Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Arizona - 9:00 10/18 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 pm There’s a gap between the bottom of the boards and the ice behind the Blues net, correct??
There might be. I think that's the Zamboni gate area, so that could be why. Maybe that area is a bit raised above ice level and not painted yellow, so it looks like a gap but isn't. Or I could be completely wrong. That's just a guess.
Last edited by stlblues1226 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

I loved to see both Kostin and Neighbours setting up right in front of the net and not letting anyone move them out. I hope we keep seeing that even when we play teams who play a much more physical style in their own end. I think this could be a fun season, with Kostin, Kyrou, and Neighbours breaking out, moving up another level , or two, in their play. I only hope that Thomas will do that, too. Faulk looks like he's going to be an All Star. Parayko looks healthy for the first time in a long time. This should be a lot better season than 2020-21.

I am all for a zero tolerance policy on head butts and in favor of penalizing accordingly, but the act was far less likely to result in injury than a lot of stuff you see that draws a minor penalty or sometimes even no penalty. For example, based on what I saw, if I were given a choice of (1) being on the receiving of the head butt or (2) being on the receiving end of the cross check Buchenevich took prior to the head butt, I would have taken the first option.