Re: GDT: GM 4 St Louis Blues vs Avalanche - 8:30 5/23 - TNT

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:01 pm This game is over. Do what needs to be done

If he dies he dies
this should have been the mantra.
BluesSK wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:04 pm Well, I guess not doing anything about Kadri kinda backfired.
if we had even one heavy on this team that would have gone after kadri immediately after they got out of the box, he would not have scored that second goal.
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:22 pm Blues continue their trend of being the lowest hitting team in the playoffs.

We’ve built a finesse team. Regular season hockey.
meanwhile, maroon figures bigly in another tampa win in an elimination game. everyone still think it was a good idea to let guys like reaves and maroon go?

we got absolutely pwned by a team that is very fast and uses their speed to physically punish the D on the forecheck. yes, husso suddenly forgot his positioning fundamentals - multiple short-side goals in a 2nd round playoff game is less than good - but no one taking the man or even attempting to play olde tyme hockey is the real problem. we have a couple guys who sucker-punch kadri instead of facing him and destroying him. the only thing that did was piss him off, and we saw the result. we let him skate around and taunt the fans and did nothing about it. this team is ok with that?

BluesSK wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:23 am What bothers me about all of this is that this team has the talent to win the Cup but some of these players just let Colorado into their heads and gave up.

Yes, I know the defense isnt world class but there is enough cumulative talent on this team to go all the way.
This team objectively only had a shot against Colorado if everyone played their absolute best, they got great goaltending, and Colorado was off. It happened in game 2. The talent levels of the two teams are not close. Much has been made of the Blues 9 20 goal scorers, well Colorado has 7 plus another with 18, and that's with a lot more games missed than the Blues forward group. It wasn't an accident that the Avs had the best record in the conference and what's happening in the playoffs isn't an accident either.

It isn't over of course. Husso could get hot again and the Blues could start getting a bounce or two. But what's happening in this series is exactly what it looked like would happen on paper.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:41 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:23 am What bothers me about all of this is that this team has the talent to win the Cup but some of these players just let Colorado into their heads and gave up.

Yes, I know the defense isnt world class but there is enough cumulative talent on this team to go all the way.
This team objectively only had a shot against Colorado if everyone played their absolute best, they got great goaltending, and Colorado was off. It happened in game 2. The talent levels of the two teams are not close. Much has been made of the Blues 9 20 goal scorers, well Colorado has 7 plus another with 18, and that's with a lot more games missed than the Blues forward group. It wasn't an accident that the Avs had the best record in the conference and what's happening in the playoffs isn't an accident either.

It isn't over of course. Husso could get hot again and the Blues could start getting a bounce or two. But what's happening in this series is exactly what it looked like would happen on paper.
This is exactly right. They needed a perfect storm to overcome Colorado in this series.

T.C. wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:16 amit occurred to me last night that the way the conferences are divided is pretty fucked when it comes to playoffs. the east is all in the same time zone. the west covers three time zones. that shit drains you.
Yep, it's a Bettman conspiracy against the West. I'll bet he's plotting to eliminate daylight savings time next, to take sunlight hours away from the Western Conference teams during the playoffs.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:29 am
T.C. wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:16 amit occurred to me last night that the way the conferences are divided is pretty fucked when it comes to playoffs. the east is all in the same time zone. the west covers three time zones. that shit drains you.
Yep, it's a Bettman conspiracy against the West. I'll bet he's plotting to eliminate daylight savings time next, to take sunlight hours away from the Western Conference teams during the playoffs.
Mountain time is the only one that matters. Adapt or get left behind
Just a Russian propaganda account

JMC-STL wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:29 am
I'm with Bettman. What has the sun ever done for any of us anyway?

BluesSK wrote: What bothers me about all of this is that this team has the talent to win the Cup but some of these players just let Colorado into their heads and gave up.

I'll agree with that. What this team is missing and I've said it before, Dread has, Turk has, and probably a few others, but we need a dirty ass, kick you in the mouth, 4th line. It's not MaKinnon beating us, it's not even really Makar. It's that cock sucker Kadri. And he has just gotten his way with this team with a gifted hat trick to boot. Disgusting is what it is. Team has no fuckn punch. That's the biggest killer in this series. If this team showed balls from the beginning and set the tone maybe Binner would still be in there and that never would of happened. But this team is soft. Not mean enough to keep things in line.

BillP. wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:09 am
BluesSK wrote: What bothers me about all of this is that this team has the talent to win the Cup but some of these players just let Colorado into their heads and gave up.

I'll agree with that. What this team is missing and I've said it before, Dread has, Turk has, and probably a few others, but we need a dirty ass, kick you in the mouth, 4th line. It's not MaKinnon beating us, it's not even really Makar. It's that cock sucker Kadri. And he has just gotten his way with this team with a gifted hat trick to boot. Disgusting is what it is. Team has no fuckn punch. That's the biggest killer in this series. If this team showed balls from the beginning and set the tone maybe Binner would still be in there and that never would of happened. But this team is soft. Not mean enough to keep things in line.
We were the bad guys when we won.

BillP. wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:09 am

The trick is, you need a 4th line that can play also. That 2019 4th line was an all-timer. Physical as hell, but also 3 really good hockey players that accepted their roles despite thinking they were good enough to play up in the lineup. I don't want to crap on this team too much, because when I step back a bit, they really have exceeded the expectations I had back in October, and that's with missing Krug in the playoffs and having Binnington absolutely lose his game for a couple months early in 2022. Having said that, I'd assume adding some snarl is something Armstrong will do in the offseason.

I cannot recall when I was more disappointed by a Blues team. When have we ever had a Blues team with this much talent? Not often. 20 plus goal scorers up and down the lines, then most of them crawled in their shells and shit on the Blue Note.
Binner stepped up and gave them a chance at an honest Cup run, and they rewarded him by pissing all over themselves when Kadri did his thing. Army needs to dump some of these pricks before next season.

Agree with these sentiments. No one stepped up on the scoreboard, no one stepped up on the ice. No answer for their speed, no answer for their physicality, no answer for their infractions. Maybe we can get Sean William Scott, Liev Schreiber, Russell Crowe, Jeff Carlson, Steve Carlson, Dave Hanson, Ned Dowd, or some other folks that at least act like real hockey players to sign on for one game and at least go out with our heads held high. We have 36h, get it done Army.

T.C. wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:53 pm Agree with these sentiments. No one stepped up on the scoreboard, no one stepped up on the ice. No answer for their speed, no answer for their physicality, no answer for their infractions. Maybe we can get Sean William Scott, Liev Schreiber, Russell Crowe, Jeff Carlson, Steve Carlson, Dave Hanson, Ned Dowd, or some other folks that at least act like real hockey players to sign on for one game and at least go out with our heads held high. We have 36h, get it done Army.
Evander Kane and Kadri are both free agents
Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:53 pm Agree with these sentiments. No one stepped up on the scoreboard, no one stepped up on the ice. No answer for their speed, no answer for their physicality, no answer for their infractions. Maybe we can get Sean William Scott, Liev Schreiber, Russell Crowe, Jeff Carlson, Steve Carlson, Dave Hanson, Ned Dowd, or some other folks that at least act like real hockey players to sign on for one game and at least go out with our heads held high. We have 36h, get it done Army.
Not Poodle!