Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Tampa Lightning - 6:00 - 12/2 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Binnington being out for an extended period could potentially really hurt The Blues. I don't understand why so many professional sports players have chosen to not get vaccinated. It seems to be a significantly higher proportion than in the general population, which is really unbelievable, considering that it is really dangerous to their team's ability to compete, and a lot safer for them and their families than going un-vaccinated, and also, that just the protocol alone, combined with the amount of false positive tests is a large threat to teams' abilities to ice their best teams, or even a competitive team for any given game.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:48 pm Binnington being out for an extended period could potentially really hurt The Blues. I don't understand why so many professional sports players have chosen to not get vaccinated. It seems to be a significantly higher proportion than in the general population, which is really unbelievable, considering that it is really dangerous to their team's ability to compete, and a lot safer for them and their families than going un-vaccinated, and also, that just the protocol alone, combined with the amount of false positive tests is a large threat to teams' abilities to ice their best teams, or even a competitive team for any given game.
wait, do you think that all the players that are in "covid protocol" have NOT been vaccinated? HAHAHAHA, oh robb....

Robb_K wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:48 pm Binnington being out for an extended period could potentially really hurt The Blues. I don't understand why so many professional sports players have chosen to not get vaccinated. It seems to be a significantly higher proportion than in the general population, which is really unbelievable, considering that it is really dangerous to their team's ability to compete, and a lot safer for them and their families than going un-vaccinated, and also, that just the protocol alone, combined with the amount of false positive tests is a large threat to teams' abilities to ice their best teams, or even a competitive team for any given game.
There is only one player in the league that didn't get vaccinated (Tyler Bertuzzi I believe). Some like MacKenzie Blackwood waited until the season started, some did it kicking and screaming like Duncan Keith, but all but one actually got it. If they hadn't, the amount of cases would probably be way higher you'd have to think Now whether or not they got boosted is another question altogether.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:39 pm
There is only one player in the league that didn't get vaccinated (Tyler Bertuzzi I believe). Some like MacKenzie Blackwood waited until the season started, some did it kicking and screaming like Duncan Keith, but all but one actually got it. If they hadn't, the amount of cases would probably be way higher you'd have to think Now whether or not they got boosted is another question altogether.
ReallY??? If that's true, I feel a lot better about things. And I wondered why Lindgren is being called up rather than Hofer. But, it seems that The Blues just plan to have Lindgren be an emergency backup for Husso in one game, and then Hofer will be The #2 goalie after that until Binnington returns.

T.C. wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:13 pm
wait, do you think that all the players that are in "covid protocol" have NOT been vaccinated? HAHAHAHA, oh robb....
No. But, I didn't hear about Binnington's status other than he's unavailable to play, and know nothing about whether he's been tested yet, or any test results IF he has been tested. I assume that, at minimum, he'll need to test negative two days in a row for a quick return to The Blues' active roster, and that it is POSSIBLE that he has contracted the virus, and will have no symptoms, or will have some light symptoms, or even serious symptoms, or had a false positive reading. I know there are lots of different possibilities. I'm hoping for the absolute minimum days out, with him missing only tonight's game.

Ahem.

Almost all of them are.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:31 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:39 pm
ReallY??? If that's true, I feel a lot better about things. And I wondered why Lindgren is being called up rather than Hofer. But, it seems that The Blues just plan to have Lindgren be an emergency backup for Husso in one game, and then Hofer will be The #2 goalie after that until Binnington returns.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Drubilly wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:54 pm I remember reading only 4 players are unvaccinated.

The EBUG is only being used tonight because of the cap. Army will have to move some stuff n things around…
There were 4 at the start of the year, and 3 of them have since gotten vaccinated. Only Bertuzzi is unvaccinated and let's see if there's any fresh Bertuzzi news....

Ah, who could've seen that coming.

The League made the restrictions for unvaccinated players pretty damn severe, and it worked. I heard Elliotte Friedman mention on a podcast recently that if the League was considering a push to get players to take the booster, but that was likely to be met with resistance and I imagine have some complications due to timing. Also for what it's worth, Bertuzzi joke aside, just telling everybody what I've heard/read, not pushing a position.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:05 pm
Drubilly wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:54 pm I remember reading only 4 players are unvaccinated.

The EBUG is only being used tonight because of the cap. Army will have to move some stuff n things around…
There were 4 at the start of the year, and 3 of them have since gotten vaccinated. Only Bertuzzi is unvaccinated and let's see if there's any fresh Bertuzzi news....

Ah, who could've seen that coming.

The League made the restrictions for unvaccinated players pretty damn severe, and it worked. I heard Elliotte Friedman mention on a podcast recently that if the League was considering a push to get players to take the booster, but that was likely to be met with resistance and I imagine have some complications due to timing. Also for what it's worth, Bertuzzi joke aside, just telling everybody what I've heard/read, not pushing a position.
Ahhh I see…thanks fact checkin cuz
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:42 am Chief said same lineup as last game except the obvious change in goal with the Binnington covid news. 11 forwards, 7 d-men. Due to cap space, the Blues back up tonight is one of those emergency back up goalies. His name is Kyle Konin and I hope we don't see him in action.
I wonder how the D ice-time shakes out with the 7-D alignment. Both Bortuzzo and Scandella played under 10 minutes at 5v5 last game. Additionally, maybe Brown and Joshua see a bit more 5v5 ice given that they've got a few more practices under their belt and hopefully we're not down 3-0 almost immediately.

T.C. wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:02 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:05 pm Ah, who could've seen that coming.
this would be funny if he were the only one getting sick. the fact that he's not just further infuriates me about this whole fucking thing.
i don't see why they cant just tap the goalie's pads after a win, instead of trying to French-kiss each other through their masks and visors.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:11 pm
T.C. wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:02 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:05 pm Ah, who could've seen that coming.
this would be funny if he were the only one getting sick. the fact that he's not just further infuriates me about this whole fucking thing.
i don't see why they cant just tap the goalie's pads after a win, instead of trying to French-kiss each other through their masks and visors.
Because nothing brings a team closer than a little tongue
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:04 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:42 am Chief said same lineup as last game except the obvious change in goal with the Binnington covid news. 11 forwards, 7 d-men. Due to cap space, the Blues back up tonight is one of those emergency back up goalies. His name is Kyle Konin and I hope we don't see him in action.
I wonder how the D ice-time shakes out with the 7-D alignment. Both Bortuzzo and Scandella played under 10 minutes at 5v5 last game. Additionally, maybe Brown and Joshua see a bit more 5v5 ice given that they've got a few more practices under their belt and hopefully we're not down 3-0 almost immediately.
I do, too - especially with Faulk out. Anyone know why Faulk won't play? Covid Protocol? Personal reasons? I hope the defence can play decently.