Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

BillP. wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:37 pm Sweet. Backes retires a Blue. Him and Pujols both fucked up. That 15 minutes of fame being a free agent can fuck you up.

But I'm glad Army did this. You can tell he's a Backes fan. So classy of Army doing this.
Hindsight is 20/20 but, I think it was the millions and millions of extra dollars (9 figures in Pujols' case) that lured those guys away rather than "15 minutes of fame".
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:53 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:37 pm Sweet. Backes retires a Blue. Him and Pujols both fucked up. That 15 minutes of fame being a free agent can fuck you up.

But I'm glad Army did this. You can tell he's a Backes fan. So classy of Army doing this.
Hindsight is 20/20 but, I think it was the millions and millions of extra dollars (9 figures in Pujols' case) that lured those guys away rather than "15 minutes of fame".
Not to mention the difference in the way respective management dealt with them.

I would be surprised if either player or St Louis team regret it. The ones that fucked up were the teams that paid them.
Just a Russian propaganda account

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:52 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:09 am Backes has one day to fight Tarasenko for old time's sake.

Good for him. He's not a statue guy but I always appreciated his effort in the Blue Note.
I like how Lou Korac retweets the Blues like he did something....fucking sports media people are useless...
Yeah, but it's fitting. How would we manage without that kind of editorial content?

BluesSK wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:06 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:52 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:09 am Backes has one day to fight Tarasenko for old time's sake.

Good for him. He's not a statue guy but I always appreciated his effort in the Blue Note.
I like how Lou Korac retweets the Blues like he did something....fucking sports media people are useless...
Yeah, but it's fitting. How would we manage without that kind of editorial content?
He really put some mustard on that one...

So Lou is speculating that Sunny is on IR to start the year. That helps a little in terms of cap space, but I thought I read he wouldn't be out more than 5-10 games to start the year. If that's the case, you'd think some more dominos are going to start falling. Prior to the Bozak signing, the Blues had about $1.5M in cap space, though that includes an 8th defenseman. Assuming Walman or Santini gets sent down, that frees up another 750ish depending on which one sticks, which pretty much evens out with Bozak. That's not enough to sign Thomas, so another shoe has to drop.

By the way, love the Bozak deal. Great fit, great price, great term.

BillP. wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:48 am Gotta love Army. Inks Bozak to 750K.

What's the next move?????
My guess is Tarasenko. Training camp opens really soon. I don't know when exactly, but the first preseason game is 9/25. Still no real idea what that deal looks like, but unless Thomas is part of a mega-trade, the Blues will need to clear about $1M in cap space to sign him comfortably.

Glad I just made the switch to Hulu with Live TV. I get ESPN+ through the Disney bundle as well, so I should be covered for all games since I'm out of market.

Non hockey related review after a few weeks: Solid channel lineup compared with my old AT&T streaming plan. I never had Hulu's regular service before either, so that's been a nice bonus. Interface is a little weird to get used to, but happy I made the switch. I did so knowing I'd need ESPN+ to watch most Blues games. The rest has been a bonus.