Re: 2022 NHL Draft thread

BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:31 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:06 pm All of the mocks I've seen have had the Blues taking a D. I don't know if that's due to positional depth at that spot in the draft this year or writers projecting organizational need. Generally I feel like the Blues just take best player available in the first, but maybe that's just me drinking the post-draft kool-aid. Looking forward to diving into some serious draft content the next couple weeks.
I think it’s just due to organizational depth on the blue line in the prospect pool. Or extreme lack of.

Up front you have Bolduc, Neighbours, Alexandrov, Robertsson, all on the way. On the blue line it’s just Prune and not much else. Maybe Tyler Tucker but I don’t know that there’s a high ceiling there with him.
You mean my boy Kessel isn't a legit sleeper on D? You don't think he has 2nd pairing potential?
I always root for college guys to make it in the pros, I honestly just haven’t followed him too closely to know what his potential is. He certainly doesn’t seem to be embarrassing himself in Springfield tho.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:31 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:06 pm All of the mocks I've seen have had the Blues taking a D. I don't know if that's due to positional depth at that spot in the draft this year or writers projecting organizational need. Generally I feel like the Blues just take best player available in the first, but maybe that's just me drinking the post-draft kool-aid. Looking forward to diving into some serious draft content the next couple weeks.
I think it’s just due to organizational depth on the blue line in the prospect pool. Or extreme lack of.

Up front you have Bolduc, Neighbours, Alexandrov, Robertsson, all on the way. On the blue line it’s just Prune and not much else. Maybe Tyler Tucker but I don’t know that there’s a high ceiling there with him.
You mean my boy Kessel isn't a legit sleeper on D? You don't think he has 2nd pairing potential?
He's only played 30 pro games, but seems to be holding his own. If he keeps it up I'm sure we'll see him somewhere down the line.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:06 pm I’ll have my annual list for you guys some time before the draft. I’ve got several that I’m keying in on and a couple of risers for me that I wasn’t looking at all that much mid season.
Looking forward to it Tim!
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

NHL.com Mock Draft pick

23. St. Louis Blues
Kimelman -- Nathan Gaucher: With centers Ryan O'Reilly (31) and Brayden Schenn (30) each older than 30, it might be time to start thinking of the future through the middle. Gaucher is a big, strong center who would fit well with the Blues' physical, hard-forechecking style of play.

Another day, another mock draft, this one from Daily Faceoff:
https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/2022-nhl-m ... l-version/
23. St. Louis Blues: Rutger McGroarty, RW
McGroarty is one of those players that I think every team could use. He’s a net-front monster, but also has a great shot from the outside. He doesn’t have the best footspeed, but I think he stylistically fits with the Blues very well.
Worth it for the name alone.

Dave's a mess wrote: Another day, another mock draft, this one from Daily Faceoff:
McGroarty is one of those players that I think every team could use. He’s a net-front monster, but also has a great shot from the outside. He doesn’t have the best footspeed, but I think he stylistically fits with the Blues very well.
Damn it, you did it Dave, this might be the sleeper pick we need and I bet we don't draft him. He'll be the 2nd Nebraska born kid drafted in NHL with the other being Jake Guentzel. His skills/attributes sound impressive.

BillP. wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Another day, another mock draft, this one from Daily Faceoff:
Damn it, you did it Dave, this might be the sleeper pick we need and I bet we don't draft him. He'll be the 2nd Nebraska born kid drafted in NHL with the other being Jake Guentzel. His skills/attributes sound impressive.
Once Doug Armstrong starts taking my calls I'll let him know you're all in on McGroarty. :D

Dave's a mess wrote:
BillP. wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 am
Once Doug Armstrong starts taking my calls I'll let him know you're all in on McGroarty. :D
Deal ;)

Full 7 round mock by Pronman:

23. St. Louis Blues: Ryan Chesley, RHD, USA U-18 (NTDP)

Centers and defensemen are a priority for the Blues so I could see Chesley or Mateychuk at this spot for sure and Nazar as a possibility if he gets to 23.

88. Charles Leddy, RHD, USA U-18(NTDP)
120. Nicholas Moldenhauer, RW, Chicago (USHL)
152. James Hardie, LW, Mississauga (OHL)
184. Jake Furlong, LHD, Halifax (QMJHL)

https://theathletic.com/3391555/2022/06 ... en-rounds/

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:10 am Another day, another mock draft, this one from Daily Faceoff:
That's Logan Brown isn't it?

BluesSK wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:32 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:10 am Another day, another mock draft, this one from Daily Faceoff:
That's Logan Brown isn't it?
Only if any other team drafts him. If the Blues get him he's obviously Cam Neely or Keith Tkachuk.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:14 pm It'll be real interesting to see if the Blues even make a pick in the first round. If they plan to go for Chychrun then they won't be making this pick.
I could see AZ preferring picks next year. Supposedly that's a deeper draft in terms of high end players, plus they already have 3 picks this year and only 1 each of the next 2 years. Chychrun's price was multiple picks/prospects and a position player, so maybe whichever team acquires him hangs onto this year's pick.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:51 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:14 pm It'll be real interesting to see if the Blues even make a pick in the first round. If they plan to go for Chychrun then they won't be making this pick.
I could see AZ preferring picks next year. Supposedly that's a deeper draft in terms of high end players, plus they already have 3 picks this year and only 1 each of the next 2 years. Chychrun's price was multiple picks/prospects and a position player, so maybe whichever team acquires him hangs onto this year's pick.
Which is also why I could see the Blues preferring to move this years 1st and hanging on to next years