Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Kings - 7:00 10/25 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

I wonder if some of Vladi's "trade me" frustration has to do with the team under performing and his shoulder issues the previous two season, or since the bubble restart, at least. If he had been more healthy or the Blues had played better while he was hurt, maybe this never would have happened. Nothing to back this up, just purely speculation on my part. I would not be surprised if the Blues and Tarasenko continue to play at this level that not only is Tarasenko not traded, but I could even see a 3-5 year contract. I don't expect it, but it would not surprise me in the least. Winning can cure a lot of ills.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Robb_K wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:07 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:57 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:45 pm Tarasenko post game interview

How can you trade him if he keeps playing like that?
He won't want to leave after scoring 40 goals in the regular season and 25 in The Playoffs, leading The Blues to their 2nd Stanley Cup Championship! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The faces of his team-mates on the bench...What a locker-room poison he must be. NOT!

stlblues1226 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:07 pm I wonder if some of Vladi's "trade me" frustration has to do with the team under performing and his shoulder issues the previous two season, or since the bubble restart, at least. If he had been more healthy or the Blues had played better while he was hurt, maybe this never would have happened. Nothing to back this up, just purely speculation on my part. I would not be surprised if the Blues and Tarasenko continue to play at this level that not only is Tarasenko not traded, but I could even see a 3-5 year contract. I don't expect it, but it would not surprise me in the least. Winning can cure a lot of ills.
I'm counting on that!

BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:21 pm Has anybody changed their position on Krug?
I'm waiting to see how he does this season. Last "season" was not normal. COVID restrictions still limited practices. If I remember correctly, full team practices were not allowed, not to mention, no real training camp either. That is going to hamper anyone that is trying to get comfortable with a new team.

This season, he's had a normal training camp and pre-season. I think a lot of things will look better, Krug included. Remember Faulk wasn't great his first season with the Blues, either. It takes time and with COVID screwing up two seasons in two very different ways, I just don't trust anything that's happened since March 11, 2020. This feels like a real and normal season. This is where we see who's doing well and who's not.

I am withholding any judgement on anyone until we get into 2022. Even then, I'll be more worried about the whole team than I will be about any individual.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!