2021 Expansion Draft

The Kraken deserve their own thread.

Protected list are do out today. The Blues list should be interesting. Do they protect Dunn and leave someone else exposed so they can trade him or do they leave him exposed and risk losing him for nothing to protect someone else?

I'd hate to trade him for a middling prospect or pick at this point but something is better than nothing right if you plan to leave him exposed.

Either way, I haven't seem him talked about this much since he dropped that dude with one punch in the tunnel.

Me personally, I'd tempt Seattle to take Krug from us.

Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: 2021 Expansion Draft

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:59 am The Kraken deserve their own thread.

Protected list are do out today. The Blues list should be interesting. Do they protect Dunn and leave someone else exposed so they can trade him or do they leave him exposed and risk losing him for nothing to protect someone else?

I'd hate to trade him for a middling prospect or pick at this point but something is better than nothing right if you plan to leave him exposed.

Either way, I haven't seem him talked about this much since he dropped that dude with one punch in the tunnel.

Me personally, I'd tempt Seattle to take Krug from us.

For the record...Jeremy Rutherford is talking out of his ass and is almost always wrong about anything.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:39 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:32 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:28 am

For the record...Jeremy Rutherford is talking out of his ass and is almost always wrong about anything.
Evergreen tweet
The Cap vs. JR fued is one of my favorite confusing BNF tropes.
It’s the second greatest feud in Blues history behind other forum member and hardee’s drive thru manager

That has seemed a given for about 4 months. There are a ton of teams worried about losing their goalie. I'd be a bit surprised if old friend Jake Allen doesn't end up in Seattle, unless Montreal does a side deal with them.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:06 pm Guessing the plan is if Tarasenko goes, use the money for Landeskog. I think we’d all be okay with it?

That's a big freaking risk for something that you don't have complete control over. Sure maybe there are side deals, but there's a real possibility of an opening night lineup that has none of Tarasenko, Dunn or Landeskog. If that's the case....oooof.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:15 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:06 pm Guessing the plan is if Tarasenko goes, use the money for Landeskog. I think we’d all be okay with it?

That's a big freaking risk for something that you don't have complete control over. Sure maybe there are side deals, but there's a real possibility of an opening night lineup that has none of Tarasenko, Dunn or Landeskog. If that's the case....oooof.
In Jarmo We Trust!

If Seattle takes Tarasenko, fine. Throw that money at Landeskog, maybe try and sign Suter. Figure out what you want to do with Dunn and fill out the rest of the holes up front with a Dunn trade or UFA. I'm happy Barbashev and Sunny won't be exposed. Those two are key parts of this squad. #91 not so much at this point.

ratonmono wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:16 pm If Seattle takes Tarasenko, fine. Throw that money at Landeskog, maybe try and sign Suter. Figure out what you want to do with Dunn and fill out the rest of the holes up front with a Dunn trade or UFA. I'm happy Barbashev and Sunny won't be exposed. Those two are key parts of this squad. #91 not so much at this point.
Blues willing to just take the cap space and run. That says a lot.

BillP. wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:22 pm
ratonmono wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:16 pm If Seattle takes Tarasenko, fine. Throw that money at Landeskog, maybe try and sign Suter. Figure out what you want to do with Dunn and fill out the rest of the holes up front with a Dunn trade or UFA. I'm happy Barbashev and Sunny won't be exposed. Those two are key parts of this squad. #91 not so much at this point.
Blues willing to just take the cap space and run. That says a lot.
Tells me three things

1. They really value that 7.5 million in cap
2. There wasn’t a team willing to take on the full salary
3. They didn’t want to lose Barbs/Sunny

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:33 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:32 am

Evergreen tweet
It’s the second greatest feud in Blues history behind other forum member and hardee’s drive thru manager
JR and Mike Smith with their little click baiting scam should get both of them kicked out of Blues fandom forever. One time in the middle of one of their fake threads bashing the Blues JR joined the fracas to regulate the forum....I asked him a question about Craig fucking Janney and he had no clue who that was....two years later he releases a book focused on lifting money from Blues fans. Fuck that little Mizzou J-school bitch.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:01 pm

JR and Mike Smith with their little click baiting scam should get both of them kicked out of Blues fandom forever. One time in the middle of one of their fake threads bashing the Blues JR joined the fracas to regulate the forum....I asked him a question about Craig fucking Janney and he had no clue who that was....two years later he releases a book focused on lifting money from Blues fans. Fuck that little Mizzou J-school bitch.
I was in Florida a few years back and was talking to someone else who happened to be from St. louis, turned out to be a relative of his. Apparently he never liked hockey and always wanted to write about the Cards but got stuck with the Blues. Similar to how Jim Thomas is a football guy.

St. louis fans really have the short stick of team writers.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:06 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:01 pm

I was in Florida a few years back and was talking to someone else who happened to be from St. louis, turned out to be a relative of his. Apparently he never liked hockey and always wanted to write about the Cards but got stuck with the Blues. Similar to how Jim Thomas is a football guy.

St. louis fans really have the short stick of team writers.
That doesn't surprise me. As it stands this guy is dependant on Blues fans to make a living and he has nothing but contempt for them, if he says different, he is lying.