Re: GDT: Opening Night! St Louis Blues at Colorado - 8:00 10/16 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Turk Sanderson wrote: As much as I liked someone-anyone going after Kadri, it shouldn't have to be one of your top players. You can get that done much cheaper. This team still needs a couple of hooners to take care of shit like that. Love Schenn for answering the bell, though.
To be fair to the rest of the team, Schenn didn't even give them a chance. Pretty mucj as soon as Kadri hopped over the boards on his first shift Schenn went after him. That guy love fighting Avs.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:45 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: As much as I liked someone-anyone going after Kadri, it shouldn't have to be one of your top players. You can get that done much cheaper. This team still needs a couple of hooners to take care of shit like that. Love Schenn for answering the bell, though.
To be fair to the rest of the team, Schenn didn't even give them a chance. Pretty mucj as soon as Kadri hopped over the boards on his first shift Schenn went after him. That guy love fighting Avs.
Yeah, but look up and down that lineup... nobody other than Bortz has the stones to do it.

RAFritchey wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:33 pm Glad for the win, as always, but if MacKinnon and Landeskog are in the Av's lineup, we don't win that game.
Not sure how this can be a definitive statement. Blues were the better team for basically all but the final 5 minutes.

But also, even if so, not many teams will go into Colorado this year and win.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:23 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:33 pm Glad for the win, as always, but if MacKinnon and Landeskog are in the Av's lineup, we don't win that game.
Not sure how this can be a definitive statement. Blues were the better team for basically all but the final 5 minutes.

But also, even if so, not many teams will go into Colorado this year and win.
MacKinnon and Landeskog are arguably their 2 best forwards, and two of the best in the league. They combined for 11 points against the Blues last year in just 4 games, and they both bring a LOT more than 'just' scoring. The fate of this game came down to a disallowed goal and an empty netter at the end. Good win, but there are definitely things to work on as a group if we want to be successful next time!

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:48 pm Hey @T.C., I am able to watch Blues @ 'Lanche tonight on Bally Sports in my hotel room in God-forsaken Danville, IL. Your life really DOES suck. :oops:
No, my life is great, which is bad news for the NHL. I’m sure like millions of other hockey fans currently unable to watch their local/favorite team, after two years of this bullshit, I’m starting to miss it less. Hope the NHL is happy. And that’s me. The casual NHL fan? Already long gone. This local blackout nonsense and farting around with regional providers is fucking retarded. That model is history. Lift local blackout restrictions and put the nail in the coffin of this regional price-gouging fuckery. Anything else is just hurting your brand. Good job Bettman.

T.C. wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:03 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:48 pm Hey @T.C., I am able to watch Blues @ 'Lanche tonight on Bally Sports in my hotel room in God-forsaken Danville, IL. Your life really DOES suck. :oops:
No, my life is great, which is bad news for the NHL. I’m sure like millions of other hockey fans currently unable to watch their local/favorite team, after two years of this bullshit, I’m starting to miss it less. Hope the NHL is happy. And that’s me. The casual NHL fan? Already long gone. This local blackout nonsense and farting around with regional providers is fucking retarded. That model is history. Lift local blackout restrictions and put the nail in the coffin of this regional price-gouging fuckery. Anything else is just hurting your brand. Good job Bettman.
Yeah. You're absolutely right. The US market needs to fix itself big time.

I'm in the Oilers, Flames and Jets region. They overlap. I get every game on either TSN or Sportsnet West feeds and there are no local blackouts in the individual cities.

I'll be curious to see what the lines look like against the Coyotes. It seemed like there was a fair amount of line juggling by the end of the game. I know things got wonky for a little when Schenn had to go to the dressing room for repairs, but he didn't miss a ton of time. Neal and Neighbors had 11 and 9 minutes respectively. Might one of them come out to give Kostin a look? Will Barbashev move up after a banger of a game? Also maybe Walman draws out of the lineup in favor of Mikkola. Walman played fine, but I wonder if he drew that first assignment based on his skating being a better fit against the Avs rather than a pure indicator of the depth chart.

An early season game against a team that's actively trying to lose is a great opportunity to get some guys their first taste of the season.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:19 am I'll be curious to see what the lines look like against the Coyotes. It seemed like there was a fair amount of line juggling by the end of the game. I know things got wonky for a little when Schenn had to go to the dressing room for repairs, but he didn't miss a ton of time. Neal and Neighbors had 11 and 9 minutes respectively. Might one of them come out to give Kostin a look? Will Barbashev move up after a banger of a game? Also maybe Walman draws out of the lineup in favor of Mikkola. Walman played fine, but I wonder if he drew that first assignment based on his skating being a better fit against the Avs rather than a pure indicator of the depth chart.

An early season game against a team that's actively trying to lose is a great opportunity to get some guys their first taste of the season.

Neighbours, wasn't very friendly and hit everything in sight. He led the team in hits and played a perfect 4th line game. I doubt he comes out for Kostin.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:49 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:19 am I'll be curious to see what the lines look like against the Coyotes. It seemed like there was a fair amount of line juggling by the end of the game. I know things got wonky for a little when Schenn had to go to the dressing room for repairs, but he didn't miss a ton of time. Neal and Neighbors had 11 and 9 minutes respectively. Might one of them come out to give Kostin a look? Will Barbashev move up after a banger of a game? Also maybe Walman draws out of the lineup in favor of Mikkola. Walman played fine, but I wonder if he drew that first assignment based on his skating being a better fit against the Avs rather than a pure indicator of the depth chart.

Neighbours, wasn't very friendly and hit everything in sight. He led the team in hits and played a perfect 4th line game. I doubt he comes out for Kostin.
Sure, I don't think anyone that played really deserves to come out. But in terms of just getting guys a game, this seems like a great opportunity to get some guys a look.

So, I didn't get a chance to watch the game until Sunday, and it was definitely a fun game to watch. Given who Colorado was missing, we should have won by 4-1, as we were at one time. Of course we all know how the wheels came off a bit towards the end, but we got both points so I guess no harm no foul.

In all honestly, the way we played at the end, they deserved the win are at least 1 point, as that goal looked clearly good to me, but sometime the breaks go our way. For the record, we are now officially up 1 break!! It was a little disturbing how we ended up at that point though. Pull the goalie with 6 minutes left in the game?? Seems like a pretty dumb idea to me, but turns out there is a reason I'm not coaching in the NHL. So they got one on us. no biggie. Then they come back with a 2nd. That is a problem, the guys clearly don't know what to do. Maybe play like a PK, but icing the puck isn't an option, so we ended up in the middle and that is never a good place to end up in cases like that. So then they have the balls to pull the goalie a 3rd time!!!! No way they score here, right? But of course they did, I don't think it was kicked in at all, but it was a break for us. At that point they were just completely disrespecting us and pulled the goalie a 4th time!!! Well we had taken a T.O. by then, (might should have done that sooner, just sayin) and they figured out that the system is to just get the puck out of the zone, softly and down the middle of the ice. If you end up icing it, you deal with it, but you also have a shot at a free goal every time and force the Av's back to defend which takes away alot of the man advantage.

Long story short, as we all know, they get the win. 1-0 beat the evil Av's. Kadri got his ass properly kicked and all is well in Blues world!!!

Of course fans always have to have something to bitch about.

On to they Yotes, hopefully they don't own us like last year. Can't wait to get back to central or eastern time so I might get to watch live!!

Let's Go Blues