Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

Seems like we could use a home for some non-Tkachuk speculative (and real) roster talk.

Besides the need for LW, the other big need for the Blues is on the blueline. We've heard talk about midrange guys like Jamie Oleksiak and David Savard, but I wonder if there's a big name that Armstrong at least talks about. On the latest 31 Thoughts podcast, Elliotte Friedman said that he's pretty sure Oliver Ekman-Larsson is going to get traded. They wanted to move him last offseason, but he'd only waive his NTC for Boston or Vancouver, neither of whom were willing to pay the price Arizona wanted. After a pretty crappy season, apparently he's willing to expand that list. I'm not saying OEL is a good idea since he has 6 more years at $8.25M left and is coming off a bad season, but he's 6'2 with a great shot and moves the puck extremely well. That cap hit of course makes the mechanics of such a deal pretty tricky, but these guys always seem to find a way to move the necessary money out.

I have no idea what the acquisition cost would be, but if Arizona's motivation is to shed salary as Friedman reported, maybe the Armstrong boys have a few interesting conversations on the topic.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:18 pm Dougie Hamilton is out there for the taking, and at 28, there's room to get creative contract wise. Erik Gudbranson is a player I'd like to have too.
I wouldn't be psyched about Gudbranson, but he's big and would fill a massive need on the PK. Boy would it be nice if the Blues could get back to killing penalties. If you end up with Gudbranson, you probably need a new home for Bortuzzo.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:26 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:18 pm Dougie Hamilton is out there for the taking, and at 28, there's room to get creative contract wise. Erik Gudbranson is a player I'd like to have too.
I wouldn't be psyched about Gudbranson, but he's big and would fill a massive need on the PK. Boy would it be nice if the Blues could get back to killing penalties. If you end up with Gudbranson, you probably need a new home for Bortuzzo.
Love Bortz as a part-timer... it depends on who you're playing. His health is always an issue, it seems.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:31 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:26 pm
Love Bortz as a part-timer... it depends on who you're playing. His health is always an issue, it seems.
Totally agree. Plays his ass off, great teammate by all accounts, but he's just not quite an everyday guy on a contender. He's an ideal 7th defenseman given his ability to play either side and cheap cap hit.

BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:50 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:49 pm I've heard Seth Jones wants out of CBJ. He'd look good in a Blues jersey.
I think the Blues could get him with Parayko offered in the mix. I think JD would listen. I don't think JD wants to tear down the team and do a complete rebuild. I think he would like to build and win at the same time.
I'd like to keep Parayko and add Jones.

It shouldn't cost that much as he is on his last year of his contract
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:32 am It’s sad how much this team has tied up in dmen and yet still need dmen
You're locked into Krug/Faulk for the next 6 years and Scandella for 3. Beyond that, there's actually a lot of flexibility. No one else is under contract beyond this season besides Santini. Most likely you'd like to re-sign Parayko before he hits UFA, but boy what if his back doesn't heal up right? At the very least it keeps the cost down. I think there's a big move on the back end this summer. I wonder if Walman gets moved. If there is a big name that comes in for a regular spot. Walman played fairly well last year, but it seems like Mikkola fits their needs a bit better and at some point they're going to want to give healthy Perunovich a shot.

Hopefully Krug has an improvement in year 2 like Faulk.

Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

Rumour is Torey Krug feels he is a wrong fit here or someone thinks he is the wrong fit here and the flames are losing giordano to the kraken.

Tank/krug for tkachuk and get seth jones?
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:01 am Rumour is Torey Krug feels he is a wrong fit here or someone thinks he is the wrong fit here and the flames are losing giordano to the kraken.

Tank/Schenn for Pasta/Marchand and he'll be right at home :lol:

Got a source on this?

It wouldn't surprise me if Krug felt that way. It was a tough adjustment for him and I thought he managed it well and he produced a ton of assists. But hopefully Army can juice up the offense with some maneuvering this off season. Last season the Blues had no consistency and never got to establish an identity. You can't say we wear teams out anymore cause we don't.

BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:59 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:01 am Rumour is Torey Krug feels he is a wrong fit here or someone thinks he is the wrong fit here and the flames are losing giordano to the kraken.

Tank/Schenn for Pasta/Marchand and he'll be right at home :lol:
Got a source on this?
It wouldn't surprise me if Krug felt that way. It was a tough adjustment for him and I thought he managed it well and he produced a ton of assists. But hopefully Army can juice up the offense with some maneuvering this off season. Last season the Blues had no consistency and never got to establish an identity. You can't say we wear teams out anymore cause we don't.
Jamie Rivers said it on the last minute blues podcast however I dont remember who he said he heard it from and hope more people take interest into that podcast.

Also i meant to post this in the blues offseason rumour thread :/

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:05 pm Posted in wong thread but rumour is berube thinks krug is not a good fit or krug thinks he isnt a good fit here
I can't see Krug going anywhere. Maybe he wasn't happy with how last year went, but it was such an abnormal year on so many fronts that it would be beneficial for all parties to give it another go. I assume they'll have a more typical offseason program and training camp without the same Covid restrictions. That's huge thing to miss out on for a guy playing big minutes on a new team. I'm expecting big things from Krug next year.

The other point is if you start signing guys to long term deals then trading them right away, you're going to start having a harder time signing guys in the future.

So he basically doesn't like Berube.

I happen to think he's a pretty good fit, just not being utilized effectively. He was racking up the points by the end of the season.

I say keep him. Berube is going to have to adjust or he's gone after next season.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:05 pm Posted in wong thread but rumour is berube thinks krug is not a good fit or krug thinks he isnt a good fit here
Answered this in the wrong thread;
So he basically doesn't like Berube.

I happen to think he's a pretty good fit, just not being utilized effectively. He was racking up the points by the end of the season.

I say keep him. Berube is going to have to adjust or he's gone after next season.

He is...no Chara here to do all the defending while he skates around and his helmet falls off.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:25 am

He is...no Chara here to do all the defending while he skates around and his helmet falls off.
Kind of sad the Blues don’t have a defenseman to.....”do all the defending”
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:50 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:25 am

Kind of sad the Blues don’t have a defenseman to.....”do all the defending”
Ba da dum tsssss……….Petro shot!!!!!!!!