Re: 2021 Expansion Draft

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:22 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:36 am

He complained about not being given a bigger role in Colorado as well as the friction between him and Duchene. Sabre fans believed there were locker room issues with him and Eichel. Whether they are true or not, we'll never know, just like the "Tarasenko is a bad teammate" gripes. That's the point, all the things said about Tarasenko have been said about ROR. But yet ROR is seen as again, 100 times more captain material. It's kind of nonsense.

Tarasenko plays a different style of game, we've known that since he came in the league, I don't think you can ever question his competitiveness or drive though.
Jmo. But he has been a healthy scratch by both Chief and Hitch for lack of effort.
He hasn’t taken a single healthy shift under Berube.
I'd have to say that's open to question. Besides, most of those guys play with injuries of various degrees most of the time.
Last edited by barnburner on Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Didn’t take Tarasenko per multiple sources, which is disappointing but not surprising. Dunn it is I guess.

Had to be a kick in the nuts for Vlad to realize a team didn’t want him with no acquisition cost.

Really interested to see what Army can get for him now.

Lots of cap space assuming Dunn is gone, Schwartz likely gone and some portion of Tarasenkos cap likely gone.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:46 am
usmcaaron wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:33 am

There we go.....
Mixed feelings on this. We'll be interested to see what Army takes for Tarasenko. It's clear he has willing buyers, but also seems they won't be able to move on from the full cap.
I wonder if some of the teams who were hoping to deal w/ Seattle for him will be more malleable dealing w/ St. Louis now.

Picks so far for those wanting to keep track.

Forwards

Tyler Pitlick
Morgan Geekie
Joonas Donskoi
Nathan Bastian
Jordan Eberle
Carsen Twarynski
Alexander True
Jared McCann
Kole Lind
Mason Appleton

Defense