Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

Pretty daunting to think the Blues are going to lose Schwartz, Goalzak, Hoffman, and Dunn from last years team. A team that simply wasn’t good enough as is. If nothing else, that’s a lot of depth and doesn’t even include Tarasenko because he didn’t really contribute last year.

A lot of off-season left but how healthy Sundqvist can come back is looming huge.
Just a Russian propaganda account

The way I see it as of right now we've replaced Schwartz Dunn and Hoffman with Buchnevich Perunovich and Kostin.
Still need to replace Bozak's spot and that's pretty much it. I'm assuming no Tarasenko trade in this scenario.
Not too worried about outside players, need more from the guys we have. Parayko, Scandella, Krug, Schenn all need to be better and the young guns need to step up into bigger roles. I assume Army will sign a couple of vets to fill out the depth chart but that's it.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:20 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:11 pm Nick Foligno please and I’ll be happy.
Pass. I’m still looking at Ritchie Donato and Bozak as options to fill out the roster. Not much else out there that interests me. Maybe Saad but I think the cap hit and term are gonna be gross there.
Okay, then Ritchie is the guy we need. I don’t want to spend what cap we got left on Saad. I’m not a Sanford fan, but he could match or surpass what Saad will bring and a lot cheaper.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:26 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:58 pm The Blues have 13 million in cap space. I hope they do more than a 3rd line center
Is the 13 after they sign all their RFA though?
If not then it’s probably more like 4-5 million in space. Which is a third line center.
Our remaining RFAs are:
Barbashev (Arbitration eligible; last contract was 2 years, $1.475 mil AAV)
Sanford (Arbitration eligible; last contract was 2 years, $1.5 mil AAV)
Kyrou (Last contract (ELC) 3 years, $880 k AAV)
Thomas (Last contract (ELC) 3 years, $1.7775 mil AAV)

I think the AAVs on the ELCs do NOT include 'slide years' and do include potential performance bonuses that had to be accounted for in cap space. Either way, that gives you a general idea of what to expect them to make, and how much REAL cap space the Blues have to work with (before trading Tarasenko and his $7.5 mil cap hit)

Army has been one of the most active GM's in Blues history. He built the 2019 team one piece at a time and made big grabs once everything was in place. This is a rebuilding year...everyone all amped up over the Cup next season better temper their hopes with reality. The team needs are too great to fill in one FA period...there is no point buying out of desperation. Bring some young guys up....give them time...make a trade in Feb to add talent if things are looking good, or add picks if they aren't.