Re: GDT: GM 5 St Louis Blues @ Minnesota Wild - 8:30 5/10 TV:ESPN

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:02 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:39 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:07 pm

To me this game is all about keeping Kaprizov in check. He's got 5 points in the two Wild wins, 1 point in the 2 Blues wins. It'll be tougher without last change, but you figure Faulk or Parayko will at least be out there every time he's on the ice. I imagine they're going to try to keep him away from O'Reilly, so hopefully the Thomas and Barbashev lines are ready for the challenge.

Very bold of me to say the key to victory is stopping the other team's best player. That's why I get paid what I do for these takes.

Nice. Got an antidote?
That's for premium subscribers only.
Ha, so if I paid, then I would of got dibs on Tarasenko. Obviously, the answer was you counter a Russian with a Russian. Makes sense. Good work!

a lot to like here, from 91's natural hattrick (3 goals on 3 shots) to seeing leddy back. but also some concerning things. 57 looked like he was slowing down as the game went on. thinking he's hurt somehow. and parayko...

after that first season, i was really excited about him and the potential to be a real impact player. but now, years later, i think i'm done with him. yes, i know he plays a lot of minutes. but i am really sick of wishing he's use his shot, wishing he's use his size, hoping he'll start playing angry at some point. it just isn't going to happen. so unless berube starts putting glass in the bottom of parayko's skates - i don't know what else would piss this guy off - he can take his lady byng style of play somewhere else. sick of waiting for this guy to decide to play hockey and not tennis on ice.

change my mind.

T.C. wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:52 am a lot to like here, from 91's natural hattrick (3 goals on 3 shots) to seeing leddy back. but also some concerning things. 57 looked like he was slowing down as the game went on. thinking he's hurt somehow. and parayko...

after that first season, i was really excited about him and the potential to be a real impact player. but now, years later, i think i'm done with him. yes, i know he plays a lot of minutes. but i am really sick of wishing he's use his shot, wishing he's use his size, hoping he'll start playing angry at some point. it just isn't going to happen. so unless berube starts putting glass in the bottom of parayko's skates - i don't know what else would piss this guy off - he can take his lady byng style of play somewhere else. sick of waiting for this guy to decide to play hockey and not tennis on ice.

change my mind.
I too had greater expectations, but it's obvious that he is, what he is, an above average skill player.
Not that it's all bad. He brings things to the table that lesser players don't.

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:03 am
barnburner wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:26 pm What a great team effort!
Let's finish these guys off Thursday!
Halfway through the second period I could really see the team game come together and the pressure shift in the Blues favor... and then boom Kyrou sets up the tying goal.
If I recall correctly there was a well timed TV timeout after which they seemed much more composed and focused. I think the Wild and their crowd thought they were about to deliver a knockout blow to the Blues, but it never came.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Trying to out Russian the Blues is quite the bold strategy.

Other things, good to see Saad get on the board. Him and Buchy need to really get going here if the Blues want to close this out and have any shot going forward.

Also, if full Blues fashion I fully expect them to lose game 6 at home to get the fans riled up and then win game 7 in Minnesota.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:22 am Trying to out Russian the Blues is quite the bold strategy.

Other things, good to see Saad get on the board. Him and Buchy need to really get going here if the Blues want to close this out and have any shot going forward.

Also, if full Blues fashion I fully expect them to lose game 6 at home to get the fans riled up and then win game 7 in Minnesota.
The Capitals West.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:22 am Trying to out Russian the Blues is quite the bold strategy.

It's funny, at the low point of the game last night, down 2-1, Blues creating nothing, watching Foligno hit everything in a Blue note I had a thought about "man maybe we needed somebody like that instead of Saad, who hasn't done anything in the playoffs" while I was taking a piss. Moments later Saad scored on a setup from Kyrou, who I'd criticized a couple minutes prior. To be honest I kind of felt like Gunnarsson after the fact.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:57 am

It's funny, at the low point of the game last night, down 2-1, Blues creating nothing, watching Foligno hit everything in a Blue note I had a thought about "man maybe we needed somebody like that instead of Saad, who hasn't done anything in the playoffs" while I was taking a piss. Moments later Saad scored on a setup from Kyrou, who I'd criticized a couple minutes prior. To be honest I kind of felt like Gunnarsson after the fact.
Every great Blues playoff run has to have a urinal story tied to it
Just a Russian propaganda account