Re: ‘22 playoffs thread

BillP. wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:29 pm Who's that guy on ESPN that sounds like Gary Thorne when he says "Scoorrreesss".................I kind of like him because I used to like Gary Thorne doing the games. Was hoping they'd bring him back.
Loved Thorne's voice but he'd almost 74 and might not have been in it for the long haul. I'm not sure which announcer you're referring to, but they have about a 50/50 hit rate for me. I like Steve Levy and whoever was doing the Blues games on ESPN (Bob W maybe?), but absolutely can't stand Buccigross and Leah Hextall's voice doesn't work on play by play for me.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:16 am The worst? Really? Come on. If you don’t like him, fine. I used to love the old him on NHL2Nite, but have no attachment or feeling about the current him. But the worst? He’s far from that, objectively.
He's fine in studio, hate him on play by play. He tries to do the analyst's job for them and constantly editorializes. I want the play by play guy to just describe the action.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:01 am
T.C. wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:16 amThe worst? Really? Come on. If you don’t like him, fine. I used to love the old him on NHL2Nite, but have no attachment or feeling about the current him. But the worst? He’s far from that, objectively.
He's fine in studio, hate him on play by play. He tries to do the analyst's job for them and constantly editorializes. I want the play by play guy to just describe the action.
That line got blurred after the era of Dan Kelly. No turning back.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:48 pm thanks for coming out Toronto. Enjoy the offseason
Tampa making a statement that they’re still the Champs. When it got down under 10 minutes, you kind of knew they were going to close it out. Something to be said about the experience of a winner. Be something if they win 3 in a row. We’re going back to Al Arbour and the Islander days the last time that happened.

BillP. wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:05 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:48 pm thanks for coming out Toronto. Enjoy the offseason
Tampa making a statement that they’re still the Champs. When it got down under 10 minutes, you kind of knew they were going to close it out. Something to be said about the experience of a winner. Be something if they win 3 in a row. We’re going back to Al Arbour and the Islander days the last time that happened.
Back to Back Cup champs vs a team that had lost 7 straight series. Some teams just have “it” and some don’t.

TB vs Panthers is going to be GOOD
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:01 am
T.C. wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:16 am The worst? Really? Come on. If you don’t like him, fine. I used to love the old him on NHL2Nite, but have no attachment or feeling about the current him. But the worst? He’s far from that, objectively.
Ah, right. Totally get that.

BluesSK wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:41 am
BillP. wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:38 am Jonathan Quick with a masterpiece performance in Game 7 but some guy named McDavid is pretty good.
That was an insane goal.

MVP no doubt.
Three kings players were just watching him by the time he got the third chance. I mean, i don’t blame them, but damn. And i was bitching about Parayko. Oof.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:18 am
BillP. wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:38 am Jonathan Quick with a masterpiece performance in Game 7 but some guy named McDavid is pretty good.
It was vintage Quick playoff performance but the Kings offense was absolutely non existent
Yeah, Edmonton was just dialed up a notch. Kings were skating hard but Edmonton was skating even harder. 25 SOG in the 2nd period alone, a franchise playoff record.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:35 am As much fun as an Oilers-Flames series would be, I will be rooting for Dallas tonight.
Sometimes I think the Central team is better off trying to go thru the Pacific. The Stars could literally “check” their way thru to the Conference Finals. I think there’s a good chance we might see a Gm 7 OT tonight. Would love to see it. Hope Crosby can make it back tonight.

BillP. wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:18 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:35 am As much fun as an Oilers-Flames series would be, I will be rooting for Dallas tonight.
Sometimes I think the Central team is better off trying to go thru the Pacific. The Stars could literally “check” their way thru to the Conference Finals. I think there’s a good chance we might see a Gm 7 OT tonight. Would love to see it. Hope Crosby can make it back tonight.
FUCK CROSBY!

Looks like the NHL wants the Pens and Cindy to advance. That puck was clearly above the crossbar from what I could see. But at least the Rangers just went back to work and have tied the game.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!