Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Vegas - 9:00 10/20 - TV:TNT

Just watched the 9 minute highlight clip of game. Blues look so much better with Tarasenko in lineup, glad he’s here. Kostin looks and plays big out there. What an impact he’s going to have on this team. When I said a few weeks ago the Blues were best in the west, I meant it. West is weak. Army just needs to elevate that D and we got a heck of a shot at Finals.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:09 pm Biznasty’s new nickname should be Raging Bull wannabe. He looks more like a young DeNiro than DeNiro.
He sucks though. Looks like Wayne already pulled rank and told TNT to get that buttass away from him since they put him on the opposite side this week
He sucks at the whole analyzing hockey part but it was pretty funny seeing him just get made fun of by Gretzky during the intermissions

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Was anyone struck by how different Petro’s role is in Vegas vs here? He barely even looked like a defenseman, playing more like a Brent Burns type player out there. I can’t remember a time he just stayed home at the point in the offensive zone. Nice of him to gift us the game winner too
Yeah he created almost all of their offense the last 40 minutes of the game. He's good at it and it almost created a few goals for them, but it also directly led to the Blues gwg. I don't harbor any ill will towards him for leaving, but it was still extremely satisfying to see him cough one up to Krug and have the puck in the Vegas net 3 seconds later.

Vegas is still going to be great when the big guns get back, but they're going to wear the hell out of Lehner if Petro creeping up is the only way they generate chances until then.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 am When Tarasenko scored, it looked like he went after a Vegas player. MattyIce told me here at work it was Petro. Can anyone elaborate on this. Was it Petro and what triggered Tank?
It was Petro but that's all I know. I kept rewinding and trying to figure out what happened. And the TV guys never mentioned it. Maybe if there's a recording of the Blues radio broadcast our guys may have mentioned it.

My guess is that Tarasenko was defending a team mate. But that's a guess.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

BluesSK wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:49 am
BillP. wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 am When Tarasenko scored, it looked like he went after a Vegas player. MattyIce told me here at work it was Petro. Can anyone elaborate on this. Was it Petro and what triggered Tank?
They said Schenn chirped something to Petro. Petro retaliated and then Tarasenko went after him.

I like having four Russians in the starting lineup.

Yeah earlier in the shift Schenn hit Petro and Petro grabbed his stick and threw it away as the play went to the other end. After the goal created by a Petro turnover how do you not say something? I don't think there was really too much to the confrontation, but it cut the hugs short. You can see the whole thing in the replay here, pretty funny to be honest, haha.

...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:55 pm
Robb_K wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:41 pm
ratonmono wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:36 pm Interesting game so far. Binny is giving up juicy rebounds. Can’t be doing that with this D corps. Forwards looking good as usual offensively just gotta bury a few past Lehner who has been very good.

OT but Eklund says Blues are in on Eichel. 😂😂
What would Buffalo want back? Tarasenko + ?
It would be a tough deal to make. Buffalo would want Thomas for sure but beyond that making the salaries balance is tough. I don’t think Tarasenko wants to waive for Buffalo.
Maybe he'd allow being traded to Buffalo AND there's a deal in place for Buffalo to flip him to a 3rd team?