night, and that is all you can ask.