Re: ‘22 playoffs thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:37 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:12 am Ohhhhhhhhh.... scandalous

Can you please let Lauren know if she needs to talk about it my DMs are open, Im sure this is a tough time for her and she needs someone to be there
McJesus is simply getting a one-year jump on his inevitable 7-year itch with Ms. Kyle. He's always a stride ahead of everyone else.

BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:12 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: It’s wing wednesday and game 1 of the Cup finals here in Denver. What a beautiful day!
Are you rooting for Colorado?
Oh for sure. Blues have always been my #1 team and always will be but I became a fan of the Avs when them and the Red Wings rivalry was at it's peak so I still have a soft spot for them. Wore #18 in my youth hockey days for Adam Deadmarsh. Plus this town is electric right now and I like a good parade.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:12 am
BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:12 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: It’s wing wednesday and game 1 of the Cup finals here in Denver. What a beautiful day!
Are you rooting for Colorado?
Oh for sure. Blues have always been my #1 team and always will be but I became a fan of the Avs when them and the Red Wings rivalry was at it's peak so I still have a soft spot for them. Wore #18 in my youth hockey days for Adam Deadmarsh. Plus this town is electric right now and I like a good parade.
Who's going to pick up Wes's posting slack after TC bans him?
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

nah, i've had both a hejduk and a drury avs jersey in my life. i'm with wes, those were great games. i remember them playing to a 0-0 tie and it was one of the best games i had ever seen. i'm a chris drury lifer, and seeing borque lift The Cup made me tear up for sure. this team bears no resemblance to that team, and they beat us pretty badly, but even so, fuck tampa. i hope florida is underwater in my lifetime. launch 99% of the inhabitants into the sun. and absolutely, definitely do not let this team be called a "dynasty". so yeah, i hope the avs (you know, the team that beat us) crushes tampa. do i think they will? no. goaltending will win this series. but i hope they do.

Looks like the ban hammer is coming your way Dave! Drury was an all timer of “damn I wish this guy was a blue” but all we got was Podein.

Let’s be honest, outside of Kadri who isn’t even playing, are they really that dislikable of a team??

I’m sure Adam Foote is obviously rooting for his son but it’s gotta be weird for him.

T.C. wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:01 am nah, i've had both a hejduk and a drury avs jersey in my life. i'm with wes, those were great games. i remember them playing to a 0-0 tie and it was one of the best games i had ever seen. i'm a chris drury lifer, and seeing borque lift The Cup made me tear up for sure. this team bears no resemblance to that team, and they beat us pretty badly, but even so, fuck tampa. i hope florida is underwater in my lifetime. launch 99% of the inhabitants into the sun. and absolutely, definitely do not let this team be called a "dynasty". so yeah, i hope the avs (you know, the team that beat us) crushes tampa. do i think they will? no. goaltending will win this series. but i hope they do.
All fair. The Sakic era team was easy to root for, but I'll never be able to get over the Kroenke element.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:35 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:01 am nah, i've had both a hejduk and a drury avs jersey in my life. i'm with wes, those were great games. i remember them playing to a 0-0 tie and it was one of the best games i had ever seen. i'm a chris drury lifer, and seeing borque lift The Cup made me tear up for sure. this team bears no resemblance to that team, and they beat us pretty badly, but even so, fuck tampa. i hope florida is underwater in my lifetime. launch 99% of the inhabitants into the sun. and absolutely, definitely do not let this team be called a "dynasty". so yeah, i hope the avs (you know, the team that beat us) crushes tampa. do i think they will? no. goaltending will win this series. but i hope they do.
All fair. The Sakic era team was easy to root for, but I'll never be able to get over the Kroenke element.
He's a piece of shit but I've come to terms with the fact that I really don't think he cares if his team wins or loses so why should I? He's in it for the money. But I will make sure to give him a big fuck you for you if I see him around.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:13 pm
He's a piece of shit but I've come to terms with the fact that I really don't think he cares if his team wins or loses so why should I? He's in it for the money. But I will make sure to give him a big fuck you for you if I see him around.
Appreciated.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Does he still live in the Pepsi Center? Heard one time he had something built up high in there to live in. Course its Ball Arena now which is so bad - ha

BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:29 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:

Does he still live in the Pepsi Center? Heard one time he had something built up high in there to live in. Course its Ball Arena now which is so bad - ha
I think he owns a gazillion dollar ranch in Texas. Think that's where he spends most of his days.

Ditto My 2nd fav. player behind MacInnis.

The 96 finals of Roy vs Vanbeezer was a thing of magic as well.
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou