Re: GDT: St. Louis Blues vs TB Lightning - 7:00 11/30 - ESPN+ Hockey Night

ratonmono wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:37 pm Oh and I’ll be damned if Faulk hasn’t become one of my favorite current Blues.
As Panger would say, "Why wouldn't you?", ads he's a solid 2-way defenceman who skates well, shoots well, and has great offensive sense, and plays, at least, as a solid #3 D-Man while on defence. He's definitely a LOT better than he did during his first season with The Blues.

Robb_K wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:42 pm
ratonmono wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:37 pm Oh and I’ll be damned if Faulk hasn’t become one of my favorite current Blues.
As Panger would say, "Why wouldn't you?", ads he's a solid 2-way defenceman who skates well, shoots well, and has great offensive sense, and plays, at least, as a solid #3 D-Man while on defence. He's definitely a LOT better than he did during his first season with The Blues.
He's clearly the teams best defensemen. I would have loved for it to be Parayko but he is who he is. A very fine 2nd pairing guy that is miscast to be more than that.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:05 am
He's clearly the teams best defensemen. I would have loved for it to be Parayko but he is who he is. A very fine 2nd pairing guy that is miscast to be more than that.
The guy that could provide a really big boost to this team is Mikkola. If he can provide a reasonable improvement over Scandella as a Parayko partner, and also kill penalties, it'd cure a massive problem. I didn't see enough of the game last night to register how he was doing out there, plus I assume the pairings were a little goofy with 7 D.

If he can fill that role, it might allow Armstrong to perhaps look at other needs on the trade market, specifically a healthy NHL quality forward.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:31 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:05 am
The guy that could provide a really big boost to this team is Mikkola. If he can provide a reasonable improvement over Scandella as a Parayko partner, and also kill penalties, it'd cure a massive problem. I didn't see enough of the game last night to register how he was doing out there, plus I assume the pairings were a little goofy with 7 D.

If he can fill that role, it might allow Armstrong to perhaps look at other needs on the trade market, specifically a healthy NHL quality forward.
The biggest problem apart from Scandella being the worst defenseman is that awful contract.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:50 pm
barnburner wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:00 pm The big question is why has Scandella slipped so badly?
He's this year's Sanford.... focus on Krug defensively...not offensively, but when he's defending... i don't see much difference, except Krug costs twice as much.
Generally when you produce much more offensively you're worth a lot more money, what are we even talking about here? Check the play cued up below, specifically the pass from Krug:

The patience he shows waiting until Kyrou can get up ice a little so that the pass arrives and Kyrou is immediately through 2 defenders. I'd guess 95% of defensemen get that puck to Kyrou as soon as they see him, and as a result he has at least 2 Lightning defenders on him before he has a chance to do anything. Krug's not here to be a shutdown guy, he's here to break the puck out and run the first PP. I have no problem with his contract.

barnburner wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:00 pm The big question is why has Scandella slipped so badly?
I think part of it is he wasn't as good as he appeared when he first got here. Parayko hadn't gotten hurt yet and the rest of the team was still humming defensively. When he arrived he was Wile E. Coyote chasing Road Runner off a cliff. Unfortnately, at some point he made the mistake of looking down.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:56 am
I think part of it is he wasn't as good as he appeared when he first got here. Parayko hadn't gotten hurt yet and the rest of the team was still humming defensively. When he arrived he was Wile E. Coyote chasing Road Runner off a cliff. Unfortnately, at some point he made the mistake of looking down.
I agree 💯👍