Re: Non-Blues Offseason Trades/Signings/Rumors

usmcaaron wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:44 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:26 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Boy, Chicago must think they're goin places this year
This particular deal doesn't send that message to me. They took on a crap contract and were paid a second rounder for it.
Just clearing some space to fit a certain Russian winger who's requested a trade.....

Any chance Vegas did that with Fleury? Think Army shocks us and Tarasenko goes to Vegas?

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:54 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:44 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:26 pm

This particular deal doesn't send that message to me. They took on a crap contract and were paid a second rounder for it.
Just clearing some space to fit a certain Russian winger who's requested a trade.....

Any chance Vegas did that with Fleury? Think Army shocks us and Tarasenko goes to Vegas?
A guy on Twitter said they method the possibility on NHL radio. I wouldn't put anything past him, but I think Vegas is trying to angle for Eichel with all that space.

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:44 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:22 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:14 pm
"Tampa is an embarrassment to the league, accepting a dead contract like this."
I don’t understand. Why would Tampa want that? What’s the angle?
They unloaded Johnson's contract to have more cap space. Seabrook goes straight to LTIR where he's been for the last couple of years and will be until his contract expires. They probably give Point a massive extension that starts after next season.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!