Re: Blues acquire Buchnevich

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:14 pm Chris Drury was in over his head when he answered Army’s phone call
He’s putting his stamp on the team for sure. The Tom Wilson thing scarred the organization. They are going to play a much harder game starting next year.
Great trade for the Blues but I would imagine that the Rangers have another move or two coming.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Buchnevich is an RFA who's due a significant raise, so saving the cap space probably played into the Rangers' calculations, too. I suspect they're after Eichel, and need to clear out space for his $10mil AAV cap hit. Either that or something crazy to try to go after Landeskog.

Still, a great move for a Blues kind of player.

RAFritchey wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:24 pm Buchnevich is an RFA who's due a significant raise, so saving the cap space probably played into the Rangers' calculations, too. I suspect they're after Eichel, and need to clear out space for his $10mil AAV cap hit. Either that or something crazy to try to go after Landeskog.

Does Buchnevich make Tarasenko a little more comfortable if he stays?

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:21 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:14 pm Chris Drury was in over his head when he answered Army’s phone call
He’s putting his stamp on the team for sure. The Tom Wilson thing scarred the organization. They are going to play a much harder game starting next year.
Great trade for the Blues but I would imagine that the Rangers have another move or two coming.
Yeah, apparently the Rangers are hinting that one or two more deals are coming. The suggestion was that at least one was major………but not sure what the original source is.

Matangama wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:10 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:21 pm
Yeah, apparently the Rangers are hinting that one or two more deals are coming. The suggestion was that at least one was major………but not sure what the original source is.
Unless the Rangers end up landing Eichel, the Drury Era is off to a rough start.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

This feels kinda like the Bozak signing a couple years ago.

Blues have eyes on a big fish. ( O'Reilly then. Landeskog now?)
Don't wanna get caught empty handed, so they pounce on an unexpected player. (Bozak then. Buch now).

Step 3 is the best part. Circling back to get your main target.

usmcaaron wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:25 pm This feels kinda like the Bozak signing a couple years ago.

Don't wanna get caught empty handed, so they pounce on an unexpected player. (Bozak then. Buch now).

Feels like a Tarasenko replacement to me.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:27 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:24 pm Buchnevich is an RFA who's due a significant raise, so saving the cap space probably played into the Rangers' calculations, too. I suspect they're after Eichel, and need to clear out space for his $10mil AAV cap hit. Either that or something crazy to try to go after Landeskog.

Does Buchnevich make Tarasenko a little more comfortable if he stays?
I can't imagine Tarasenko staying. At least I hope not.

ratonmono wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:19 pmChecking in on vacation from the Ozarks. Great trade boys! I’ll check in again Sunday. Got them tequila shots lined up right now.
Be sure to bring back some extra Delta doses with you. BNF will need a viral vector to match the breathless anticipation of Army's weekend trades.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:36 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:25 pm This feels kinda like the Bozak signing a couple years ago.

Feels like a Tarasenko replacement to me.
I agree. Buch is a RW , like Tarasenko.

But LW is the necessity, i.e. Landeskog & Tkachuk . Currently, Sanford is our top LW. :shock: