Re: GDT: GM 5 St Louis Blues at Colorado - 7:00 5/25 - TNT

This isn't supposed to be pessimistic, but it's hard to interpret any other way. Here's a list of players who might be playing their last game in a Blue Note tonight arranged from least impactful potential departure to most in terms of their total Blues career:
Rosen
Leddy
Husso
Bozak
Perron
Tarasenko
Wouldn't quibble if you swapped the order of Perron/Tarasenko, but Perron's been in so many other uniforms it wouldn't be an odd sight to see. Obviously others might get traded and some of these guys might stick around, but I wanted to go with the UFAs and the guy that had a trade request. Just putting this in the back of everyone's mind to raise the stakes even more.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:48 am Interesting changes. Rosen goes from top 2 pairing to out of the lineup. I like running an actual 4th line. Would like to see a better option than Bozak though. He doesn't really bring anything to this team at this point and played less than 6 minutes last game. Doesn't hit, doesnt have speed to keep up. Wins a faceoff here and there I guess. LGB
He's there to kill penalties. I'm fine with Bozak. Toropchenko provides the crash for that line.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:56 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:10 am Not much else to say other than you better win this one. If not, at least we can all get to bed early.

Also, the comment section is wild

Good Lord there are some ignorant fucks out there. I wonder how any of those idiots will Stand with Naz next year, when he comes back in a different jersey, and concusses Makar.
Nhl safety still manned by blind, gutless, fucks, I see.

barnburner wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:17 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:10 am Not much else to say other than you better win this one. If not, at least we can all get to bed early.

Also, the comment section is wild

Good Lord there are some ignorant fucks out there. I wonder how any of those idiots will Stand with Naz next year, when he comes back in a different jersey, and concusses Makar.
I'm genuinely curious, does the majority of the forum have a problem with the fine? I'm talking about the event on its own, not "well Kadri should've gotten X for running Binnington!"

I mean a fine there seems appropriate. Kadri sucks and all that but he didn't do anything here other than get hit twice and then jumped.

Edit: LOL the video is age restricted?!?! Anyway watch the replay in the link starting around the 45 second mark.
Last edited by Dave's a mess on Wed May 25, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Maybe Im delusional but if the Blues can just win tonight, then you take your chances back home for game 6, and then any thing goes game 7. Don't give up!
Well yeah, win tonight and it's a series again.

Need great goaltending and some bounces. An early goal and first period lead would be huge.

Can't give up.

I want to play Edmonton in the Conference Finals!

Go Blues!!

BillP. wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:34 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Maybe Im delusional but if the Blues can just win tonight, then you take your chances back home for game 6, and then any thing goes game 7. Don't give up!

I want to play Edmonton in the Conference Finals!

Go Blues!!
Same, I want to see the whole Tkachuk family slamming bud lights in the crowd at Enterprise like it's BNF suite night.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:28 pm

I'm genuinely curious, does the majority of the forum have a problem with the fine? I'm talking about the event on its own, not "well Kadri should've gotten X for running Binnington!"

I mean a fine there seems appropriate. Kadri sucks and all that but he didn't do anything here other than get hit twice and then jumped.

Edit: LOL the video is age restricted?!?! Anyway watch the replay in the link starting around the 45 second mark.
I'm okay with the fine, and I'd bet that Perrom is too.

It's interesting and I suppose not at all surprising that with their backs up to the wall, Berube has gone back to the lineup in the top 9 that they rode to their hot streak down the stretch this season. If you're going out, might as well go out with your best look. Let's see if the Thomas line can get finally something going this series.

Lindgren hasn't played since 5/15. I know Husso was bad last game and that Lindgren was solid back in December or whenever he was up, but I think you've got to go with Husso here.

I don't give a damn about any fine. I just want Kadri suspended for ten games or the rest of the playoffs, which ever is greater.
Then the first time he plays against the Blues next season, I want Parayko to hit him in the face with a 100mph slapshot.
That is all.

I don't give a damn about any fine. I just want Kadri suspended for ten games or the rest of the playoffs, which ever is greater.
Then the first time he plays against the Blues next season, I want Parayko to hit him in the face with a 100mph slapshot.
That is all.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:40 am This isn't supposed to be pessimistic, but it's hard to interpret any other way. Here's a list of players who might be playing their last game in a Blue Note tonight arranged from least impactful potential departure to most in terms of their total Blues career:
Rosen
Leddy
Husso
Bozak
Perron
Tarasenko
Wouldn't quibble if you swapped the order of Perron/Tarasenko, but Perron's been in so many other uniforms it wouldn't be an odd sight to see. Obviously others might get traded and some of these guys might stick around, but I wanted to go with the UFAs and the guy that had a trade request. Just putting this in the back of everyone's mind to raise the stakes even more.
If it comes down to a choice between Tarasenko or Perron, keep DP57. After what he has done for this team, it would be shameful to send him packing again.