Re: Blues Training Camp 2021

BillP. wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:53 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:23 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:59 pm Didn’t see the game but I just saw the lineup and we had some decent guys in there. So Kostin really is toast. Wow. Give me Reaves back - ha
You gonna give Sundqvist back too?
I thought Reaves was for a first which was Kostin. Who else could we have drafted?
Deal was Reaves and a second for Sundqvist and a first. People just remember "REAVES GOT TRADED FOR A FIRST ROUND PICK" which is not particularly accurate.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:13 am
There's still another group, but that's a big "eyes emoji" for me. They're holding the 4th liners to the second group, but beyond that it's Neighbours and the NHL locks. Perunovich getting a slot in what would be his NHL roster slot as well. I still think Neighbours gets sent back to juniors, but maybe they keep him for the 9 game tryout.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:18 am
There's still another group, but that's a big "eyes emoji" for me. They're holding the 4th liners to the second group, but beyond that it's Neighbours and the NHL locks. Perunovich getting a slot in what would be his NHL roster slot as well. I still think Neighbours gets sent back to juniors, but maybe they keep him for the 9 game tryout.
That looks like our top nine with the fourth line being a total red herring.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:39 am
Yeah I don't think any of the guys on that 4th line make the team. Barbashev, Bozak Mac Mac, Clifford and Sundqvist when healthy are all ahead of those guys. I wonder if tomorrow you see Neal swapped into the spot Neighbours is holding.

Also...That Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko line would be insanely fun to watch if they stick.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:46 am

Yeah I don't think any of the guys on that 4th line make the team. Barbashev, Bozak Mac Mac, Clifford and Sundqvist when healthy are all ahead of those guys. I wonder if tomorrow you see Neal swapped into the spot Neighbours is holding.

Also...That Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko line would be insanely fun to watch if they stick.
Mac Mac is toast. He’s gonna be on waivers next week. Blues won’t care about the 9 game trial with Neighbours...they wont care about burning the first year of his ELC. The 39/40 game rule might come into play though. He also might get loaned out to the WJC team. Another year in juniors doesn’t do anything for Neighbours...let him learn how to be a pro and practice here and let him play.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:16 pm

Mac Mac is toast. He’s gonna be on waivers next week. Blues won’t care about the 9 game trial with Neighbours...they wont care about burning the first year of his ELC. The 39/40 game rule might come into play though. He also might get loaned out to the WJC team. Another year in juniors doesn’t do anything for Neighbours...let him learn how to be a pro and practice here and let him play.
I'm not a huge Mac guy, but he's "valuable" in that you can keep him in the press box 40+ nights a year and not worry about it really impacting his game. I just meant that he's more likely to make the NHL club in that regard as opposed to Joshua/Kostin/Brown. If he gets claimed on waivers you don't lose any sleep. I'd love for Neighbours to stick around because it would mean he's earned it and deserves to be here. Armstrong hasn't really ever kept a kid up earlier than he should have been that I can recall. In fact, I remember how frustrated fans were when Petro got sent back down for a second time despite the roster not being that great back in the day. I trust he'll keep the best roster and figure out the rest.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:16 pm

I'm a big fan of this philosophy. Sometimes practicing against pros and being with the team day in and day out is better for the development than playing against inferior competition nightly.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:47 am

Who stays, who goes?
I'm wondering if they keep 8 D to start so they don't have to put Walman on waivers. If they do that they can only keep 1 extra forward, which would be interesting. Joshua is the most versatile of the 5th line guys. This assumes they keep Neal and Neighbours. Haven't seen any of the preseason games, so hard to say anything else.