Re: 2021 Expansion Draft

BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 pm Losing Dunn for nothing sucks. Shame we didn't trade him earlier. I don't know what happened there.
Honestly what were we going to get for him? He’s a third pairing D with 2nd pairing offense. Teams that could have added him and then had to protect him likely had better options. No incentive to acquire a guy like him and add him to your protected list.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:30 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 pm Losing Dunn for nothing sucks. Shame we didn't trade him earlier. I don't know what happened there.
Honestly what were we going to get for him? He’s a third pairing D with 2nd pairing offense. Teams that could have added him and then had to protect him likely had better options. No incentive to acquire a guy like him and add him to your protected list.
Good point.

BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:39 pm
Good point.
I like Dunn, would rather have kept him but one must make the sacrifice to the expansion gods. I'm just glad we didn't lose Barby or Sunnny. Now to figure out the Tarasenko mess, find 3-4 forwards and maybe a LD. Army gonna be a busy man.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:01 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:39 pm

Good point.
I like Dunn, would rather have kept him but one must make the sacrifice to the expansion gods. I'm just glad we didn't lose Barby or Sunnny. Now to figure out the Tarasenko mess, find 3-4 forwards and maybe a LD. Army gonna be a busy man.

Think we need 2 D........say we do get Suter, I think we could use a David Savard. I think that would smooth out the D. No doubt, this all can't be done thru Free Agency. Army will have to swing a big "news-worthy" trade too if the Blues are going to get a full reboot this year.

Chris Fowler just calmly eviscerated the Buffalo Sabres before they announced the Kraken's pick from them. He tagged it by saying "sorry Sabres fans, those are just the facts." This NHL on ESPN thing is off to a great start in my eyes.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:43 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:04 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:45 pm If Tarasenko's ego was bruised over the Captaincy thing...I'd hate to be in his house today.
his drywall contractor is STOKED.
What if he re-injures his shoulder punching a wall? Can we put him on LTIRetired or nah?
Maybe he can get Whitey Herzog’s job promoting the Painter’s and Taper’s Union and the Painting and Decorating Council.

They didn't make any side deals. That's absolutely crazy to me. They look good on the blue line, but I don't see a lot of skill up front, beyond Eberle. I like McCann and Tanev too, but I see a lot of low scoring games in Seattle's future.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:40 pm

They didn't make any side deals. That's absolutely crazy to me. They look good on the blue line, but I don't see a lot of skill up front, beyond Eberle. I like McCann and Tanev too, but I see a lot of low scoring games in Seattle's future.
Deals are coming. Trade freeze in effect until tomorrow
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:43 pm

That freeze didn't apply to Seattle. They were allowed to make deals with teams related to their picks. They can still make deals tomorrow of course, but still weird they didn't. Vegas made like 8.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:50 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:43 pm

That freeze didn't apply to Seattle. They were allowed to make deals with teams related to their picks. They can still make deals tomorrow of course, but still weird they didn't. Vegas made like 8.

Nevermind, haha. Dumb to wait to announce them though.