Re: 2021 NHL Draft thread

BillP. wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:14 pm Fuck, it’s another Bokk who’s a long term projection. I want a kid that can get up here ASAP!!!!
Sometimes it's worth the wait. This kid has developed some great talents early. Bolduc has a lot of good traits and several weaknesses that can be cleared up. He can add a lot of muscle weight to his frame. He should be able to carry 200 -205 lb when he's matured. So, I'm not worried at all about his eventual strength. And he seems to have already adjusted his game to win puck races and battles. He has an excellent, quick shot, but shoots too much. But, he'll be able to adjust that. He's ahead of the game in several areas, and his weaknesses can be wiped out with more experience, and getting good coaching, and being receptive to it. Taking the "safe", higher floor but lower potential ceiling too often got The Blues into having too few natural scorers. A GM has to take risks in a certain amount of his forward picks, especially when picking this late or later so often.

I'm excited that The Blues may have a good offence producer again in their arsenal of prospects. To me, he looks like he's got a higher offensive upside than Alexandrov. We'll just have to wait and see what his body looks like, and how his game will have matured in 3 years from now. I don't think this is a reach at #17. It's got the usual risks that you'd expect at this point in the draft. Let's hope that we get the GOOD surprise when it comes to development (sort of like we did with Parayko). We could end up with a very talented offensive centre, who can play both ways in the 200 ft. game!

Robb_K wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:10 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:14 pm Fuck, it’s another Bokk who’s a long term projection. I want a kid that can get up here ASAP!!!!
Sometimes it's worth the wait. This kid has developed some great talents early. Bolduc has a lot of good traits and several weaknesses that can be cleared up. He can add a lot of muscle weight to his frame. He should be able to carry 200 -205 lb when he's matured. So, I'm not worried at all about his eventual strength. And he seems to have already adjusted his game to win puck races and battles. He has an excellent, quick shot, but shoots too much. But, he'll be able to adjust that. He's ahead of the game in several areas, and his weaknesses can be wiped out with more experience, and getting good coaching, and being receptive to it. Taking the "safe", higher floor but lower potential ceiling too often got The Blues into having too few natural scorers. A GM has to take risks in a certain amount of his forward picks, especially when picking this late or later so often.

I'm excited that The Blues may have a good offence producer again in their arsenal of prospects. To me, he looks like he's got a higher offensive upside than Alexandrov. We'll just have to wait and see what his body looks like, and how his game will have matured in 3 years from now. I don't think this is a reach at #17. It's got the usual risks that you'd expect at this point in the draft. Let's hope that we get the GOOD surprise when it comes to development (sort of like we did with Parayko). We could end up with a very talented offensive centre, who can play both ways in the 200 ft. game!
I forgot about Alexandrov. Looks like Toropchenko has fallen off the charts.

We still got a shot at the Stank today.....just need to acquire a 2nd rounder...and an early one at that. Zach Sanford and Niko Mikkola...PACK YOUR SHIT!!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:29 pm Simon Robertsson is the Blues pick in the 3rd round. Sounds like a steal?
It's a steal, even though The Blues had to trade up to get him, giving up their 6th Rounder. He fell a lot farther than where he should have been picked. He's got a lot better upside potential (to be a high scoring power forward) than any player The Blues could have gotten by staying at their own pick. I like the trade a lot! He plays a tough 2-way game, and should be able to up his goal-scoring as he grows more into his body and gains strength and bulk. Maybe he can be another Backes-type, if things go well.

Tyson Galloway, big defenceman from BC. I'm happy with the Galloway pick. He's got good size at 6-4, 214 and he's a decent skater. He can produce some offence, as well. Looks like a decent upside. Glad they took a defenceman after 2 forwards. If he grows as much as Parayko did after we drafted him, he'll end up at 7'2" and 300lb!!! :lol: But with The Blues' luck, he'd decide to jump sports to The NBA!!!. Let's just hope he develops into a solid #2 D-Man!

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:44 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:27 amA few names for day 2...
Jackson Blake
Red Savage
Ryan Winterton
Florian Elias
That's a player who will have to change his name before he plays a game in pro sports.
Savage draws first blood with Black Hawks.

Headline coming soon………