Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

ratonmono wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:15 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:59 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:21 am

Just to clarify, the tough on him and his family part was in regard to his Dad passing. But yes, if it affected him so much that he wasn't even motivated to play, he shouldn't have been taking up a roster spot.
Peoples parents die every day and they get up and live their life and continue to work...they don’t have millions in the bank like Schwartz. For him to even say something like that shows how out of touch he is. Glad he’s gone...he’s an asshole.
People’s family members die and they often take time to gather themselves regardless of their salary/wage. It would be nice if all of us were afforded the time to properly grieve if we need it.
Jaden Schwartz and his millions aren’t the problem. The ownership class that runs this place is the problem and we keep handing them more and more of the wealth, some do it willingly and gleefully. The whole country and the working class has been crumbling for 50 years and we spit our vitriol at a few visible slightly rich people who hold no real power. It’s sad.
Saying he didn’t have time to train? All he has is time to train. He sure had time to collect paychecks. I ain’t buying his bullshit.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:15 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:59 pm

Peoples parents die every day and they get up and live their life and continue to work...they don’t have millions in the bank like Schwartz. For him to even say something like that shows how out of touch he is. Glad he’s gone...he’s an asshole.
People’s family members die and they often take time to gather themselves regardless of their salary/wage. It would be nice if all of us were afforded the time to properly grieve if we need it.
Jaden Schwartz and his millions aren’t the problem. The ownership class that runs this place is the problem and we keep handing them more and more of the wealth, some do it willingly and gleefully. The whole country and the working class has been crumbling for 50 years and we spit our vitriol at a few visible slightly rich people who hold no real power. It’s sad.
Saying he didn’t have time to train? All he has is time to train. He sure had time to collect paychecks. I ain’t buying his bullshit.
I'm sure his paycheck is direct deposited. I don't know what he had time to do or not. He is clearly struggling mentally and emotionally, speaking as someone who suffers from three major mental illnesses, I'm just not going to shit on the man for that. Now I don't know what he has going on if it's just grieving, major depression, or whatever. But having been so sick myself that I sat in my bedroom staring at the ceiling for hours until I might fall asleep, suddenly your time does appear to have slipped away from you. I showed up to work but that was only because I had to force myself to do that so as to not wind up homeless. I'm not judging him based on a quote in a tweet.

Comparing an athlete who has to perform at a level NONE of us can understand to 'everyday people' is where some of you lost me. Of course he could train. Of course he could still perform. But if his head isn't 100% focused for whatever reason, I can believe in his reasoning for having what to him is a subpar season. Doesn't sound like an excuse, not anymore than what ROR's did when he said he 'lost the passion' for playing while on a shitty team.

Fans scream for players to be open and not give cliché and standard answers, yet when they do, they get torn the fuck down if there is even a hint of the 'why' they feel they didn't perform. So do you really wonder WHY players don't open up more about their emotional and mental state of mind?

The lack of empathy towards others, both professional athletes and just other human beings, is amazing among entitled bitch ass fans.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:13 pm Comparing an athlete who has to perform at a level NONE of us can understand to 'everyday people' is where some of you lost me. Of course he could train. Of course he could still perform. But if his head isn't 100% focused for whatever reason, I can believe in his reasoning for having what to him is a subpar season. Doesn't sound like an excuse, not anymore than what ROR's did when he said he 'lost the passion' for playing while on a shitty team.

Fans scream for players to be open and not give cliché and standard answers, yet when they do, they get torn the fuck down if there is even a hint of the 'why' they feel they didn't perform. So do you really wonder WHY players don't open up more about their emotional and mental state of mind?

The lack of empathy towards others, both professional athletes and just other human beings, is amazing among entitled bitch ass fans.
To quote one of my favorite people in the whole world (Michael Brooks RIP) "Be ruthless with systems and kind with people."

I'm rooting for Schwartz as a person, as a player, and when we play Seattle... then and only then is he the enemy.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:02 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 am Not sure he should’ve even been on the ice if his head was never in it last year.

Last year was tough on him and his family? Didn’t have time to train? he’s so full of shit. The guy has millions in the bank.
Wanted to be there for his teammates....no..he wanted to be there to collect his checks. Fuck him....what a piece of shit to even say something like that. I’m tired of these assholes.
Just to clarify, the tough on him and his family part was in regard to his Dad passing. But yes, if it affected him so much that he wasn't even motivated to play, he shouldn't have been taking up a roster spot.
I didn’t know he was talking about his Dad, so it makes more sense now. That’s just a lousy, irresponsible tweet by JR. Fill in the blanks please, don’t pass out fragmented/incomplete quotes.

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:00 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:02 am

Last year was tough on him and his family? Didn’t have time to train? he’s so full of shit. The guy has millions in the bank.
Wanted to be there for his teammates....no..he wanted to be there to collect his checks. Fuck him....what a piece of shit to even say something like that. I’m tired of these assholes.
I didn’t know he was talking about his Dad, so it makes more sense now. That’s just a lousy, irresponsible tweet by JR. Fill in the blanks please, don’t pass out fragmented/incomplete quotes.
The blanks were filled in in his article, which the tweet was trying to get people to read. I don't think it was irresponsible, just self sabotaging that he didn't include a link, haha.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

St. Louis Blues Agree To Terms With Zack Bolduc: The St. Louis Blues have agreed to a three-year, entry-level deal for first-round pick Zack Bolduc. The young forward was picked 17th overall in 2021 and is coming off a strong season with the Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL.

Bolduc, 18, had 29 points in 27 games this season for Rimouski, following his 30-goal 2019-20 campaign that earned him the QMJHL Rookie of the Year honors. The former linemate of 2020 first-overall pick Alexis Lafreniere, Bolduc is a talented offensive player in his own right who has been compared to players like Sean Monahan in the past. His ability to play the middle of the ice is an important one, as true center prospects are difficult to acquire, especially ones with the upside that Bolduc represents.

That’s not to say he’ll be in the NHL right away. In fact, it seems very likely that the young forward will be back in the QMJHL this season to continue his development with the Oceanic and really try to dominate the league offensively. He’ll also be a candidate for Team Canada at the World Juniors and was recently at the team’s summer camp.

If he does return to junior, Bolduc’s contract will slide forward, meaning the first year of his three-year deal will not be burned in 2021-22. That could actually happen again is 2022-23 should he go back to the QMJHL once again, meaning this contract gives the team plenty of control.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/08 ... olduc.html
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:20 pm St. Louis Blues Agree To Terms With Zack Bolduc: The St. Louis Blues have agreed to a three-year, entry-level deal for first-round pick Zack Bolduc. The young forward was picked 17th overall in 2021 and is coming off a strong season with the Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL.

Bolduc, 18, had 29 points in 27 games this season for Rimouski, following his 30-goal 2019-20 campaign that earned him the QMJHL Rookie of the Year honors. The former linemate of 2020 first-overall pick Alexis Lafreniere, Bolduc is a talented offensive player in his own right who has been compared to players like Sean Monahan in the past. His ability to play the middle of the ice is an important one, as true center prospects are difficult to acquire, especially ones with the upside that Bolduc represents.

That’s not to say he’ll be in the NHL right away. In fact, it seems very likely that the young forward will be back in the QMJHL this season to continue his development with the Oceanic and really try to dominate the league offensively. He’ll also be a candidate for Team Canada at the World Juniors and was recently at the team’s summer camp.

If he does return to junior, Bolduc’s contract will slide forward, meaning the first year of his three-year deal will not be burned in 2021-22. That could actually happen again is 2022-23 should he go back to the QMJHL once again, meaning this contract gives the team plenty of control.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/08 ... olduc.html
Can never have enough centers or dmen.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:13 pm Comparing an athlete who has to perform at a level NONE of us can understand to 'everyday people' is where some of you lost me. Of course he could train. Of course he could still perform. But if his head isn't 100% focused for whatever reason, I can believe in his reasoning for having what to him is a subpar season. Doesn't sound like an excuse, not anymore than what ROR's did when he said he 'lost the passion' for playing while on a shitty team.

I might be a bitch ass fan but I’m certainly not entitled

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Reporters complain about cliche answers and players not opening up, more than bitch ass fans. Most bitch ass fans don’t care about player interviews because usually the person doing the interview, old boring reporters, suck at doing it which is why we get the same cliches because they are repeatedly asked the same lame questions.

It’s why podcast are popular.

Bitch ass fans invest time, money, and energy into a team so it’s understandable when they hear a player say they didn’t want to show up to hold resentment toward that player.
Just a Russian propaganda account

ratonmono wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:29 pm

I'm sure his paycheck is direct deposited. I don't know what he had time to do or not. He is clearly struggling mentally and emotionally, speaking as someone who suffers from three major mental illnesses, I'm just not going to shit on the man for that. Now I don't know what he has going on if it's just grieving, major depression, or whatever. But having been so sick myself that I sat in my bedroom staring at the ceiling for hours until I might fall asleep, suddenly your time does appear to have slipped away from you. I showed up to work but that was only because I had to force myself to do that so as to not wind up homeless. I'm not judging him based on a quote in a tweet.
Right there with ya man. Stay strong.
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Thanks bro you too. I’m doing much much better these days. I’m actually excited for this upcoming season.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:51 am Reporters complain about cliche answers and players not opening up, more than bitch ass fans. Most bitch ass fans don’t care about player interviews because usually the person doing the interview, old boring reporters, suck at doing it which is why we get the same cliches because they are repeatedly asked the same lame questions.

Bitch ass fans invest time, money, and energy into a team so it’s understandable when they hear a player say they didn’t want to show up to hold resentment toward that player.
But why would you 'hold resentment towards that player' though? He did play. He admitted his play was off compared to the high level he holds himself accountable to due to life events that affected him. Him. Not you. Life and what happens affects everyone differently. Every person's burden is the heaviest to themselves, no one else can feel it. We can empathize or criticize with that person, but it doesn't matter. Only the person who feels the burden knows it and has to deal with it. (expanding on a Bob Marley song quote there).

That is why I don't get the hate on here and why the reaction from some of my fellow fans sometimes annoy me. Schwartz was a critical piece of our favorite team winning it's first Stanley Cup. But because certain life events hit him harder than you or some other fans feel it should have, you hold resentment towards him? If that is what you want to do with your emotional investment to the game of hockey go for it, it's a free country to bitch and whine about stuff we have zero control over (and if you think that your 'resentment' makes a different in the world of Jaden Schwartz, the Blues, or the Kraken, or the NHL for that matter, that is where the entitlement aspect comes in because they don't owe you anything. You voluntarily invest in watching a game to be entertained, you can always stop if you don't like the product they serve). I just personally find that attitude is a waste of energy and time...but so is all this in reality as no one is going to change their mind based on what someone else posts here. So enjoy the continued bitchfest that these forums and social media have become 8-)

/
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:40 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:51 am Reporters complain about cliche answers and players not opening up, more than bitch ass fans. Most bitch ass fans don’t care about player interviews because usually the person doing the interview, old boring reporters, suck at doing it which is why we get the same cliches because they are repeatedly asked the same lame questions.

But why would you 'hold resentment towards that player' though? He did play. He admitted his play was off compared to the high level he holds himself accountable to due to life events that affected him. Him. Not you. Life and what happens affects everyone differently. Every person's burden is the heaviest to themselves, no one else can feel it. We can empathize or criticize with that person, but it doesn't matter. Only the person who feels the burden knows it and has to deal with it. (expanding on a Bob Marley song quote there).

That is why I don't get the hate on here and why the reaction from some of my fellow fans sometimes annoy me. Schwartz was a critical piece of our favorite team winning it's first Stanley Cup. But because certain life events hit him harder than you or some other fans feel it should have, you hold resentment towards him? If that is what you want to do with your emotional investment to the game of hockey go for it, it's a free country to bitch and whine about stuff we have zero control over (and if you think that your 'resentment' makes a different in the world of Jaden Schwartz, the Blues, or the Kraken, or the NHL for that matter, that is where the entitlement aspect comes in because they don't owe you anything. You voluntarily invest in watching a game to be entertained, you can always stop if you don't like the product they serve). I just personally find that attitude is a waste of energy and time...but so is all this in reality as no one is going to change their mind based on what someone else posts here. So enjoy the continued bitchfest that these forums and social media have become 8-)

/
It has nothing to do with the impact it had on him or him admitting it. It's totally understandable to be sad when losing a parent. But when you say you didn't know if you wanted to play and have no motivation to play but you just wanted to be around your teammates, then you shouldn't be on the ice. Plain and simple. You shouldn't being playing this kind of game if your head isn't in it because you impact yourself and your teammates that way. He needed therapy, not hockey.

Hell, I didn't even say I resent him for it, I just said I can understand why people would.

As for your last couple sentences, this is all fun(at least for me), and it sounds like you're getting too deep into this conversation and applying to to life all around and trying to make this a bigger issue. I can invest energy into players and teams and still have a great day, this is only a fraction of my day.

Bitchfest 2021 does sound like a fun concert name though
Last edited by Dread_Pirate_Westley on Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a Russian propaganda account

/
Yet you are bitching about other people bitching? I don’t like what Schwartz said. He should never say anything of the sort or close to saying he had it tough. He’s got millions of dollars in the bank. If the year was tough on him ...fine...I get that but in his position to say that especially when there are people that have it much worse than him... That’s what I have a problem with.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:05 pm

/
It has nothing to do with the impact it had on him or him admitting it. It's totally understandable to be sad when losing a parent. But when you say you didn't know if you wanted to play and have no motivation to play but you just wanted to be around your teammates, then you shouldn't be on the ice. Plain and simple. You shouldn't being playing this kind of game if your head isn't in it because you impact yourself and your teammates that way. He needed therapy, not hockey.

Hell, I didn't even say I resent him for it, I just said I can understand why people would.

As for your last couple sentences, this is all fun(at least for me), and it sounds like you're getting too deep into this conversation and applying to to life all around and trying to make this a bigger issue. I can invest energy into players and teams and still have a great day, this is only a fraction of my day.

Bitchfest 2021 does sound like a fun concert name though
If he wanted to be around his teammates so much he should have played better and earned another contract.

Nothing against him but he did mail it in when he could have taken a bit of time off to get his head together. His answers were a bit disingenuous though. It really seems to be about the paycheck.