Re: Blues Training Camp 2021

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:03 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:55 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:42 am

I think so too but I think it's going to take an injury at this point

Parayko, Bortuzzo, Faulk, Krug, Scandello, Mikkola are probably locked in as top 6. Once he gets his shot tho, I think he's staying.
I don't think the Blues would have a problem making Bortuzzo the 7th D. Perunovich's bigger problem making the roster is that Walman is no longer waiver exempt. The Blues are going to have to like Perunovich so much that they're ok losing Walman. I wouldn't say it's a slam dunk that another team claims him if they wait until the last day when 70% of the league is trying to sneak a guy like that through waivers, but it could happen.
But does it make sense to keep Perunovich around to be the 7th d-man? I feel like he has to be in the top 6 to stick.
No, I'm saying Bortuzzo would be the 7th D. Based on reports, Perunovich is easily one of the top 6 D, and can play either side. If he doesn't make it I'm assuming it's because they don't want to put Walman through waivers.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:20 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:55 am

I don't think the Blues would have a problem making Bortuzzo the 7th D. Perunovich's bigger problem making the roster is that Walman is no longer waiver exempt. The Blues are going to have to like Perunovich so much that they're ok losing Walman. I wouldn't say it's a slam dunk that another team claims him if they wait until the last day when 70% of the league is trying to sneak a guy like that through waivers, but it could happen.
But does it make sense to keep Perunovich around to be the 7th d-man? I feel like he has to be in the top 6 to stick.
No, I'm saying Bortuzzo would be the 7th D. Based on reports, Perunovich is easily one of the top 6 D, and can play either side. If he doesn't make it I'm assuming it's because they don't want to put Walman through waivers.
Ah fair point. My guess with the lack of toughness on D and Berube talking about being better there, Borts will be in the lineup, at least to start things off.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:20 am

Ah fair point. My guess with the lack of toughness on D and Berube talking about being better there, Borts will be in the lineup, at least to start things off.
I love Bortuzzo. He's a solid PK guy too, and a crappy PK absolutely sunk last year's team. I think the Blues are hoping that Niko can fill that role on the bottom pair and PK, while allowing Perunovich to move the puck. Niko's development is a huge X-factor going into the year in my eyes. Scandella also has to be better, but perhaps some of his issues last season were due to not having a healthy Parayko to play off of. We shall see.

One other thing I'll be interested to see..who ends up as the last of the top 9 forwards. Assuming no trades/injuries, right now you've got 8 locks:
ROR, Perron, Tarasenko, Saad, Schenn, Buchnevich, Thomas, Kyrou. Then you have a 9th spot that presumably will go to Bozak or Barbashev. To me it makes sense to keep the status quo with Barbashev anchoring the 4th line while Bozak takes defensive responsibility on the third with Thomas, but maybe the top 6 shake out a little differently. Something to keep an eye on towards the end of camp.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:01 pm One other thing I'll be interested to see..who ends up as the last of the top 9 forwards. Assuming no trades/injuries, right now you've got 8 locks:
ROR, Perron, Tarasenko, Saad, Schenn, Buchnevich, Thomas, Kyrou. Then you have a 9th spot that presumably will go to Bozak or Barbashev. To me it makes sense to keep the status quo with Barbashev anchoring the 4th line while Bozak takes defensive responsibility on the third with Thomas, but maybe the top 6 shake out a little differently. Something to keep an eye on towards the end of camp.
Hoping it's Kostin that gets a top 9 role. Could very easily see it being Neal though. If they keep Neal on the roster(or Frolik) I don't see them playing a 4th line role.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:48 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:01 pm One other thing I'll be interested to see..who ends up as the last of the top 9 forwards. Assuming no trades/injuries, right now you've got 8 locks:
Hoping it's Kostin that gets a top 9 role. Could very easily see it being Neal though. If they keep Neal on the roster(or Frolik) I don't see them playing a 4th line role.
Kostin needs to earn top a top 9 role... he hasn't really accomplished much at this point.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:48 pm
Yeah that'd be nice, but with a healthy Sundqvist, they have 13 NHL forwards already on the roster (if you include MacMac). Barring a trade, I only see one of those 3 (Kostin/Neal/Frolik) making the team. Even then that role might go away when Sunny comes back. There's always injuries. Personally I'm not reading much into Neal's hattrick against half of an NHL roster 2 days after they started camp.

Neal in a 4th line role doesn't make much sense, but Frolik would surely take any role he could get. I'll believe it when I see it with Kostin. Hopefully this is the year, but I'm not sure he earns a role out of camp.

How about that Scott Perunovich? Kid is a player!
Neighbours is going to be in Colorado on opening night..he might be in the press box but I’m convinced he’s going to be there.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 am So little you can tell from these limited preseason highlights given the mixed quality of the roster and the variable effort level from the big guys. However, Perunovich is clearly an asset already in the O-Zone.
Agreed, it can be tough to tell BUT them playing well against whatever competition sure as hell beats the alternative. So I am encouraged by the young guys

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:14 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:32 pmMixed quality of the roster and the variable effort level...................Dave brings culture to our big boy sports talk here at the BNF.
I don't see any 50-cent words in his analysis. I think he needs to up his game.
Maybe he's using the same post in other forums, and has to use words that they can understand.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:19 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:32 pmMixed quality of the roster and the variable effort level...................Dave brings culture to our big boy sports talk here at the BNF.
Maybe he's using the same post in other forums, and has to use words that they can understand.
TC pays me big bucks to post exclusively on BNF, but I'll say it with the vocabulary of other boards here:

So little you can tell from these limited preseason highlights given the mixed quality of the roster and the variable effort level from the big guys. However, Perunovich is clearly an asset already in the O-Zone.

or

Can't tell shit since half the team blows and the other half plays like pussies before the real games start, but Scotty P kicks all ass when he's got the puck. Might suck balls defensively though.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:32 pm
TC pays me big bucks to post exclusively on BNF, but I'll say it with the vocabulary of other boards here:

So little you can tell from these limited preseason highlights given the mixed quality of the roster and the variable effort level from the big guys. However, Perunovich is clearly an asset already in the O-Zone.

or

Can't tell shit since half the team blows and the other half plays like pussies before the real games start, but Scotty P kicks all ass when he's got the puck. Might suck balls defensively though.
You've been reading my Bible, haven't you?
tb1.jpg tb1.jpg Viewed 7932 times 20.91 KiB

or

TC should demand a refund

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:44 pm

or

I'll never repay a dime.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:37 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:44 pm

or

I'll never repay a dime.
That's what she said... right Capt'n?