Re: GDT: Game 4 Blues vs Avalanche- 3:00 NBCSN

Alright, I'll leave all the pessimism (realism in...well...reality) in the game 3 thread. I'll break out the pom-poms here.

LET'S GO BOYS! SKATE WITH THEM! POUND THEIR ASSES INTO DUST!

CUT! OFF! THEIR! HEADS! AND! DRINK! THEIR! BLOOD!
DRINK THEIR BLOOD!
DRINK THEIR BLOOD!!
DRINK THEIR BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:04 pm Alright, I'll leave all the pessimism (realism in...well...reality) in the game 3 thread. I'll break out the pom-poms here.

DRINK THEIR BLOOD!
DRINK THEIR BLOOD!!
WAS IT OVER WHEN THE AVALANCHE BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!!!1 HELL NO!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:04 pm Alright, I'll leave all the pessimism (realism in...well...reality) in the game 3 thread. I'll break out the pom-poms here.

DRINK THEIR BLOOD!
DRINK THEIR BLOOD!!

Fuck the Blues

—-Just taking a different approach too :lol:

BillP. wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:08 pm

DRINK THEIR BLOOD!
DRINK THEIR BLOOD!!

Fuck the Blues

You cost them the lead1!!!

DRINK THEIR BLOOD!
DRINK THEIR BLOOD!!

Fuck the Blues

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:56 pm

DRINK THEIR BLOOD!
DRINK THEIR BLOOD!!

Fuck the Blues

1 period left brother

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:42 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:26 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:18 pm Healthy, Unhealthy, the Blues were never going to be competitive in this series. Two completely different levels
That’s right. The Blues suck. They have no business being here. Bunch of bums. Fire Berubes ass on Monday.
What a bitch play by Mackinnon
Good for Hoffman with the high stick

The Avs ALL make the empty net shots without even looking, and The Blues miss most of their long empty net shots with good long looks first. The Avs must practise those a lot.

In any case this depleted Blues team was not going to win this series this year, no matter who they would have had available to play, with Parayko and Tarasenko so subpar. But, I really hate that Perron didn't even get to play one game.

It will be an interesting off-season, to say the least. The Blues need to add several young, fast-skating, and skilled forwards, AND defencemen, and a decent backup goaltender. They've gotten old and slow, and thanks partly to Covid-19 and injuries, they lost the last 2 seasons of their recent Stanley Cup contending window. Originally, I was hoping they'd get more than one Cup victory with Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Parayko, O'Reilly, and Schenn.

I won't mind if Krug is gone this offseason. Same for Sanford. Gunnarsson will likely retire. I hope they get to keep Sundqvist, and Dunn. They need to pick up a solid LD.

BillP. wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:26 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:18 pm Healthy, Unhealthy, the Blues were never going to be competitive in this series. Two completely different levels
That’s right. The Blues suck. They have no business being here. Bunch of bums. Fire Berubes ass on Monday.
Scotty Bowman couldn't have best this Avs team with this depleted Blues team. It was over before it started.