Re: 2021 Expansion Draft

Beatoni12 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:23 pm I'm not worried about him being pissed that he wasn't selected captain, but I am worried that he'd be dumb enough not to see that ROR was the obvious choice and a 100 times more qualified for the job than he was.

Great player for the Blues for a number of years but he's a shell of what he used to be.
^^ this.

ROR was seen as a bad teammate and pretty much quit on his team in Buffalo. Hell, he admitted as much. How exactly is he 100 times more qualified to be a captain? I’m not saying he’s a bad one but literally every gripe people have about Tarasenko here, Buffalo had about ROR.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:20 pm ROR was seen as a bad teammate and pretty much quit on his team in Buffalo. Hell, he admitted as much. How exactly is he 100 times more qualified to be a captain? I’m not saying he’s a bad one but literally every gripe people have about Tarasenko here, Buffalo had about ROR.
I don’t know if Tarasenko was a bad team mate but their situations were not similar at all. O’Reilly admitted to losing his love of the game playing for an abject failure bottom feeder of a team. Tarasenko allegedly complained about not being named captain of the defending cup champs in favor of a Smythe and Selke winning #1C.

I see O’Reilly as a candid personality. He dogged himself after this years playoffs rightfully so. Tarasenko may have legit gripes with the medical staff but if he was really that upset over not being named captain, well he’s just woefully out of touch.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:20 pm ROR was seen as a bad teammate and pretty much quit on his team in Buffalo. Hell, he admitted as much. How exactly is he 100 times more qualified to be a captain? I’m not saying he’s a bad one but literally every gripe people have about Tarasenko here, Buffalo had about ROR.
I've never read one report of him being a bad teammate. As was said above, he said he kinda lost his love of the game playing for a Buffalo team that consistently never had a chance. He never said he quit on his team.

I don’t care for Vladi any longer. He’s the enemy now and can go get focked. I want him to play for the Blackhawks just to crush the souls of the St. Louis faithful that love him.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:30 am I don’t care for Vladi any longer. He’s the enemy now and can go get focked. I want him to play for the Blackhawks just to crush the souls of the St. Louis faithful that love him.
:lol:

I'll always love Vlad, but I get the sentiment either way. As to the whole captain rumor shit, wasn't that his agent saying that? I'm not sure Vlad was directly quoted as to having been upset. I'm sure like any competitive player who'd been with a team for his entire career had hoped he'd be chosen, but I doubt if he was mad it was ROR.

Hell, I got pissed when DPW was selected as "Favorite Poster" here on BNF instead of me. That guy is a dick and is only liked because his post count is bigger...
"Do Only Good Everyday"

ratonmono wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:58 am
I don’t know if Tarasenko was a bad team mate but their situations were not similar at all. O’Reilly admitted to losing his love of the game playing for an abject failure bottom feeder of a team. Tarasenko allegedly complained about not being named captain of the defending cup champs in favor of a Smythe and Selke winning #1C.

I see O’Reilly as a candid personality. He dogged himself after this years playoffs rightfully so. Tarasenko may have legit gripes with the medical staff but if he was really that upset over not being named captain, well he’s just woefully out of touch.
So it's okay to give a lack of effort if you're on a struggling team? Doesn't really answer how he's 100 more qualified to be captain than Tarasenko. Tarasenko never quit on his team at least. Hell, when the Blues were dying under the final Hitchcock season, Tarasenko was still busting his ass putting up the most points he'd put up.

It's also "candid" for ROR to speak his mind but when Tarasenko does it, it's not allowed?

Again, I'm not saying ROR is a bad captain, although in his first season as captain this team at many times lacked motivation and direction, but theres nothing to say he's 100 times more qualified than Tarasenko.

Hell, I got pissed when DPW was selected as "Favorite Poster" here on BNF instead of me. That guy is a dick and is only liked because his post count is bigger...

You gotta admit pirates are pretty fucking cool. As a Tampa area resident I would have thought you’d understand this B-Rad.
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:39 am
I've never read one report of him being a bad teammate. As was said above, he said he kinda lost his love of the game playing for a Buffalo team that consistently never had a chance. He never said he quit on his team.
He complained about not being given a bigger role in Colorado as well as the friction between him and Duchene. Sabre fans believed there were locker room issues with him and Eichel. Whether they are true or not, we'll never know, just like the "Tarasenko is a bad teammate" gripes. That's the point, all the things said about Tarasenko have been said about ROR. But yet ROR is seen as again, 100 times more captain material. It's kind of nonsense.

Tarasenko plays a different style of game, we've known that since he came in the league, I don't think you can ever question his competitiveness or drive though.
Last edited by Dread_Pirate_Westley on Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drubilly wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:32 am

You gotta admit pirates are pretty fucking cool. As a Tampa area resident I would have thought you’d understand this B-Rad.
True, there are some very cool pirates out here...

(FTR, I am only kidding of course about DPW, he's obviously cool people and deserves the title, if there ever was one ;) :lol: ).
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:08 am
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:30 am I don’t care for Vladi any longer. He’s the enemy now and can go get focked. I want him to play for the Blackhawks just to crush the souls of the St. Louis faithful that love him.
hatemegif.gif :lol:

I'll always love Vlad, but I get the sentiment either way. As to the whole captain rumor shit, wasn't that his agent saying that? I'm not sure Vlad was directly quoted as to having been upset. I'm sure like any competitive player who'd been with a team for his entire career had hoped he'd be chosen, but I doubt if he was mad it was ROR.

Can't really argue with anything said here.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:06 am
He'll go to Philly, and become best buddies with Your Boy ...and crush your soul. :)
Well played Turk..well played ! :lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I didn't think he did. I don't think he even intended to get put on the block, it just got overblown because he said he was tired of losing. Can't blame him for that.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:26 am
ratonmono wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:58 am

So it's okay to give a lack of effort if you're on a struggling team? Doesn't really answer how he's 100 more qualified to be captain than Tarasenko. Tarasenko never quit on his team at least. Hell, when the Blues were dying under the final Hitchcock season, Tarasenko was still busting his ass putting up the most points he'd put up.

It's also "candid" for ROR to speak his mind but when Tarasenko does it, it's not allowed?

Again, I'm not saying ROR is a bad captain, although in his first season as captain this team at many times lacked motivation and direction, but theres nothing to say he's 100 times more qualified than Tarasenko.
I never saw O'Reilly enough to see if his effort was bad in Buffalo. He said he lost his love for the game not that he wasn't trying. I usually don't try to use my eyes as judge of effort on ice. It has to be blatantly obvious, so I won't make a call on either guy.

Also I never had an issue with Tarasenko saying he was disappointed he wasn't picked as captain. Nothing wrong with voicing disappointment. But if he in his head actually believed he should be captain ahead of O'Reilly? That's just a lack of self awareness on Tarasenko's part.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:36 am
He complained about not being given a bigger role in Colorado as well as the friction between him and Duchene. Sabre fans believed there were locker room issues with him and Eichel. Whether they are true or not, we'll never know, just like the "Tarasenko is a bad teammate" gripes. That's the point, all the things said about Tarasenko have been said about ROR. But yet ROR is seen as again, 100 times more captain material. It's kind of nonsense.

Tarasenko plays a different style of game, we've known that since he came in the league, I don't think you can ever question his competitiveness or drive though.
Jmo. But he has been a healthy scratch by both Chief and Hitch for lack of effort.

barnburner wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Jmo. But he has been a healthy scratch by both Chief and Hitch for lack of effort.
He hasn’t taken a single healthy shift under Berube.

I think its pretty easy to question his competitiveness and drive. He's had many many instances of lackadaisical play away from the puck, which is the opposite of how ROR plays the game. Tarasenko was likely a top 5 player in the league for awhile, and might have peaked in the 2016 series against the Hawks, but since then he's steadily lost his ability to create offence himself and is almost wholly reliant on his linemates to create it for him.

In my eyes, he's been a different player for quite some time. Still effective because of his shot, but nowhere near what he was. I miss the Tarasenko from 2016, but I won't miss the Tarasenko we've seen the last few years.

Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:33 pm

I think its pretty easy to question his competitiveness and drive. He's had many many instances of lackadaisical play away from the puck, which is the opposite of how ROR plays the game. Tarasenko was likely a top 5 player in the league for awhile, and might have peaked in the 2016 series against the Hawks, but since then he's steadily lost his ability to create offence himself and is almost wholly reliant on his linemates to create it for him.

In my eyes, he's been a different player for quite some time. Still effective because of his shot, but nowhere near what he was. I miss the Tarasenko from 2016, but I won't miss the Tarasenko we've seen the last few years.
I think Tarasenko kicked ass up through the Cup season. That line was the best in hockey(ish) for the bulk of the previous season as well. If he never hurt the shoulder we wouldn't be having this conversation. Maybe the medical staff deserves some blame, maybe Tarasenko could've handled it differently. Whatever. He wants out, Blues want him out. I'll be happy when this is over. Don't care if he's back to his old form or not next year, but won't boo him either. I just hope we're able to make use of his cap space if we lose him to Seattle for nothing.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:22 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:18 pm

He hasn’t taken a single healthy shift under Berube.