OT Favorite current Jerseys

As the offseason starts to quiet down I'm curious as to what jerseys currently in use around the league does everyone like or dislike the most.

My current top 5:

Blues thirds light blue
Montreal road whites
Carolina Whaler throwbacks
Detroit home reds
Penguins road whites

Re: OT Favorite current Jerseys

ratonmono wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:31 am As the offseason starts to quiet down I'm curious as to what jerseys currently in use around the league does everyone like or dislike the most.

My current top 5:

Blues thirds light blue
Montreal road whites
Detroit home reds
Penguins road whites
Blues 3rds are amazing but I never go homer on these types of questions.
Rangers home
Sabres Home and Away
Islanders home
Red Wings home
Canadiens home
Flyers home
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:55 pm
ratonmono wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:31 am As the offseason starts to quiet down I'm curious as to what jerseys currently in use around the league does everyone like or dislike the most.

My current top 5:

Blues thirds light blue
Montreal road whites
Detroit home reds
Penguins road whites
Rangers home
Sabres Home and Away
Islanders home
Red Wings home
Canadiens home
Flyers home
I do like the Flyers jerseys a lot, but I preferred the Lindros era duller orange personally.

I would love to see the Leafs go back to their 80’s jerseys. I prefer that logo and the blue or white on the shoulders. I’m surprised they haven’t rolled that out as a throwback yet...those were great. Their 3rd this past season was a lame attempt

"Suck a dick Johansen"

ratonmono wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:12 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:55 pm

My current top 5:

Blues thirds light blue
Montreal road whites
Detroit home reds
Penguins road whites
Rangers home
Sabres Home and Away
Islanders home
Red Wings home
Canadiens home
Flyers home
I do like the Flyers jerseys a lot, but I preferred the Lindros era duller orange personally.
Yep, I prefer the Broadstreet Bully jerseys when they were darker and on reddish side. Too orange now, don't like.

jfbop37 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:31 pm My favorite jerseys:
Blues current 3rd
Blues 68 White
Calgary Blasty
Original Devils Red/Green Jersey
Thrashers original road jersey
Those original Devils jerseys were very underrated. I wish they would have kept that red and green color scheme.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Calgary just looks unbelievable now that they went back in time. Their home/away set might be my fav in the league right now. After that, I'm a sucker for all the classics that have already been mentioned.
I really wish the Blues would transition away from navy at some point. It dulls them down too much. I'm pumped to see the white winter classic jersey they will unveil next year. I'm sure it will just be a white version of the current thirds. But, maybe we can get lucky enough that they make that and the current thirds the new primary unis.
KA-KAW!

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:36 am MattyIce and I were talking at work the other day and he brought up the subject about the best year for NHL jerseys, and we both agreed, the 89-90 year is flat out the best of any NHL time frame. There isn’t a bad jersey in the NHL at that time. They were all good.
That's a pretty good year. Crucially you get the Canucks Black/Yellow skate jerseys, Whalers still wearing green, and Devils still in the Christmas colors. I was going to make a case for 91-92 because you get the Sharks original teals, but that was also the year the North Stars changed from their awesome jerseys into the black "Stars" in a major step down.

http://nhluniforms.com/1991-92/1991-92.html

That website is awesome by the way.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:22 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:36 am MattyIce and I were talking at work the other day and he brought up the subject about the best year for NHL jerseys, and we both agreed, the 89-90 year is flat out the best of any NHL time frame. There isn’t a bad jersey in the NHL at that time. They were all good.
That's a pretty good year. Crucially you get the Canucks Black/Yellow skate jerseys, Whalers still wearing green, and Devils still in the Christmas colors. I was going to make a case for 91-92 because you get the Sharks original teals, but that was also the year the North Stars changed from their awesome jerseys into the black "Stars" in a major step down.

I love that site. 89-90 is my favorite season, but my only gripe is the North Stars added black to their jerseys.

http://nhluniforms.com/1989-90/1989-90.html
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:17 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:22 am

I love that site. 89-90 is my favorite season, but my only gripe is the North Stars added black to their jerseys.

http://nhluniforms.com/1989-90/1989-90.html
Damn Matt, you got an eye for that stuff. Never noticed that. Still, the North Star jersey looked good. Their home whites were extra good.

MattyIce wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:17 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:36 am... http://nhluniforms.com/1991-92/1991-92.html

I love that site. ... http://nhluniforms.com/1989-90/1989-90.html
The simple act of including the 1934-35 St. Louis Eagles (my dearly departed Dad's one & only hockey team, with his favorite player Fido Purpur) is enough to get MY endorsement for a Must-Bookmark site. :dancingbanana:
Last edited by JMC-STL on Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:23 am It's barely even debatable, it's the Kachina Coyote jersey.

A distant second is probably the Rangers Liberty jersey.

Then the all black Flames jersey with the horse with red snot flying out it's nose
You're leaving out the Sabres' "Buffaslug" and Islanders "Fisherman" jerseys?
I must have blinked because I missed a couple of these:

The 10 Worst NHL Jerseys of All Time