Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:34 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:30 pm Bad pickup. They'll regret it. Sanford can put up his numbers. 35 points in 82 games 4 seasons ago playing with Kane and Toews? This was a desperate move. Gong
If Sanford can put up Saad’s numbers that would be a big help to the Blues.
I'm thinking he might have Sanford pegged in a package deal somewhere. How the hell is Kostin going to play?

BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:30 pm Bad pickup. They'll regret it. Sanford can put up his numbers. 35 points in 82 games 4 seasons ago playing with Kane and Toews? This was a desperate move. Gong
I'm genuinely curious why you've picked one season 4 years ago a few times on this thread as the barometer for his play rather than all of the 20+ goal seasons surrounding it. Is it an anti-Hawk thing? I'm not trying to be combative, it just doesn't make any sense to me. If Sanford could skate like Saad and generally stay on his feet he'd score 35 goals every year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I like the Saad fit. He skates very well and scores at 5 on 5. Got him for a solid AAV. He will slot in very nicely. I'm very curious to see how the top 6 takes shape. I imagine there'll be some juggling before they find the right fit. It'd be fun to see a Saad-Thomas-Kyrou line just absolutely flying out there, but I don't know that it makes a ton of sense defensively. I think the lines Wes posted are a good starting point. I'd like to add another depth forward to bump Joshua out and have more time to season.

No way....Saad is an excellent signing. We still have another move or two to make...maybe one that’s going to shock the entire hockey world.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:51 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:42 pm Saad - ROR - Perron
Schenn - Thomas - Buchnevich
Sanford - Sunny - Kyrou
Clifford - Barb - Kostin

Not terrible. Then figure out what to do with Tarasenko
Can or does Kostin play Center? Or is he just LW?
Kostin is a winger in the NHL and my guess is , he’s gonna be winging it in Cal-Gary

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:03 pm I like the Saad fit. He skates very well and scores at 5 on 5. Got him for a solid AAV. He will slot in very nicely. I'm very curious to see how the top 6 takes shape. I imagine there'll be some juggling before they find the right fit. It'd be fun to see a Saad-Thomas-Kyrou line just absolutely flying out there, but I don't know that it makes a ton of sense defensively. I think the lines Wes posted are a good starting point. I'd like to add another depth forward to bump Joshua out and have more time to season.

No offense but everything you just said is spot on.

I’d also like to add that Saad just seems to
turn him game to another level come playoff time.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:55 pm
I'm genuinely curious why you've picked one season 4 years ago a few times on this thread as the barometer for his play rather than all of the 20+ goal seasons surrounding it. Is it an anti-Hawk thing? I'm not trying to be combative, it just doesn't make any sense to me. If Sanford could skate like Saad and generally stay on his feet he'd score 35 goals every year.
Cause, 4 years ago he was a lot younger. His numbers were better in Columbus than Chicago. We're not going to get his best. I'd rather the Blues go another route. Guess DA doesn't have much else on the burner.................we'll see

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:21 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:42 pm Saad - ROR - Perron
Schenn - Thomas - Buchnevich
Sanford - Sunny - Kyrou
Clifford - Barb - Kostin

Not terrible. Then figure out what to do with Tarasenko
Kostin is a winger in the NHL and my guess is , he’s gonna be winging it in Cal-Gary
You got inside info or something? :) Shock the hockey world, Kostin skating in Calgary..................you really think a Tkachuk deal is in the works????? Shit Tim, I hope you're right.

BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:38 pm

You got inside info or something? :) Shock the hockey world, Kostin skating in Calgary..................you really think a Tkachuk deal is in the works????? Shit Tim, I hope you're right.
It’s definitely in the works...will they reach a deal and when will it happen? That remains to be seen. What Saad does though is buys Army valuable time. Army is an assassin when he has that “I’ve got all the time in the world” attitude. Although a deal for Tkachuk is going to be costly...no doubt about it.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:51 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:38 pm

It’s definitely in the works...will they reach a deal and when will it happen? That remains to be seen. What Saad does though is buys Army valuable time. Army is an assassin when he has that “I’ve got all the time in the world” attitude. Although a deal for Tkachuk is going to be costly...no doubt about it.
You're awesome dude :)

BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:37 pm
Cause, 4 years ago he was a lot younger. His numbers were better in Columbus than Chicago. We're not going to get his best. I'd rather the Blues go another route. Guess DA doesn't have much else on the burner.................we'll see
SAAD is 28

Bill, that's why we're paying him $1.5 million less than he was making 4 years ago. I don't understand why age matters for this one random down year for Saad, but not for Hoffman...who is 3 years older and much worse at hockey when he's not ripping a one timer. To each there own I suppose.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:33 pm

Bill, that's why we're paying him $1.5 million less than he was making 4 years ago. I don't understand why age matters for this one random down year for Saad, but not for Hoffman...who is 3 years older and much worse at hockey when he's not ripping a one timer. To each there own I suppose.
I don't know. Who did he play with in Colorado? Who were his linemates? I mean if it was Mack, then he's had some good linemates the past few years with Kane, etc........................he's okay, I just want to bitch.................I want some beef in the lineup...................I know Hoffman is paper but he can score the "wow" goal.............................if we get Tkachuk without giving up Thomas and Kyrou, then this team will suddenly look enticing again....................what's the chances Brady pulls the same thing in Ottawa?.................can you imagine?