Re: Tarasenko is going to score 50

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:34 pm Mark it on your calendar. He has always had the scoring ability to do anything, but has never reached this plateau. Now he has the wisdom and the ego check to push him higher than he has ever gone. This is his season...
Maybe. But if he DOES finally break 50, it might be also because Thomas has his breakout season this year, turning into a setup feeding monster! :mrgreen:

I don’t think he’s capable of 50…he has an amazing shot, but he almost always telegraphs it. He also doesn’t have a one timer. I think those two things are what’s prevented him from breaking that 50 mark historically.

That said, his speed and his drive to the net is noticeably better this season, So he definitely will have a good year. He just looks super motivated

Sneptsmoustache wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:21 pm I don’t think he’s capable of 50…he has an amazing shot, but he almost always telegraphs it. He also doesn’t have a one timer. I think those two things are what’s prevented him from breaking that 50 mark historically.

That said, his speed and his drive to the net is noticeably better this season, So he definitely will have a good year. He just looks super motivated
Agreed. If he could develop that one timer, he might score 70, but he still insists on settling the puck first, giving the goalie that extra split second to adjust.

Sneptsmoustache wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:21 pm I don’t think he’s capable of 50…he has an amazing shot, but he almost always telegraphs it. He also doesn’t have a one timer. I think those two things are what’s prevented him from breaking that 50 mark historically.

He is such a huge fan of Ovechkin....you'd think he would pick up a skill or two from watching him bang in goals.

barnburner wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Agreed. If he could develop that one timer, he might score 70, but he still insists on settling the puck first, giving the goalie that extra split second to adjust.
Agree 100%. I don't know how many times I've wanted to throw something at the TV watching him receive a pass at the back door and settle it as the goalie slides back into position. I'm not sure there's anything to "develop" though. He just chooses not to do it. He should have been taking pointers from Hoffman last year.