Re: GDT: Blues vs CBJ - 7:00 11/27

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:56 pm
Robb_K wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:44 pm Late to this game with family stuff again. Great to see that The Blues are playing well. I hope they add to their lead, and win going away.
They were getting killed until I said that they should fire Hitch again. That immediately turned this game around.
Between periods, Berube probably had someone volunteer to be the sacrifice, and beat him up in front of the rest! :lol:

BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:42 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:43 pm Enjoy Barbashev while we have him because he’s about to get PAID after next season.

Kyrou’s deal up at the same time too
If they trade Tarasenko they should have enough money to keep both.

Speaking of Tarasenko. His value will probably never be higher than it is now. Does he stay? Does he want to leave now?
Good questions! I don;t think he wants to make that decision until he knows if The Blues have a good shot to go far in this season's playoffs. If he sees that they look like they have a reasonable shot at The Cup, he'll probably want to stay.

T.C. wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:30 am Wow, this Kyrou fellow appears to be very talented.

Also, DP concussed again?? That guy is well beyond the point he need to worry about long-term brain damage. Seriously. He has had more concussions than anyone I can remember. What happened this time?
Happened last game. Head bounced off the glass on a hit.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:37 am
T.C. wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:30 amWow, this Kyrou fellow appears to be very talented.

Also, DP concussed again?? That guy is well beyond the point he need to worry about long-term brain damage. Seriously. He has had more concussions than anyone I can remember. What happened this time?
The NHL needs to return to chicken wire above the dasher boards. Robb_ K could consult on the design aspects from his memories as a young player.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:43 pm Enjoy Barbashev while we have him because he’s about to get PAID after next season.

Speaking of Tarasenko. His value will probably never be higher than it is now. Does he stay? Does he want to leave now?
How can you get rid of Tarasenko when Perron is injured?

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:24 am

How can you get rid of Tarasenko when Perron is injured?
He supposedly want to be moved and his stock is really high right now. I'd prefer to keep him until the end of the season.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:37 am
T.C. wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:30 am Wow, this Kyrou fellow appears to be very talented.

There was also shoulder to head contact, but the announcer didn't want to correct himself or imply the hit was dirty (it wasn't dirty, initial shoulder contact was to body, but it slid up to head). Head might have hit the glass too, but with an oft concussed guy like Perron, I think the initial hit was enough. I'd suspect he's week to week given his history, but hope for his sake that he's not.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

barnburner wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:33 pm
Robb_K wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:52 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:47 pm Lot of talk about what Chief said between the first and second periods... it may have been in English. but the Russians sure understood him, :)
I'd bet the look on his face and his tone of voice was enough for them to get the idea. :mrgreen:
They are all fluent in "Chief.". :D
Just a Russian propaganda account