Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Vegas - 9:00 10/20 - TV:TNT

Just came here to say that Binner was excellent last night. He'd had some great moments in the first two games, but he really put together a fantastic 60 minutes last night. I don't want to say he stole the win last night because the rest of the team played fantastic hockey. Problem was Lehner was pretty much equally good until he was staring down a 3 on 0 halfway through the third period. Great team win all around.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Robb_K wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:43 pm
ratonmono wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:55 pm
Robb_K wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:41 pm

What would Buffalo want back? Tarasenko + ?
It would be a tough deal to make. Buffalo would want Thomas for sure but beyond that making the salaries balance is tough. I don’t think Tarasenko wants to waive for Buffalo.
Maybe he'd allow being traded to Buffalo AND there's a deal in place for Buffalo to flip him to a 3rd team?
I'm really not sure why we would even entertain the idea of an even swap. Vladi is playing well, much better than Eichel right now, just don't see the upside for us

Good overall performance by the Blues. Vladi was on a mission all night long and it finally paid off. While he may never put 30 in the net again, he is a much more rounded player, and is definitely playing with passion.

I stick to what I said earlier about Neighbors, he clearly gets the idea, but it was obvious he was playing his 3rd NHL game. He should sit Saturday. Not as a message or anything, a chance to learn, get coached up a little, stretch his 9 games out a little and come back in Monday. He might get a break because it's the home opener, but I think he should sit.

I thought it was funny in the pregame the showed the Vegas locker room pregame speech. The coach was telling them how they were the faster team and should use that advantage. Guess we were faster than they thought.

Speed is not really our game, but it was good to see that we can play that game too. We also dominated in hits all night. They were missing Reeves for sure. Of course they were also missing a couple of their top guys, but that's just how it goes.

Overall, great start to the season. Looking forward to finally getting to watch a whole game live!!!

Rivermanfan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:07 pm Good overall performance by the Blues. Vladi was on a mission all night long and it finally paid off. While he may never put 30 in the net again, he is a much more rounded player, and is definitely playing with passion.

I stick to what I said earlier about Neighbors, he clearly gets the idea, but it was obvious he was playing his 3rd NHL game. He should sit Saturday. Not as a message or anything, a chance to learn, get coached up a little, stretch his 9 games out a little and come back in Monday. He might get a break because it's the home opener, but I think he should sit.

I thought it was funny in the pregame the showed the Vegas locker room pregame speech. The coach was telling them how they were the faster team and should use that advantage. Guess we were faster than they thought.

Speed is not really our game, but it was good to see that we can play that game too. We also dominated in hits all night. They were missing Reeves for sure. Of course they were also missing a couple of their top guys, but that's just how it goes.

Overall, great start to the season. Looking forward to finally getting to watch a whole game live!!!
I can buy sitting Neighbors, but with Saad out with covid protocols, it's unlikely that Neighbors sits.

Rivermanfan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:07 pm Good overall performance by the Blues. Vladi was on a mission all night long and it finally paid off. While he may never put 30 in the net again, he is a much more rounded player, and is definitely playing with passion.

I can buy sitting Neighbors, but with Saad out with covid protocols, it's unlikely that Neighbors sits.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:09 pm Biznasty’s new nickname should be Raging Bull wannabe. He looks more like a young DeNiro than DeNiro.
He sucks though. Looks like Wayne already pulled rank and told TNT to get that buttass away from him since they put him on the opposite side this week
He sucks at the whole analyzing hockey part but it was pretty funny seeing him just get made fun of by Gretzky during the intermissions
Was just watching some of the replay of game on ESPN and it was hilarious when Biz got only 20 seconds to talk and then Gretz said just like one of your shifts - ha

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:18 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:09 pm Biznasty’s new nickname should be Raging Bull wannabe. He looks more like a young DeNiro than DeNiro.
He sucks though. Looks like Wayne already pulled rank and told TNT to get that buttass away from him since they put him on the opposite side this week
He sucks at the whole analyzing hockey part but it was pretty funny seeing him just get made fun of by Gretzky during the intermissions
Was just watching some of the replay of game on ESPN and it was hilarious when Biz got only 20 seconds to talk and then Gretz said just like one of your shifts - ha
That’s a great line by the great one
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:42 pm This team is just so exciting and fun! May health be on their side
Agreed, but I think as the season goes on teams will tighten up and we'll see less opportunity for things like Kyrou's sweet goal against Arizona. Still, I'd rather have them now than never, and I'm sure we'll see some of that as the season wears along. The skill/grit ratio has swing a lot more to the skill side of things than most recent versions of the Blues.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!