GDT: Opening Night! St Louis Blues at Colorado - 8:00 10/16 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Damn it feels good to be making a game day thread again.

Blues Projected Lines:
Saad-O'Reilly-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buchnevich
Neal-Thomas-Tarasenko
Neighbours-Bozak-Barbashev
Extras: Clifford, Sundqvist, Kostin

Scandella-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Walman-Bortuzzo
Extra: Mikkola

Binnington
Husso

Injuries: Perron and MacKinnon are questionable today. Landeskog suspended. Advantage Blues
st-louis-blues-hockey.gif st-louis-blues-hockey.gif Viewed 11076 times 487.14 KiB
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: GDT: Opening Night! St Louis Blues at Colorado - 8:00 10/16 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:32 pm That 3rd line could be DEADLY
It’s the line I’m most excited about too. The potential of it is, well I’d put it up there with any 3rd line in the league.

And if Neal flops you have Neighbours or Kostin ready to move up.

Not a whole lot of sandpiper in the forward group but the regular season doesn’t have much to sand down anyway
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: GDT: Opening Night! St Louis Blues at Colorado - 8:00 10/16 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but to me, this is the first time I've been excited to see the Blues since COVID stopped a great Blues season in March of 2020. I wanted to see hockey again, but it wasn't right. I have watched hockey, but more like I watch the NFL Red Zone channel. I have it on while I'm doing other things.

The bubble was not what I expected and not just because the Blues had as much energy as a retirement home at 10pm on a Tuesday night. It just held no interest for me. Then last "season" wasn't right either. 56 games does not make for a real NHL season. Sure fans were back, all 37 that were allowed in the building. Again, just not hockey like it should be. Better than no hockey? Yes, but in the same way tofu is better than starving.

This team needs normal, run of the mill practice and training camp. In my opinion Chief has a system and it can't be practiced with only 8 players on the ice at a time or whatever the COVID limits were for last season for practice. I saw better hockey this pre-season than I've seen since March 10, 2020.

I cannot wait for tonight's game. It's been tough waiting for the Blues to finally play. I've enjoyed real hockey, normal hockey for a few days. Now it's time to enjoy Blues hockey, damn it. I'm nearly as excited for this season to start as I was for the 2019-2020 Cup defending season. I am so glad our first Cup wasn't in the bubble or in an abbreviated, divisionally mutated season. Sure they technically counted, but I strongly object to that technicality.

Having said all that, I could have gotten to the point and just said:

LET'S GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!