Re: 2021 NHL Draft thread

ratonmono wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:47 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:55 pm
ratonmono wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 am

Oh I'd love Tanev but so does Pitt and Burke ain't giving up that truculence!
How about Dunn for Tanev? Both players would be protected by their new clubs
That would be perfect. Though word round the campfire is that Pitt is looking to use Tanev higher up in the lineup next year. But the Pens do need D.
I think it’s fair and fills needs for both teams but while the Blues are seemingly low on Dunn, Pittsburgh is high on Tanev.
I'll throw in your choice of Blais or Sanford or our 2021 3rd rounder
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Given the hole on LW and the unlikeliness of a Hoffman return, I wonder if the Blues take a run at UFA Saad. He's versatile, a good skater, and has a championship pedigree with some team I can't seem to recall at this particular moment. I think he might be high on my list of offseason targets.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:34 am Given the hole on LW and the unlikeliness of a Hoffman return, I wonder if the Blues take a run at UFA Saad. He's versatile, a good skater, and has a championship pedigree with some team I can't seem to recall at this particular moment. I think he might be high on my list of offseason targets.
Yeah but didn't he have mix reviews in Columbus? He did better with Kane/Toews and then Avs. He doesn't rack up a lot of hits either I don't think........ Who was that turkey that the Islanders signed a few years ago? Ladd? You just never know with free agency.

BillP. wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:10 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:34 am Given the hole on LW and the unlikeliness of a Hoffman return, I wonder if the Blues take a run at UFA Saad. He's versatile, a good skater, and has a championship pedigree with some team I can't seem to recall at this particular moment. I think he might be high on my list of offseason targets.
Yeah but didn't he have mix reviews in Columbus? He did better with Kane/Toews and then Avs. He doesn't rack up a lot of hits either I don't think........ Who was that turkey that the Islanders signed a few years ago? Ladd? You just never know with free agency.
He was very good in Columbus. Good enough that a real NHL GM thought it would be a good idea to acquire him straight up for Panarin. You know who else doesn't rack up a lot of hits? Jaden Schwartz. You're right about UFA being a minefield, but since that disaster day of 7/1/2016 (Backes, Eriksson, Lucic, Okposo, Ladd etc) across the league, teams have gotten smarter. Between that and the flat cap, I don't think Saad is going to cost you that much. I'm not thinking he's the answer to all that ails the Blues, but I think he could be a useful piece.

Pronman's first Mock Draft:

This was a first pass that didn't reflect conversations with the teams themselves since many teams haven't even had their meetings yet to get the draft boards together. Couple of interesting things:
-Apparently this draft has a clear top 9 skaters. After that it's wide open.
-2 highly regarded goalies will likely go in first round, possibly the first half.
-He had the Blues selecting Corson Ceulemans, RHD, Brooks-AJHL. Wide range of opinions on him, but he's 6'2 and can skate.

Beniers coming in at #1. There’s been some chatter that Buffalo might feel the same way as well. I’ve always though he was hands down the best player in this draft class.
Logan Stankoven #23 is still the Blues pick for me but I wouldn’t be upset if we land #38 Sasha Pastujov. He’s going higher than 38 for sure. I wouldn’t be shocked if someone takes a flyer on him in the first round.

https://dobberprospects.com/2021/07/07/ ... july-2021/

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:37 am I want to see McTavish on the back of a Blues jersey again so that is now my hope.
I’ll be shocked if Yzerman doesn’t grab McTavish early. He’s got Red Wing written all over him

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:10 pm I don't know anything about this draft. Any chance the Blues can draft a kid that can crack lineup 1st year?
Unless they trade up for Owen Power....zero chance. He’s good enough to step in and play now, Beniers might be as well. Both saying they are heading back to Michigan though but I think that’s got more to do with The Sabres selecting one of them.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:10 pm I don't know anything about this draft. Any chance the Blues can draft a kid that can crack lineup 1st year?
Nobody really knows much about this draft. I’m solely going on WJC’s’ U18’s and NCAA.
The 2022 draft though has got quite a few franchise players in it. If the Blues are gonna suck, the upcoming season is the season to do it.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:29 pm
Nobody really knows much about this draft. I’m solely going on WJC’s’ U18’s and NCAA.
The 2022 draft though has got quite a few franchise players in it. If the Blues are gonna suck, the upcoming season is the season to do it.
Thanks Tim..................yep, I think the Blues might struggle to make the playoffs next year. Could be on outside looking in. Distinct possibility.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:08 am Another prospect ranking:

It's interesting how Power seems to be coming in at #1 or #7 on all these lists. Wonder if it's a case of how scouts high ceiling vs. high floor.
Power reminds me very much of the rise of EJ in 2006 although Power has been locked in a bit longer than EJ. I think scouts see the size and skill and he played pretty good at the worlds...that’s tough for most to pass on. With that said , I’d still be taking Beniers with the first pick because I think he the most dynamic forward in this draft.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Pronman 7 rounder

17. St. Louis: Corson Ceulemans, RHD, Brooks-AJHL

Ceulemans is a divisive prospect among scouts at the moment, with some saying he should be a top-15 pick and some saying he shouldn’t even be drafted in the first round. For that reason, I see him ending up 16-25, and he fits a lot of what St. Louis looks for in a defenseman.

81. St. Louis: Lorenzo Canonica, C, Shawinigan-QMJHL

145: St. Louis: Jack Beck, RW, Ottawa-OHL

177. St. Louis: Daniel Laatsch, LHD, Sioux City-USHL

198. St. Louis: Carter Serhyenko, G, Prince Albert-WHL

https://theathletic.com/2708052/2021/07 ... en-rounds/
Just a Russian propaganda account

It’s here boys! Can’t wait! Wouldn’t mind seeing Army move down a few spots and pick up an additional pick.
Regardless of where we pick, I’m hoping for
Logan Stankoven
Carson Ceulemans
Sasha Pastujov

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:43 am It’s here boys! Can’t wait! Wouldn’t mind seeing Army move down a few spots and pick up an additional pick.
Logan Stankoven
Carson Ceulemans
Sasha Pastujov
Seems like a great year to trade down from where the Blues are slotted. From what I gather there is a clear separation from the top 9 skaters to the rest of the field. 1 really good goalie prospect and another that will also go in the first. Does that sound about right?

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:18 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:43 am It’s here boys! Can’t wait! Wouldn’t mind seeing Army move down a few spots and pick up an additional pick.
Logan Stankoven
Carson Ceulemans
Sasha Pastujov
Seems like a great year to trade down from where the Blues are slotted. From what I gather there is a clear separation from the top 9 skaters to the rest of the field. 1 really good goalie prospect and another that will also go in the first. Does that sound about right?
Pretty much. I’d say there is a top tier of about 8 players at this particular time. Obviously there will be a few gems found in later rounds.
Stankoven is my pick for a few reasons. He’s a goal scorer and wants to be a goal scorer. We don’t know how good he is just yet because of the Covid season but my guess is with a full year last year, he might have been a top 10 pick this year and you still might be able to get him late in the first round. Tenacious player , high motor, work ethic, and a world class shot.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:50 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:18 am
Logan Stankoven
Carson Ceulemans
Sasha Pastujov
Pretty much. I’d say there is a top tier of about 8 players at this particular time. Obviously there will be a few gems found in later rounds.
Stankoven is my pick for a few reasons. He’s a goal scorer and wants to be a goal scorer. We don’t know how good he is just yet because of the Covid season but my guess is with a full year last year, he might have been a top 10 pick this year and you still might be able to get him late in the first round. Tenacious player , high motor, work ethic, and a world class shot.
You didn't say it, so I'll do it for you. Blues will pick Stankoven with their first pick. Book it! :)

Pronman's latest

17. St. Louis: Carson Lambos, LHD, Winnipeg-WHL
Teams around the league think St. Louis would prefer a true center or a defenseman at this slot, so Lambos and Corson Ceulemans are the names that I think could be in play, or Svechkov if he gets to this slot.
Just a Russian propaganda account