Re: GDT: Opening Night! St Louis Blues at Colorado - 8:00 10/16 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Rivermanfan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:03 pm So, I didn't get a chance to watch the game until Sunday, and it was definitely a fun game to watch. Given who Colorado was missing, we should have won by 4-1, as we were at one time. Of course we all know how the wheels came off a bit towards the end, but we got both points so I guess no harm no foul.

In all honestly, the way we played at the end, they deserved the win are at least 1 point, as that goal looked clearly good to me, but sometime the breaks go our way. For the record, we are now officially up 1 break!! It was a little disturbing how we ended up at that point though. Pull the goalie with 6 minutes left in the game?? Seems like a pretty dumb idea to me, but turns out there is a reason I'm not coaching in the NHL. So they got one on us. no biggie. Then they come back with a 2nd. That is a problem, the guys clearly don't know what to do. Maybe play like a PK, but icing the puck isn't an option, so we ended up in the middle and that is never a good place to end up in cases like that. So then they have the balls to pull the goalie a 3rd time!!!! No way they score here, right? But of course they did, I don't think it was kicked in at all, but it was a break for us. At that point they were just completely disrespecting us and pulled the goalie a 4th time!!! Well we had taken a T.O. by then, (might should have done that sooner, just sayin) and they figured out that the system is to just get the puck out of the zone, softly and down the middle of the ice. If you end up icing it, you deal with it, but you also have a shot at a free goal every time and force the Av's back to defend which takes away alot of the man advantage.

Long story short, as we all know, they get the win. 1-0 beat the evil Av's. Kadri got his ass properly kicked and all is well in Blues world!!!

Of course fans always have to have something to bitch about.

On to they Yotes, hopefully they don't own us like last year. Can't wait to get back to central or eastern time so I might get to watch live!!

Let's Go Blues
This game was a classic example of a big lead being dangerous as the other team just goes for broke. I haven't checked any of the fancy stats, but I'm sure they're not very pretty since the Avs owned the puck as soon as the Blues went up 3. Regarding the 6v5 goals...boy it sure would be nice to sprinkle in an empty net goal at some point, right? That's a scary team (even without MacKinnon/Landeskog) to give an extra man, so even if it took a goal getting overturned that pretty much never gets overturned, I'll take it. We've seen enough games like this where 2 points turn into 0 or 1 over the last couple years. A win by the skin of your teeth is still a win. One VERY good sign was that the PK went 3 for 3. If the PK holds up and Binner has a decent season this team will be a-ok.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: GDT: Opening Night! St Louis Blues at Colorado - 8:00 10/16 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Well I guess we eventually ended up with the empty netter, but took way too long!! O'Reilly definitely made sure he put it away at the end though!!
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:19 pm
Rivermanfan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:03 pm So, I didn't get a chance to watch the game until Sunday, and it was definitely a fun game to watch. Given who Colorado was missing, we should have won by 4-1, as we were at one time. Of course we all know how the wheels came off a bit towards the end, but we got both points so I guess no harm no foul.

In all honestly, the way we played at the end, they deserved the win are at least 1 point, as that goal looked clearly good to me, but sometime the breaks go our way. For the record, we are now officially up 1 break!! It was a little disturbing how we ended up at that point though. Pull the goalie with 6 minutes left in the game?? Seems like a pretty dumb idea to me, but turns out there is a reason I'm not coaching in the NHL. So they got one on us. no biggie. Then they come back with a 2nd. That is a problem, the guys clearly don't know what to do. Maybe play like a PK, but icing the puck isn't an option, so we ended up in the middle and that is never a good place to end up in cases like that. So then they have the balls to pull the goalie a 3rd time!!!! No way they score here, right? But of course they did, I don't think it was kicked in at all, but it was a break for us. At that point they were just completely disrespecting us and pulled the goalie a 4th time!!! Well we had taken a T.O. by then, (might should have done that sooner, just sayin) and they figured out that the system is to just get the puck out of the zone, softly and down the middle of the ice. If you end up icing it, you deal with it, but you also have a shot at a free goal every time and force the Av's back to defend which takes away alot of the man advantage.

Long story short, as we all know, they get the win. 1-0 beat the evil Av's. Kadri got his ass properly kicked and all is well in Blues world!!!

Of course fans always have to have something to bitch about.

On to they Yotes, hopefully they don't own us like last year. Can't wait to get back to central or eastern time so I might get to watch live!!

Yeah, the empty netter came eventually, but far too long!! I will say, I think it was O'Reilly who made absolutely sure it got buried!!!

Let's Go Blues
This game was a classic example of a big lead being dangerous as the other team just goes for broke. I haven't checked any of the fancy stats, but I'm sure they're not very pretty since the Avs owned the puck as soon as the Blues went up 3. Regarding the 6v5 goals...boy it sure would be nice to sprinkle in an empty net goal at some point, right? That's a scary team (even without MacKinnon/Landeskog) to give an extra man, so even if it took a goal getting overturned that pretty much never gets overturned, I'll take it. We've seen enough games like this where 2 points turn into 0 or 1 over the last couple years. A win by the skin of your teeth is still a win. One VERY good sign was that the PK went 3 for 3. If the PK holds up and Binner has a decent season this team will be a-ok.