Re: Non-Blues Offseason Trades/Signings/Rumors

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:59 pm Interest development. I’m sure it’s a negotiation tactic, but that’s a lot of money to go home.

Seems like he's looking for a shorter deal that will let him get to UFA status at a younger age than he would if he signed long term. I think we might see a lot of that for the really top tier young point producers after Marner and Matthews set the trend. If he cares about winning at all, I get the desire to try to get out of Minnesota. They don't have the horses to really compete for a cup this year, and after that, they have 3 years worth of Cap Hell from the Parise/Suter buyouts. I still can't get over how absolutely brutal those guys must've been in the room for Guerin to think it was the right call to buy them both out. With that in mind, the first year they could theoretically be competitive again is the 25-26 season, and who knows if their very solid D corps will still be any good by then. In any event, I'd be surprised if he actually leaves, but wouldn't be totally shocked.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:45 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:59 pm Interest development. I’m sure it’s a negotiation tactic, but that’s a lot of money to go home.

Guerin is one big fuck up. If he doesn’t wrap that kid up then that’s another Wild GM that should get his ass kicked out the door. I guarantee Army would of had him inked months ago.
I'm a big Army fan, but he's no stranger to losing RFAs to the KHL. Sure he hasn't lost any superstars to the KHL, but he's lost them to regular free agency. I don't know what Guerin is doing overall, but I don't necessarily hold this negotiation against him. KK has used the KHL as leverage pretty much since the moment he was drafted. Since he doesn't have arbitration rights, this is pretty much the only leverage he has anyway.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:38 am

Guerin is one big fuck up. If he doesn’t wrap that kid up then that’s another Wild GM that should get his ass kicked out the door. I guarantee Army would of had him inked months ago.
I'm a big Army fan, but he's no stranger to losing RFAs to the KHL. Sure he hasn't lost any superstars to the KHL, but he's lost them to regular free agency. I don't know what Guerin is doing overall, but I don't necessarily hold this negotiation against him. KK has used the KHL as leverage pretty much since the moment he was drafted. Since he doesn't have arbitration rights, this is pretty much the only leverage he has anyway.
I'd call his bluff; no way I invest $10M+ on a player who will ALWAYS use the KHL against you. He's used to playing over there, so the whole different culture (and mafia games) aspect isn't going to bother him like it would NA born players who pretend they'll go off to Europe or the KHL.

BG already made a huge gamble (and mistake IMHO) buying out ZP and Suter. He gives KK that 10+, he's going to have around $25M going towards just one player next season if I hear them talking about that right on xm today. How you supposed to build a winning team like that? Unless they really think he is going to be a true 70+ point / season guy for a long time and become a leader on the team, no way do I sign him for that.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:16 pm

I'd call his bluff; no way I invest $10M+ on a player who will ALWAYS use the KHL against you. He's used to playing over there, so the whole different culture (and mafia games) aspect isn't going to bother him like it would NA born players who pretend they'll go off to Europe or the KHL.

BG already made a huge gamble (and mistake IMHO) buying out ZP and Suter. He gives KK that 10+, he's going to have around $25M going towards just one player next season if I hear them talking about that right on xm today. How you supposed to build a winning team like that? Unless they really think he is going to be a true 70+ point / season guy for a long time and become a leader on the team, no way do I sign him for that.
I didn’t know Kaprizov wants 10M. His agent is fucked too. Pasta only makes 6.75M. Kap had a terrific year but he still did that against what? 5 fuckn teams in a shortened season? Same teams, same goalies? No fuckn way he has that same kind of season in a regular NHL season IMO. With that said, I think Guerin should of attempted to ink him during season if possible at a Tank type rate. Whether he did that I don’t know. But know, I don’t blame Guerin for not giving in at 10M. That’s fucked.

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:47 pm

I didn’t know Kaprizov wants 10M. His agent is fucked too. Pasta only makes 6.75M. Kap had a terrific year but he still did that against what? 5 fuckn teams in a shortened season? Same teams, same goalies? No fuckn way he has that same kind of season in a regular NHL season IMO. With that said, I think Guerin should of attempted to ink him during season if possible at a Tank type rate. Whether he did that I don’t know. But know, I don’t blame Guerin for not giving in at 10M. That’s fucked.
I don’t think he’s asking 10 million a year. That’s just what a KHL team has offered to get him to come back.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Like Wes said, he may not be actually asking for $10M, that's just the minimum offer he has for one year from the KHL. Pastrnak's deal is one of the most outrageously team friendly deals in the league and was signed 5 years ago, so it's not really relevant. The bit about only playing the same 6 teams over 56 games is fair, but so is the counterpoint that all those teams see a lot more of him and can scheme around him a lot better by the end of the year. All I know is Kaprizov is probably the most talented player in Minnesota Wild history, possibly behind prime Gaborik. After the way this summer has gone so far, it'd be an absolute disaster if Guerin lets him get away.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:58 am

Like Wes said, he may not be actually asking for $10M, that's just the minimum offer he has for one year from the KHL. Pastrnak's deal is one of the most outrageously team friendly deals in the league and was signed 5 years ago, so it's not really relevant. The bit about only playing the same 6 teams over 56 games is fair, but so is the counterpoint that all those teams see a lot more of him and can scheme around him a lot better by the end of the year. All I know is Kaprizov is probably the most talented player in Minnesota Wild history, possibly behind prime Gaborik. After the way this summer has gone so far, it'd be an absolute disaster if Guerin lets him get away.
Yeah, all things equal it'd stay in the NHL I'm sure so any KHL team trying to entice him has to throw a fat bag at him. I think he's just looking for a multi year deal from the Wild and that offer from the KHL is great leverage. My favorite part though was watching Andy Strickland throw a fit on twitter about it. He took it so personal.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:26 am

Yeah, all things equal it'd stay in the NHL I'm sure so any KHL team trying to entice him has to throw a fat bag at him. I think he's just looking for a multi year deal from the Wild and that offer from the KHL is great leverage. My favorite part though was watching Andy Strickland throw a fit on twitter about it. He took it so personal.
Pretty sure he worships any player that was ever nice to him, particularly ex-Blues. Guerin must have saved his dog or something.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:26 am

Ten million plus, tax free for a season's work is pretty enticing.

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:33 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:58 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:51 am Speaking of old guys hanging on for another year...
Surprised by this, I heard there was no condos available in all of del boca vista
Hopefully he doesn't lose the pen he signed the contract with...
I hear it's the same one the astronauts use...

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:16 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:33 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:58 am

Surprised by this, I heard there was no condos available in all of del boca vista
Hopefully he doesn't lose the pen he signed the contract with...
I hear it's the same one the astronauts use...
He's going to be in the pool hall, the club house and all over that shuffle board court! And they won't be able to stop him!