Re: World Junior Championship Thread

BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:01 pm What's the scouting report on Matvei Michkov?
Going to be an NHL star for sure. Bedard is the better player though…I believe Bedard’s shot separates them. After Bedard goes 1st overall, it would seem like a no brainer that Michkov would go but he’s signed long term in Russia. He won’t be able to play for the team that drafts him for 3 years so if you can wait on him you are going to get a future star player.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I watched all 4 games yesterday as this is my favorite hockey of the year.
Guys that stood out
Simon Edvinsson Sweden - Detroit Red Wings. The Wings have a legitimate stud Swedish dman again. Devils are going to regret taking Luke Hughes over him.
Sami Helenius - Finland LA Kings
Matvei Michkov - Russia 2023. Future stud
Mason McTavish -Canada Anaheim Ducks. Looked like a man among boys. The Ducks are absolutely loaded with talent.
Owen Power - Canada Buffalo Sabres. Really controlled the play and settled the game down for Canada.
Connor Bedard - Canada 2023. 16 year old…started as the 13th forward but was moved up to first line in the 2nd period. Things happen when he’s on the ice. Future NHL star. With that said, I thought his game was just OK but you can see it’s just a matter of time.
Justin Sourdiff - Canada Florida Panthers. I really liked what I saw from Sourdiff yesterday. Nothing flashy…north and south extremely hard working player. Will be solid NHL’er.
Cole Perfetti - Canada Winnipeg Jets. Much like McTavish he just seems to good for this tournament
Ronan Seeley - Canada Carolina Hurricanes. I thought he played very well yesterday on the Canada blue line. One thing of major importance here…he was a 7th round pick.
Landon Slaggert USA Chicago Blackhawks. Get prepared because you are gonna hate this dude in a couple of years. He’s a gamer…wont be a star but he never stops working.
Brett Berard - USA NY Rangers. I thought he Played very well. Much better player than I thought he was and he’s always around the net. Good hands , good shot.
Tyler Kleven USA Ottawa Senators. The Sens defense appears to be loaded and this guys is like an old throwback. Plays hard and loves to hit. Sens are loaded for sure.

There were some others that stood out as well but that’s just a quick rundown for now.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:01 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:01 pm What's the scouting report on Matvei Michkov?
Going to be an NHL star for sure. Bedard is the better player though…I believe Bedard’s shot separates them. After Bedard goes 1st overall, it would seem like a no brainer that Michkov would go but he’s signed long term in Russia. He won’t be able to play for the team that drafts him for 3 years so if you can wait on him you are going to get a future star player.
Thanks Tim. It seemed he kinda took the first period of the game to feel it out then really came alive after that. Fun to watch.

I watched all four games yesterday too. What impressed me this year is that all the games were very competitive. There were no blowouts It's gonna be a great tournament. I'd put my money on the US they're a really good team

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:28 am I watched all 4 games yesterday as this is my favorite hockey of the year.
Guys that stood out
Simon Edvinsson Sweden - Detroit Red Wings. The Wings have a legitimate stud Swedish dman again. Devils are going to regret taking Luke Hughes over him.
Mason McTavish -Canada Anaheim Ducks. Looked like a man among boys. The Ducks are absolutely loaded with talent.
Owen Power - Canada Buffalo Sabres. Really controlled the play and settled the game down for Canada.
Connor Bedard - Canada 2023. 16 year old…started as the 13th forward but was moved up to first line in the 2nd period. Things happen when he’s on the ice. Future NHL star. With that said, I thought his game was just OK but you can see it’s just a matter of time.
Justin Sourdiff - Canada Florida Panthers. I really liked what I saw from Sourdiff yesterday. Nothing flashy…north and south extremely hard working player. Will be solid NHL’er.
Cole Perfetti - Canada Winnipeg Jets. Much like McTavish he just seems to good for this tournament
Ronan Seeley - Canada Carolina Hurricanes. I thought he played very well yesterday on the Canada blue line. One thing of major importance here…he was a 7th round pick.
Landon Slaggert USA Chicago Blackhawks. Get prepared because you are gonna hate this dude in a couple of years. He’s a gamer…wont be a star but he never stops working.
Brett Berard - USA NY Rangers. I thought he Played very well. Much better player than I thought he was and he’s always around the net. Good hands , good shot.
Tyler Kleven USA Ottawa Senators. The Sens defense appears to be loaded and this guys is like an old throwback. Plays hard and loves to hit. Sens are loaded for sure.

There were some others that stood out as well but that’s just a quick rundown for now.
So two of the standouts are 16 year olds? :o Seems like 2022-23 would be a great year for the wheels to randomly fall off and have everybody get hurt...
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:21 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:28 am I watched all 4 games yesterday as this is my favorite hockey of the year.
Guys that stood out

So two of the standouts are 16 year olds? :o Seems like 2022-23 would be a great year for the wheels to randomly fall off and have everybody get hurt...
There will be some epic tank jobs next season.

Guys that stood out

Appreciate the recap
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:20 pm Austria-Finland in the first blowout. Not unexpected.

Their goalie is not good. Austria does have as many goals as they scored in last year's tournament.

What kind of Finnish name is Brad Lambert?
Born in Finland when his Canadian father played there. A couple of years ago he was possibly thought as having a chance at going 1st overall in 2022. He’s fallen back a bit but he’s going to be a decent player probably still go in the top 10.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:05 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:20 pm Austria-Finland in the first blowout. Not unexpected.

Their goalie is not good. Austria does have as many goals as they scored in last year's tournament.

What kind of Finnish name is Brad Lambert?
Born in Finland when his Canadian father played there. A couple of years ago he was possibly thought as having a chance at going 1st overall in 2022. He’s fallen back a bit but he’s going to be a decent player probably still go in the top 10.
Found that out shortly after. His dad is a good Saskatchewan boy. He certainly racking up the points in this tournament.

Thanks for the info.

Swiss playing Russia really tight, currently down 3-1. With Russia's weakness in goal these last ten minutes could be interesting.

Every team in this tournament with the exception of Austria has a legitimate shot to medal with a bit of puck luck.

Russia just made it 4-1 so looks like they're safe today.

Michkov is something else for sure. Next year he will get the WJC’s at home and a chance to cement his status as the possible first overall pick in 2023. Will be interesting for surely

"Suck a dick Johansen"