FTP: Kings @ Blues 10/23/2021

Next win, next FTP!

The original thread link is here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... 1.2851480/

Page number: 1

After last nights game Kupari needs to slide over to centre while Lizotte exits and Grundstrom moves to his natural RWing while Tkachev moves to his natural LWing. All other lines can stay intact at least for now...more goals are needed and if Kopi-Star isn't scoring the Kings are screwed

Kupari looked great last night. Hope he pushes his way up the lineup. Was nice to see Vilardi score too, he has a hell of a shot. Lord have mercy, Olli "Bobby Orr" Maatta is back in the lineup. I guess we're finally about to see what our team looks like without Doughty. Since the cup win in 2014, he's only missed three regular season games.

oh shit this is a b2b? this has the potential to be a slaughter for the ages

That defense
They'll probably win though, just because reasons.

Blues are undefeated so far and we've lost 3 in a row and just lost our Franchise's best defenseman so naturally we're going to win by 5

It shouldn't be -- at least for that reason. They haven't played much at all yet and I think they will be pumped with Drew out. Of course, I thought they were well-rested before Nashville and they came out flat as a pancake.

Kopitar: 0 points, -2

Everything points to us losing this game. Franchise Dman out, back-to-back on the road, playing an undefeated team in their home opener.
4-2 Kings.

5-1 Blues. Reverse jinx. Prove me wrong. I'll be glad to eat crow.

Switch Kupari into Kempe's 2nd line spot. Probably not going to be much of a game to watch for us.

I'm with everyone else, everything points to a loss, so 8-2 Kings.
Blake Lizotte with 5 goals

I look at the Blues roster compared to ours with no Doughty in the second of a back to back.....shutout incoming and it ain't gonna be pretty. I may have to skip this game and just come here for all the comments always a blast reading everyone's thoughts.

Delete

Tarasenko on the third line, what a world.
Remember when Bozak was the leafs number 1 center?

Anyone know when Andersson and Lemiuex are expected to return?
Tmac forgetting all about the Russian kid. Sounds vaguely familiar

Maata on second pairing?

Gotta love Bally Sports advertising games from opening night.

At least there's no Saad.

I'm expecting a five point night from Olli Maatta.

Kupari finally showed a few flashes last game, and now people are ready to anoint him.

Kyle Clifford's first game of the season.
$10 says he runs us into the boards.

Anoint him what? Guy most likely to get a secondary assist by Christmas?

Page number: 2

Geordie Howe hat trick definitely.

Into the boards? No, through the boards.

Can anybody hit the net?

That penalty was for spinning, not hooking.

Kupari on the PK. I like it.

Kupari is an offensive player and gets time on the penalty kill but never in the top six or in 3 on 3 overtime. Dont get this coach one bit

Looks like Kaliyev is picking up on how to forget he can score goals by shooting it into the goalie's crest.

What's up with the broadcast?

Top notch production.

That's how you play your way into the lineup Maata. A blatant give away.

Maatta is so effin awful

Maatta just sucks at hockey. Worst part is he thinks he's better than he actually is.

Yeah the nickname "œScott Niedermaaatta" really hits the mark.

Nice shot AI.

Blue aren't good in their end either.

Iafallo is wearing an "A".
Is that new?

Somehow we're winning. I'm taking a screenshot as proof

Yes. No doughty.

I think he took Doughty's A

Yep, the dreaded lead.

That didn't take long.

Well, that was fast... lol.

It was nice while it lasted

I really hate Perron's face.

Page number: 3

Perron loves playing the Kings

Kings are 0-3 when scoring the first goal of the game.
They are 1-0 when giving up the first goal.

Maata gets the puck and immediately turns it over.

Just take Maata out right now please

f***ing Maatta. Good grief.

we'd be better off with 5 d lol

Maatta makes Brown look like Kopitar

Here comes the Power or not

**** off

Sounds about right...

You gotta be kidding me

Good shot. But man. Petersen continues to look mediocre at best.

Kings should draft a goalie.

Pathetic

Lovely.

The D is a total mess without DD.

Great shot by Barbashev, but f***ing yikes.

Problems all around

Can't figure out why Walker "” our best offensive defenseman with or without Doughty in the lineup "” didn't slot onto PP1.

Dang, Kaliyev was the one you wanted with the puck there too. Growing pains.

no idea wtf arvidson was doing there

yep, I was like noooo that was the perfect setup for him to unload

Yeah bummer he lost the handle.

Why didn't Petersen just stand up...terrible goal

Page number: 4

2 games in a row where both Quick and Cal gave up backhand goals from bad spots

Arvidsson has either been good or abysmal so far this season, no in between

I'm convinced these guys don't talk to each other on the ice.

That was right into the corner of the net but yeah Petersen should be aggressive there. I'm not very impressed without "œgoalie of the future". Our 1A 1B is more like 2A 2B.

That was a tough shot to stop.
Backhanders can be really difficult to anticipate.

I'm wondering if they know each other's names without looking at the back of the jersey. Who are you again? You're a hockey player? Wait, I'm a hockey player?!?!

Is HF painfully slow for anyone else? I'm getting server errors and terrible load times.

I mostly don't like where they were scored from. One from in close and then another one from the hash marks.

Worst part is Quicks excuse is that he's old and shined many years ago.
Cal has legitimately shown no promise.

They are both competing for the backup spot...

It's pretty slow. I like how it was a "œfailed dns update" that caused the migration failure too. Like how is that even possible.

The only thing performing worse than the Kings are the site servers

Brutal

Man, Perron is the goal scorer of his generation, and we have welcomed Neighbors to the NHL!

This team is bad

we are so bad

Wheels have fallen off, you could see the Neighbors goal a mile away

Alright, that's a bad GA.

the only thing worse than that goal was Fox's neighbors joke

Why is Tkachev scratched?
Better hope the Dodgers pull this out because the Lakers and Kings are not off to a good start

If Maatta isn't waived after that display of "œdefense"...

Lines all over the place now. Villardi to wing.

Wow, gonna turn this one off. See ya later boys! Have a good night! Go Dodgers!

Coaches are grasping at straws, shows how much of a ruse "œthe plan" is from this regime.

Page number: 5

Kings just back off and let them enter the zone with line and generate a chance. No one steps up.

I am increasingly believing that this team is run more by analytics than hockey experience.

Don't worry guys the rebuild is over

Luc didn't graduate from HS, I don't see him as a math guy.

Roy and Lizotte just watch ROR score. Nice.

Another year of the same old shit.

I can easily see the Blues getting 7 or 8 before the start of the 3rd

Who's gonna step up Jim?
Brendan Lemieux would've. That's about it.
Oh and Quicky.

Back to back on the road, I get it, but there's just a lot of legs not moving. Can't even change goalies. Can't fight your way out of it in the league anymore. Plenty of garbage time left.
They better be better on Monday. More effort at least.

For Christ's sake, James Neal is on this team. No way we should be down by 4.
No heart or identity Kings.

Nice pass by Vilardi. Lmao no call.

Love the line changing going on...maybe something will click.

Love the line changing going on...maybe something will click.

We can't get out of our own way. Its been this way for years now

Trojans done, Kings done, Dodgers done. The Saturday trinity.

Not as bad as the Leafs.

Not as bad as the Leafs.

Jan 8 is the date to watch. Wings might be the only team the Kings can beat.

Welp time for the plight for Wright.
All aboard!

The Dodgers ade getting shelled too

I'm not surprised. This team was borderline with Doughty. Without him it's pretty bleak. What I find unacceptable is the soulless, ballless, lack of passion and effort from these clowns.

Just gotta stay patient and let Blake work out the kinks in the ten year plan.

I leave after the first LA down 2-1 and then the Kings give up 3 in the 2nd period...holy shit time for the LA to fast forward Lukas Parik and some D-men from Ontario Reign and Barrie Colts

Page number: 6

Nah I'm done with this shit. I'm watching the Galaxy

This feels like it could be another long season.

Maata.

"Sol is negative, it's a new season"
Uhuh.

The Kings without Doughty are far worse than anyone could have imagined. The blueline is horrendous.

Started watching the Kings last year. Couldn't agree more.
I watch a lot of Red Wings hockey. Outside Doughty, the Kings defense is every bit as bad as Detroit's.

What is with this skate to center ice and turn completely around and pass it back into the d zone they keep doing on the PP this season?

Its called dumbf***ery

Its been like that for years now and every team knows it. It doesnt work and they keep trying. Its such a bad team in all aspects from the top down I dont know what to say

If after 20 games we are 5 games under .500....which would be a minor miracle, changes need to be considered.

i haven't watched the whole game, but the blues could honestly be up by another touchdown from what i've seen

A lot of you guys aren't getting this. Its Apollo 13. Forget the old flight plan...

Changes should have been considered offseason

Well"¦the Reign are 4-0. How much for AHL.TV?

"He wants you to rip the cover off the flight plan."
"All the Kings need to hold attitude is one fixed point in space. Maybe we should try the opponent's net?"
"We're going to have to do this manually."
"It's like flying with an elephant on our back."

So Kopitar only played 16 minutes after playing almost 23 last night. Danault the only forward to get more time (by 16 seconds).
Looks like the youth aren't taking charge. Again.

It's honestly hard to enjoy watching the Kings right now. They're not just bad, they lack any emotion. Doughty is the only "fiery" guy left on the team and with him out there is no emotion left.

I don't know man, Austin Wagner is scoring there.

Well, after Murray and Sutter braindead hockey we hired someone who crated the legendary choking artists playing the same style
as Sutter and Murray.
Same **** since years. Taking the speed out with weird cross passes in our own zone and then enter the o-zone as slow as possible already glued to the boards.
With any luck we make it into the corner and can pass back to the defender who shoots it right into the crowd or can't control the puck.
I still think we are 3-4 years away from playoff but for **** sake, keep the youngsters away from this train wreck.
Don't let any of this crap impact their way to play hockey

This offseason, when we were debating what the Kings should do, I was of the unpopular opinion that the Kings should tank.
I thought after the acquisitions of Danault/Arvidsson that the tank was off. But it looks like it's going to happen anyways.

Mid 90s Kings hockey is back!

Blake should fire Todd and take over behind the bench. He needs an up close view of his handiwork to face reality. Of course it would be better to shitcan the whole cast of failures who previously made this organization a laughing stock when they were in charge on the ice.

Other than Vilardi, the other two yutes wouldn't be here if not for injuries, so, what are they going to take charge of? Good or bad, they're not put in positions to even try to take charge. They got some time on different lines in a blowout loss. If this game was close, they're both at like 10min.

That Danault contract might already be looking bad.
Matt Roy is one of those guys who works really hard in his contract year, then after he signs his new deal he goes into coast mode.

Grundy and Arty looked real good.
kupari need to go to the AHL. He is almost there but not a 4th line player. We need a criminal.

Page number: 7

Pens were missing Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Guentzel, Rust, and won 7-1. ZERO f***ing heart here. f*** this team.
On one hand, yeah, we knew what a shitshow this team would be without Doughty, and sorta glad people get to witness it since it's an EXTREMELY rare occurance since 2008. On the other....
This is literal year-over-year-over-year regression. We are actively getting worse than in the past few years.
Clock better be ticking on this entire f***ing organization right now.

Okay, honest truth are. We really won't know what we have for about a month. So many injuries. Anderson, Doughty, Byfield Etc. Look, I'm not saying they are going to make us a playoff team... I don't think even with all those guys we are, but we're probably better than we are playing right now.
Did I just type that? I need to go to bed.

Oh I wasn't disagree, mostly just piggybacking , lol

I'm usually the last person advocating patience with this organization. Especially after their rhetoric this offseason. The rebuild is over blah blah blah. But I feel like we honestly have no choice. These guys just have to step the f*** up. Now after 20 or 30 games if we're absolutely horrid, then obviously a coaching change will be in order.

I just don't know what to think anymore because I'm in the 2 minds of trying to be patient and the other side just being incessantly frustrated at the organization as a whole because they just aren't getting better and the issues that we've been complaining about are still there. I just don't know, just play better is all I ask

Giving up 7 goals should mean demotions and some recalls from Ontario

The reality of the situation"¦ our defense after doughty is a bunch of #5-#6 type defenseman, and our offense is Kopitar and a bunch of 2nd and 3rd liners"¦ Goaltending is average"¦

And that's the thing--I dont' necessarily expect to be competitive with Doughty out--but I do expect some life, progress, and some fight. Instead it's regression and the same old same old. 3 years of regression so far. I don't think it's expecting much to expect the product to be visibly stepping forward and we're getting neither thing.

Pretty disappointing start to the season. The worst part being the Byfield injury. I want to be watching the shiny new toy develop if i've got to watch us lose.
They can hum on my Ballys if they expect me to pay to watch this shit though.

Bull.
11 of the 18 skaters are 26 and under. If they can't take over one game or outplay any vet to get top-6 ice time, especially after Kopitar/Danault were on the ice for 41 combined minutes the night before, then there's a problem.
And while some of the youngsters are here because of injuries, they aren't playing to keep a job. When the injured return, there will be deserved demotions.

It's a mathematical certainty.

I missed this game and now I'm here to check out all the posts. As usual not disappointed one bit always great reads. Man this team blows. Can't get mad at what is expected. Gonna be a long season again.
Edit: Not gonna lose hope I think.

You're a good man, ru4reals.

It's not the coach when the whole team just doesn't seem interested in playing. Something has been lacking in the locker room culture since Lombardi was let go, or perhaps a bit longer.
I am still firmly of the opinion that stripping Brown of the captaincy and giving Doughty an "˜A' we're both mistakes. I can't prove either are directly related to the culture issues, but I certainly have my suspicions.

yeah i have trouble actively rooting for the team to fail, so i'll hope for the best but they're making it real hard to be excited about anything
suffice to say i have major concerns about the leadership of this team, on ice and behind the bench. lemieux can't be the only one who cares..
if this continues, i'm not sure they're left with any other choice but to blow it up at the deadline/offseason, then we're really in for it

yep. love kopitar, love everything he's done, but he's not the captain this team needs right now
it's beyond obvious that there's an emotional investment issue in this team and quite frankly kopitar isn't an emotionally invested guy, no matter how good he is. i think that rubs off.

Didn't watch. No surprise at the result.

Page number: 8

I agree with the assessment that what's really wrong with this team is the defense.
Doughty is Doughty
Anderson is slotted too high and has had some growing pains
Roy has been an absolute disaster since he signed his new contract
Walker fluctuates between fine and awful
Bjornfot could have benefited from more seasoning
Edler has actually been decent
Maatta has no business being in the NHL, he's horrendous
The Kings are missing a top pairing partner for Doughty, and a second pairing mid to late 20's vet with size and snarl

Watching the breakout and the passing that lead to Browns goal, it's the same thing that happen in Dallas in OT, except the puck carrier tonight chose to pass it to the guy on the wing, who then gave it back to Brown. Easy goal.

It's not the need for an enforcer but rather a top-to-bottom attitude adjustment. You watch playoff teams in this league and then the Kings and it doesn't look like the same sport: and it's not because of the skill.
What's wild is Blake wasn't a bitch as a player but he's building the softest team in league history.

Enjoyed the game. Don't think Kings need to bring in a tough guy. They're going to have to find their, toughness, or they'll be run out of the league. Good time to build some character & learn how to win. Let's see how they come out in the next game. Do they light guys up starting the 1st shift or just roll over & play dead? We play the Blues again Monday! Perfect opportunity!