Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

BillP. wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:39 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:06 pm A team that I think might be in the running for Tarasenko is Columbus. I have seen it discussed that they want to rid themselves of Max Domi, so a deal centered around Domi-Tarasenko makes sense to me. Domi was terrible last year, but only has one year left on his deal and is a UFA afterwards, so you wouldn't be tying yourself to a potential albatross. I think the main motivation for both teams would be ridding themselves of players they don't want anymore, so the rest of the deal would include small stuff. Plus, there's the Jarmo connection. You know how NHL GMs love to reacquire players that they drafted years ago.

Anyway, just a little August food for thought. He'll probably get traded to the Islanders in 5 minutes, haha.
What's the chances Tank stays and all is forgotten? How bout a Buch/Tank line. Maybe you get some national pride stirring with the 2 rooskies and who knows, maybe that's a great line. What do you think?
0% and what has happened can never be forgotten. Vladi can go eat a bag of dicks.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:04 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 pm Army will hold on to tank until trade deadline next year.

He's gonna say to tank "make a team want you or play your contract out here".
I can see that happening. I can see Army telling everyone in the room that they’re getting paid to do a fucking job, not be each other’s best friend. Leave that shit outside.
Exactly. People act like this is the first time a players agent demanded a trade. If a decent deal can’t be done now wait until a better one comes along.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:04 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 pm Army will hold on to tank until trade deadline next year.

He's gonna say to tank "make a team want you or play your contract out here".
I can see that happening. I can see Army telling everyone in the room that they’re getting paid to do a fucking job, not be each other’s best friend. Leave that shit outside.
If a team is good, they’re going to win no matter what. The Yankees and A’s won Championships in the 70’s and they fought all the time. We are a better team if he stays and remains healthy. Like the other guys said, if he proves himself then Army can get himself a real deal during the season if he wants. To trade him for shit that makes us take on a worthless player and his cap does nothing for us.

BillP. wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:09 am This isn’t bad. Need a solid Vet addition on D and we’ll be good to go.

Schenn ——- ROR ——- Perron
Buchnevich —— Thomas —— Tarasenko
Saad —— Sundqvist ——- Kyrou
Kostin ——- Barbashev ——- Sanford
I would be shocked if those were the actual lines on opening night.

Prediction
Sanford - O'Reilly - Perron
Buchnevich - Schenn - Tarasenko
Saad - Thomas - Kyrou
Clifford - Sundqvist - Barbashev

and don't forget MacEachern before Kostin even gets a sniff at the fourth line.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:54 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:09 am This isn’t bad. Need a solid Vet addition on D and we’ll be good to go.

Prediction
Saad - Thomas - Kyrou

Yeah but it’s about time Thomas turns his ass into a real hockey player. He has to move up as 2nd line center and raise his expectations/game. Plus I think your stronger with Sanford in bottom 6 as opposed to top 6. If you want you could flip Sanford and Sunny back and forth as 3rd line center.

BillP. wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:57 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:54 am

Prediction
Saad - Thomas - Kyrou

Yeah but it’s about time Thomas turns his ass into a real hockey player. He has to move up as 2nd line center and raise his expectations/game. Plus I think your stronger with Sanford in bottom 6 as opposed to top 6. If you want you could flip Sanford and Sunny back and forth as 3rd line center.
I hope the coach sees it your way.

I know Army can play hardball with Tarasenko and just throw him in the minors, but that only saves $700,000 against the cap (at least I think that's what the CBA allows), and right now, that's cutting off your nose to spite your face. But, it is just slightly better than having him spend most of his time in the press box. I honestly don't see Tarasenko putting forth the effort to be a solid productive player on this team, so I really think the Blues really need to make a move. But if there is a better option than a pouting Tarasenko, I believe that's the direction they'll take, if it's financially possible.

Here are the other, more likely, options as I see them:

1) Buy Tarasenko out. That cuts his salary cap hit in half, but also extends that hit from 2 to 4 years. I am NOT in favor of this option.
2) Trade him and eat half his salary. Cost the same money as a buy out, but only lasts 2 years.
3) Trade him and eat between none and half his salary. Obviously my preferred option. The less they have to pay, the better.

Maybe I'm wrong, but like I said, I just don't see Tarasenko putting in the effort to be what he once was, as least not with the Blues. I do trust Army to not do anything until he feels like he's making a deal that benefits the team. He won't just take any deal to move him. Do I think Tarasenko will try to force Army to move him, I hope not. I don't think Tank will like the results, but we may not either.

It's going to take one of Army's miracle trades to make this turn out as well as we all want it. I'm not holding my breath, that's for sure.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:52 am I know Army can play hardball with Tarasenko and just throw him in the minors, but that only saves $700,000 against the cap (at least I think that's what the CBA allows), and right now, that's cutting off your nose to spite your face. But, it is just slightly better than having him spend most of his time in the press box. I honestly don't see Tarasenko putting forth the effort to be a solid productive player on this team, so I really think the Blues really need to make a move. But if there is a better option than a pouting Tarasenko, I believe that's the direction they'll take, if it's financially possible.

1) Buy Tarasenko out. That cuts his salary cap hit in half, but also extends that hit from 2 to 4 years. I am NOT in favor of this option.
2) Trade him and eat half his salary. Cost the same money as a buy out, but only lasts 2 years.
3) Trade him and eat between none and half his salary. Obviously my preferred option. The less they have to pay, the better.

Maybe I'm wrong, but like I said, I just don't see Tarasenko putting in the effort to be what he once was, as least not with the Blues. I do trust Army to not do anything until he feels like he's making a deal that benefits the team. He won't just take any deal to move him. Do I think Tarasenko will try to force Army to move him, I hope not. I don't think Tank will like the results, but we may not either.

It's going to take one of Army's miracle trades to make this turn out as well as we all want it. I'm not holding my breath, that's for sure.
His motivation is pretty simple...he has 2 years left on this contract and then he's UFA. He and his agent both know that there willl be no new contract worth a shit given by anyone, until he proves that he can be the player he was before he got his shoulder fucked up. There's no advantage to him if he screws the pooch. Play him like you used to, and see what happens... but all that locker-room poison talk is just talk...these ain't a bunch of fuckin' high-school kids.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:29 am
stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:52 am I know Army can play hardball with Tarasenko and just throw him in the minors, but that only saves $700,000 against the cap (at least I think that's what the CBA allows), and right now, that's cutting off your nose to spite your face. But, it is just slightly better than having him spend most of his time in the press box. I honestly don't see Tarasenko putting forth the effort to be a solid productive player on this team, so I really think the Blues really need to make a move. But if there is a better option than a pouting Tarasenko, I believe that's the direction they'll take, if it's financially possible.

His motivation is pretty simple...he has 2 years left on this contract and then he's UFA. He and his agent both know that there willl be no new contract worth a shit given by anyone, until he proves that he can be the player he was before he got his shoulder fucked up. There's no advantage to him if he screws the pooch. Play him like you used to, and see what happens... but all that locker-room poison talk is just talk...these ain't a bunch of fuckin' high-school kids.
I agree. Maybe he’s aloof and goes his own way but that’s nothing. I do think this is reconcilable and winning is the biggest elixir of them all. If this team wins, everything will be fine. This lineup looks good with him in it. We just need to solidify that D some and I like our team.

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:26 am Y'all're getting plenty of help from other bored hockey fans & click seekers on the Vladi speculation ...

EyesOnIsles Blog: Islanders Adam Pelech Contract Opens Door For Tarasenko Trade

Pro Hockey Rumors: PHR Mailbag: Tarasenko, Eichel, Getzlaf, Islanders

Bleacher Report: Dear Abbey: Grading Your Vladimir Tarasenko Trade Proposals
All we can do is make shit up until the trade comes...or doesn't I suppose. I like the insane offer where we end up with Suzuki and a first :lol:
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

It's interesting how many useful bottom 6 type players still haven't signed. Supposedly some combination Parise, Palmieri and Cizikas have deals with the Islanders in the drawer, just waiting for Lou to iron out a few other things like locking up RFAs and perhaps a trade or two. I wonder if Bozak is in the same situation with the Blues. I think once the RFAs get signed and this Tarasenko thing is resolved one way or another, we see some depth moves for the Blues and around the league. There aren't any world beaters left out there, but plenty of guys that'll improve the team. We all know how much Army loves depth, and last year's injuries proved that if you think you have enough depth, you probably need a couple more guys.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 am Not sure he should’ve even been on the ice if his head was never in it last year.

Given that he usually alternated good years and bad years anyway, that's pretty much a stone cold lock that Schwartz tears it up for Seattle this year. I'm not ripping him, I have a feeling there will be a fair amount of players league wide that have bounce back seasons after not being in the right headspace during the weird year last season.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 am Not sure he should’ve even been on the ice if his head was never in it last year.

Last year was tough on him and his family? Didn’t have time to train? he’s so full of shit. The guy has millions in the bank.
Wanted to be there for his teammates....no..he wanted to be there to collect his checks. Fuck him....what a piece of shit to even say something like that. I’m tired of these assholes.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:02 am

Last year was tough on him and his family? Didn’t have time to train? he’s so full of shit. The guy has millions in the bank.
Wanted to be there for his teammates....no..he wanted to be there to collect his checks. Fuck him....what a piece of shit to even say something like that. I’m tired of these assholes.
Just to clarify, the tough on him and his family part was in regard to his Dad passing. But yes, if it affected him so much that he wasn't even motivated to play, he shouldn't have been taking up a roster spot.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:21 am

Just to clarify, the tough on him and his family part was in regard to his Dad passing. But yes, if it affected him so much that he wasn't even motivated to play, he shouldn't have been taking up a roster spot.
If you look at his performance, it wasn't actually that far out of the norm for him. He was pretty good at everything he's usually good at, but couldn't finish scoring chances. That's something that happens with him all the time. His #fancystats were still pretty good (though down a tick from the year before), but he couldn't finish. We've seen seasons like that from him before. I'm sure his dad's passing was hard on him, but I wonder if his comments are his own Monday morning quarterbacking more than anything else.

Peoples parents die every day and they get up and live their life and continue to work...they don’t have millions in the bank like Schwartz. For him to even say something like that shows how out of touch he is. Glad he’s gone...he’s an asshole.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:59 pm

Peoples parents die every day and they get up and live their life and continue to work...they don’t have millions in the bank like Schwartz. For him to even say something like that shows how out of touch he is. Glad he’s gone...he’s an asshole.
People’s family members die and they often take time to gather themselves regardless of their salary/wage. It would be nice if all of us were afforded the time to properly grieve if we need it.
Jaden Schwartz and his millions aren’t the problem. The ownership class that runs this place is the problem and we keep handing them more and more of the wealth, some do it willingly and gleefully. The whole country and the working class has been crumbling for 50 years and we spit our vitriol at a few visible slightly rich people who hold no real power. It’s sad.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:59 pm

People’s family members die and they often take time to gather themselves regardless of their salary/wage. It would be nice if all of us were afforded the time to properly grieve if we need it.
Jaden Schwartz and his millions aren’t the problem. The ownership class that runs this place is the problem and we keep handing them more and more of the wealth, some do it willingly and gleefully. The whole country and the working class has been crumbling for 50 years and we spit our vitriol at a few visible slightly rich people who hold no real power. It’s sad.