Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

For everyone fretting about the forwards, relax. I'm sure Armstrong will add some form of depth, and remember that you can win a Stanley Cup with Zach Sanford in the top 6 if you have the right mix. I'm not saying I'm in love with the roster either, but there's more to come and while this group isn't a divisional favorite, I think it can be fine with another D and a couple of forwards.

For me the most important things we can see in October are a healthy Parayko (which has supposedly already happened), and a locked in, decisive Robert Thomas.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:43 am
ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:51 pm Something tells me we wind up with Saad, Bozak as UFA and that's an offseason.
I think Army sticks with Tarasenko this year and either trades him at the deadline or offseason next year after he shows the league he can still kinda go.

Saad OReilly Perron
Buchnevich Schenn Tarasenko
Sanford Thomas Kyrou
Barbashev Bozak Sundqvist

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Mikkola Perunovich

Binnington
Husso

There's your 21-22 opening night lineup.
This team really lacks size and physicality. It's troubling and sure isn't going to match up with Berube's style of coaching.
At forward it’s basically the same size as the cup winning squad or bigger actually with Schwartz replaced by Saad. They miss Maroon so I’m totally on board with a Armia or Ritchie signing too.

Our D is certainly smaller but that’s just what it is. McCabe might be a good option.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:53 am For everyone fretting about the forwards, relax. I'm sure Armstrong will add some form of depth, and remember that you can win a Stanley Cup with Zach Sanford in the top 6 if you have the right mix. I'm not saying I'm in love with the roster either, but there's more to come and while this group isn't a divisional favorite, I think it can be fine with another D and a couple of forwards.

For me the most important things we can see in October are a healthy Parayko (which has supposedly already happened), and a locked in, decisive Robert Thomas.
The eye test told us that that HASN'T happened yet.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 am

I know he started scoring towards the end of the year but I'd rather see the Blues go another direction. I honestly just hated everything he did out there when he wasn't firing one timers. Goals are hard to find though...
IDK man...

Once Hoffman and Krug *clicked* on the PP together... it was pretty surgical to watch - IMHO of course
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm

I know he started scoring towards the end of the year but I'd rather see the Blues go another direction. I honestly just hated everything he did out there when he wasn't firing one timers. Goals are hard to find though...
IDK man...

Once Hoffman and Krug *clicked* on the PP together... it was pretty surgical to watch - IMHO of course
Absolutely true. It's the other 56 minutes a night that I don't like his game.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:51 pm

IDK man...

Yeahhh... to be fair I couldn't quite hone in on him slacking defensively as I was too preoccupied hating the fact that sanford was still on the team. He's like Berglund 2.0
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:56 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:51 pm

IDK man...

Yeahhh... to be fair I couldn't quite hone in on him slacking defensively as I was too preoccupied hating the fact that sanford was still on the team. He's like Berglund 2.0
We need Hoff. He’s a goal scorer and he scores goals no one else on this team can. Is he a complete player? No. But there’s 4 other guys out there on the ice with him too, as long as he makes an effort that’s all you can ask. If he does come back, hopefully Berube picks up where he left off with Hoff.

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:08 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:52 am Starting to look like besides a Tarasenko deal, there might not be any big or even midsized moves for the Blues. Maybe Bozak stays, but he's going to get more term elsewhere. Lots of smoke around Saad, but not hearing much beyond that. I'd like a mid pairing D to shift Scandella down a pair.
Army deals come out of nowhere...like when he traded Stastny.
That's right. Maybe Army Noah's something we don't :) C'mon Islanders!

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:08 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:52 am Starting to look like besides a Tarasenko deal, there might not be any big or even midsized moves for the Blues. Maybe Bozak stays, but he's going to get more term elsewhere. Lots of smoke around Saad, but not hearing much beyond that. I'd like a mid pairing D to shift Scandella down a pair.
Army deals come out of nowhere...like when he traded Stastny.
Or when he traded for Buchnevich
Just a Russian propaganda account