Re: GDT: GM 5 St Louis Blues @ Minnesota Wild - 8:30 5/10 TV:ESPN

It was really important that The Blues took an early lead in this game. They need to score the next one, too. They need to put a LOT of pressure on The Wild to get desperate, and then maybe they'll have their defencemen pinch too much, and The Blues will score on odd-man rushes, or The Wild will go overboard in frustration on the forecheck, and they'll take unforced penalties, giving The Blues extra power plays. But Binnington will need to play really well.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:07 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:51 pm I'm feeling weirdly confident about this game tonight. Kyrou has woken up and I don't think he slows down.
To me this game is all about keeping Kaprizov in check. He's got 5 points in the two Wild wins, 1 point in the 2 Blues wins. It'll be tougher without last change, but you figure Faulk or Parayko will at least be out there every time he's on the ice. I imagine they're going to try to keep him away from O'Reilly, so hopefully the Thomas and Barbashev lines are ready for the challenge.

Very bold of me to say the key to victory is stopping the other team's best player. That's why I get paid what I do for these takes.
uh oh
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:15 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:51 pm I'm feeling weirdly confident about this game tonight. Kyrou has woken up and I don't think he slows down.
To me this game is all about keeping Kaprizov in check. He's got 5 points in the two Wild wins, 1 point in the 2 Blues wins. It'll be tougher without last change, but you figure Faulk or Parayko will at least be out there every time he's on the ice. I imagine they're going to try to keep him away from O'Reilly, so hopefully the Thomas and Barbashev lines are ready for the challenge.

Very bold of me to say the key to victory is stopping the other team's best player. That's why I get paid what I do for these takes.
uh oh
My takes are too good for my own good.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Nice. Got an antidote?

I wish Kyrou was a LOT stronger on his skates. He needs to get stronger and somewhat heavier, enough to help hold his own against bigger players, but not so much that his speed or agility will be affected. He also needs to learn about positioning,and adjusting body position and using momentum, and about body leverage. He's been disappointing in those areas, probably because he was spending all his time on the puck skills aspects of the game. You can get away with being weak in those areas as a highly skilled player in the lower levels, but The NHL is a different matter, altogether. And I'm tired of Parayko not using his size.

BillP. wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:39 pm

Nice. Got an antidote?
That's for premium subscribers only.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!