Conspiracy Theories

No not the Dustin Penner on Twitter kind, just in regards to our seemingly unfinished off-season. Could probably go in the speculation thread but didn't want it to get buried.

That said: does anyone think Thomas remaining unsigned and Vlad could be related more than assumed? Obviously part of the cap space Vlad occupies would be used on a new RT deal, but does anyone think they may be packaged together out of town? Tkachuk anyone?

Just spitballin'. Add your own bs trade musings below.

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:36 pm No not the Dustin Penner on Twitter kind, just in regards to our seemingly unfinished off-season. Could probably go in the speculation thread but didn't want it to get buried.

That said: does anyone think Thomas remaining unsigned and Vlad could be related more than assumed? Obviously part of the cap space Vlad occupies would be used on a new RT deal, but does anyone think they may be packaged together out of town? Tkachuk anyone?

Just spitballin'. Add your own bs trade musings below.
It's definitely crossed my mind but i think it's more that something just has to give here eventually. I would hope they don't trade Thomas. I don't see Vladi accepting a trade to Calgary though. I think if there was a deal for Tkachuk...I could definitely see Thomas going the other way.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I think all of these unsigned players are related to Tarasenko in some fashion:
Parise
Palmieri
Bozak
Thomas
Beauvillier
Sorokin
He might not end up on the Islanders (the Canes have been rumored as well), but there's obviously interest. Armstrong and Lou are playing a game of bald GM cap space chicken. Once any of those players start to sign, it will probably mean a Tarasnko trade is either imminent, totally dead, or already happened.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:44 pm I think all of these unsigned players are related to Tarasenko in some fashion:
Parise
Palmieri
Bozak
Thomas
Beauvillier
Sorokin
He might not end up on the Islanders (the Canes have been rumored as well), but there's obviously interest. Armstrong and Lou are playing a game of bald GM cap space chicken. Once any of those players start to sign, it will probably mean a Tarasnko trade is either imminent, totally dead, or already happened.
It's all related for sure. Can't wait for it to just be resolved and see that "bitch ass" moody Russian moved.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Lou and Army are probably the two best trading GMs in the game. If something is brewing between the two it certainly explains a few things regarding signings. They're both patient guys. Bu personally I think Tarasenko is here until next summer after he re-establishes himself as a 30 goal guy for us this season then we trade him for a good package next summer.

I give Army a ton of credit. He's going to get value back here for a suspect Russian who could be good or could be bad. Army will pull it off.
I don't think Thomas is part of any Islander deal but you got to wonder what is holding this up. I'm thinking Army is holding out for more. Just hope he doesn't lose the deal.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:41 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:49 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 am The Blues traded Tarasenko to the Islanders for Pepe Silvia!!!
He'll never report because he didn't get his trade notice in the mail.
Mac, will you settle down and have another cup of coffee?!?
This team is being bled like a stuck pig, Cap, and I've got the paper trail to prove it!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:39 pm Vova won’t be traded until George Soros gives the okay.
Armstrong and Stillman smell like sulfur.
They're satanic psychic vampires folks.
But you can protect yourselves today by buying alpha brain supplements and colloidal silver toothpaste for a low low price. 69.99 today only!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:39 pm Vova won’t be traded until George Soros gives the okay.
Armstrong and Stillman smell like sulfur.
They're satanic psychic vampires folks.
But you can protect yourselves today by buying alpha brain supplements and colloidal silver toothpaste for a low low price. 69.99 today only!

Here's a conspiracy theory. Forget the Islanders. If the Habs match the Kotkaniemi offer sheet (which they shouldn't in my opinion), the Habs are going to make a trade with the Blues for Tarasenko and Thomas. They obviously think they need another center, and are willing to roll the dice on Tarasenko's shoulder. Those two being part of a package would warrant a pretty nice return...maybe Necas a year before they have to re-sign him? I wouldn't think one of their stud D would be on the table, but they did just restock with Bear and DeAngelo this summer after letting Hamilton walk.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:51 am Here's a conspiracy theory. Forget the Islanders. If the Habs match the Kotkaniemi offer sheet (which they shouldn't in my opinion), the Habs are going to make a trade with the Blues for Tarasenko and Thomas. They obviously think they need another center, and are willing to roll the dice on Tarasenko's shoulder. Those two being part of a package would warrant a pretty nice return...maybe Necas a year before they have to re-sign him? I wouldn't think one of their stud D would be on the table, but they did just restock with Bear and DeAngelo this summer after letting Hamilton walk.
I don't know how the Canes could make it work since they're already over the cap..... not only would they have to fit Vova's 7.5M into their budget, Thomas is going to get a few million too. Then they have to deal with Vova's new agent who's obviously angling for a high dollar extension for him before his wheels fall off. ... I'm guessing it will be a trade with Anaheim, or they will just keep him while the window is still halfway open.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:52 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:51 am Here's a conspiracy theory. Forget the Islanders. If the Habs match the Kotkaniemi offer sheet (which they shouldn't in my opinion), the Habs are going to make a trade with the Blues for Tarasenko and Thomas. They obviously think they need another center, and are willing to roll the dice on Tarasenko's shoulder. Those two being part of a package would warrant a pretty nice return...maybe Necas a year before they have to re-sign him? I wouldn't think one of their stud D would be on the table, but they did just restock with Bear and DeAngelo this summer after letting Hamilton walk.
I don't know how the Canes could make it work since they're already over the cap..... not only would they have to fit Vova's 7.5M into their budget, Thomas is going to get a few million too. Then they have to deal with Vova's new agent who's obviously angling for a high dollar extension for him before his wheels fall off. ... I'm guessing it will be a trade with Anaheim, or they will just keep him while the window is still halfway open.
They're only over the cap because they have Kotkaniemi's $6.1M on the books at the moment. This whole deal is predicated on Montreal matching the contract and keeping him (which again, they shouldn't in my opinion). Remove that cap hit and they have more than enough wiggle room to make a deal with the Blues assuming some salary is coming back this way. I don't know why Anaheim would want anything to do with Tarasenko. I guess if Thomas was attached that would make sense for them, but I don't know.

So the Islanders have used up around $13M of their $11M in cap space...seems as though the Islanders aren't Tarasenko's destination unless there's a lot of salary retained and/or coming back. If the Islanders are out, that leaves the Canes and Rangers left on the oft rumored Tarasenko trade spots. He wouldn't go to Carolina unless the Habs match the offer sheet...I think. I don't know that there's a Rangers trade that makes sense for the Blues unless they wind up with Kreider and his problematic contract. Maybe the Rangers eat some of that deal?

T.C. wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:34 am yeah i'm sure there's no chip on his shoulder whatsoever. should be a nice, calm locker room environment.
I don't think he has any specific issues with teammates and wouldn't expect him to be a distraction. Of course, he may not trust the medical staff.
Just a Russian propaganda account