Blues games on ESPN Plus

I live in NC and have always purchased nhl.tv to watch the game here. I hear Bally Sports MW is airing all the games that are not nationally aired. I am curious if I will be able to stream the out of market games if I subscribe to ESPN Plus. I haven't been able to find a straight answer and figured some of you are out of market as well. I know there are other ways to stream but I don't mind ponying up 10 bucks a month and I'm not very tech savvy.

Thanks in advance!!

LET'S GO BLUES!!!

Re: Blues games on ESPN Plus

Rivermanfan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:59 pm I live in NC and have always purchased nhl.tv to watch the game here. I hear Bally Sports MW is airing all the games that are not nationally aired. I am curious if I will be able to stream the out of market games if I subscribe to ESPN Plus. I haven't been able to find a straight answer and figured some of you are out of market as well. I know there are other ways to stream but I don't mind ponying up 10 bucks a month and I'm not very tech savvy.

Thanks in advance!!

LET'S GO BLUES!!!
My understanding is that ESPN+ is the new NHL.tv. I signed up a few weeks ago. I haven't played around with it too much, but I have seen a few random football/baseball games on it with relative ease. I think navigating it might take some getting used to, but it may end up being easier than NHL.tv. Here's hoping anyway.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:55 am if they get rid of in-market blackout, i'd buy. as of now, still no deal with bally and streaming providers, so another season i won't get to watch games.
I know we've talked about that before, but that is the biggest load of horseshit across all the non-NFL leagues. I think I read that MLB is going to try to figure something else on that front in the offseason, but I believe the local blackouts will still be there for the NHL this season. It's outrageous.

T.C. wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:55 am if they get rid of in-market blackout, i'd buy. as of now, still no deal with bally and streaming providers, so another season i won't get to watch games.
Pretty much in agreement. There was a time when the idea of being blacked out from Blues and Cardinal games, was crushing. Well, it's not the end of the world. I'm sick of the bullshit. I refuse to subsidize the sports kidnapping anymore.

I think that between ESPN+, nationally-broadcasted games on ESPN and TNT, and local broadcasts on Bally/FS, we should be able to see ALL Blues games on streams or TV. At least I will while I'm still in L.A. Once I return to The Netherlands in Spring, I'll only get the stray Blues games on NASN plus any whose stream link I can have sent to me.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:32 am I think that between ESPN+, nationally-broadcasted games on ESPN and TNT, and local broadcasts on Bally/FS, we should be able to see ALL Blues games on streams or TV. At least I will while I'm still in L.A. Once I return to The Netherlands in Spring, I'll only get the stray Blues games on NASN plus any whose stream link I can have sent to me.
Robb continues to be the most interesting man on BNF.

T.C. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:12 ami can't find any articles writing about how, for the second year in a row, the majority of hockey fans will be unable to watch their team's games. how the fuck is this not a huge story? why is no one talking about this?
Well, it can't be that you're the ONLY whiny Blues fan. But maybe The Asylum is busy debating the merits of a Taresenko trade for some kid who spent one winter playing in St. Louis.

I guess I'm lucky. I have Spectrum mainly for Blues games. I guess somewhat for Cards games, too. And, during the lock down, I got the Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ package. I was actually about to cancel it when it was announced that NHL games were going to ESPN. I was only really using the Hulu, but most of what's there can be found other streaming services that my wonderful sister has agreed to allow me to have access to, but that NHL deal with ESPN changed all that.

I had even gone as far as looking to cut the cord at one point, but to get all the channels I wanted, if I cut the cord, my internet from Spectrum would have jumped up about $30 a month, then to get everything I wanted via streaming (at the time I was considering it) would have required me to get YouTube TV, Sling Orange+Blue, HBO Max, Showtime's streaming service and a few others. By the time I would have had all the channels I was used to having with Spectrum, I wasn't saving anything. And I really didn't like the limited DVR options available with the streaming services. So, I stayed with cable. I occasionally would look, but with Bally's not being anywhere but on Spectrum, I'm just not going to change. I do occasionally still check, but with everything I want and have become accustomed to , it's not worth the headache and really doesn't save me money. I know a lot of people don't watch as much TV as I do, but I just consider it to be what I spend my entertainment dollars on.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Rivermanfan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:21 pm Any idea if you can watch them later or on tape delay?

I'm on the east coast and those 10 pm start times make for a rough next morning.

I'm assuming most of you remember "tape" LOL
As far as I understand, with The ESPN+ App, they stay up all season long, and you can watch any game, live or any time later, any time, any day. I hope that is correct. I've already watched a couple pre-season games about 3-5 days after they were aired live. So, they're up at least 5 days. But, as far as I remember, the ESPN+ customer service agent, with whom I spoke, told me they stay up all season.