Re: GDT: Game 3 St Louis Blues vs Avalache - 8:30 5/21 - TV: USA! USA! USA!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:11 am Here we are, game 3 with our backs and butt cheeks against the wall and our starting defense might look something like this...

Torey Krug - Colton Parayko
Marco Scandella -Steven Santini
Niko Mikkola - Mitch Reinke/Tyler Tucker

It's less than ideal, but I don't think this team fears adversity.

Perron still in Covid protocol today.
So you're telling me the Blues won't say "Daddy" and will be more like the dude reading the newspaper.

...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:46 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:11 am Here we are, game 3 with our backs and butt cheeks against the wall and our starting defense might look something like this...

So you're telling me the Blues won't say "Daddy" and will be more like the dude reading the newspaper.

I guess we kind of have to hope the Blues are Frodo and have gassed up their motor cycle.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:57 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:46 am

I guess we kind of have to hope the Blues are Frodo and have gassed up their motor cycle.
I was actually wondering what happens to the rad dirtbike kids. I have no recollection of what happens to them, I was more of an Armageddon guy when it came to mid-late 90's comet/asteroid flicks.

JMC-STL wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:18 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:11 am... Perron still in Covid protocol today.
He should've waited & taken his test with the False Positive Boyz.
Many people don't know this but that was the original name of his, Oshie, and Berglund's boy band. They ended up switching to the Cocaine Cowboyz
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:23 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:11 am... Perron still in Covid protocol today.
Many people don't know this but that was the original name of his, Oshie, and Berglund's boy band. They ended up switching to the Cocaine Cowboyz
Oshie had quite the reputation for the booger sugar

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:26 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:23 am
Oshie had quite the reputation for the booger sugar
He's a good guy though, was always happy to share it with teammates.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Schenn back to the middle because Thomas needs Bozak to babysit him. Thomas might be the most disappointing player this year. He's done some nice things with the puck here and there, but he should be an impact player every night by this point in his career, and it just hasn't happened.

Also I hope they really do double shift Santini :lol:

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:43 am Schenn back to the middle because Thomas needs Bozak to babysit him. Thomas might be the most disappointing player this year. He's done some nice things with the puck here and there, but he should be an impact player every night by this point in his career, and it just hasn't happened.

Thomas has been hurt...probably not 100% healthy even right now. As far as being an impact player...he’s only 21. How many impact players in that draft could we have drafted besides Thomas?
Patience Dave...patience
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:35 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:43 am Schenn back to the middle because Thomas needs Bozak to babysit him. Thomas might be the most disappointing player this year. He's done some nice things with the puck here and there, but he should be an impact player every night by this point in his career, and it just hasn't happened.

Thomas has been hurt...probably not 100% healthy even right now. As far as being an impact player...he’s only 21. How many impact players in that draft could we have drafted besides Thomas?
Patience Dave...patience
BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!! Yeah, I don't want to trade him or anything, I was just hoping for #theleap to come in this year. You're right though, the only guys in his draft class that are clearly ahead of him are guys that went in the top 5.

Patience Dave...patience
Comparing him to other 21-year-olds, he’s just fine. But when Comparing his game now to his game when he entered the league, he’s a disappointment. He was more impactful 2 years ago. Not the trajectory I expected.

Patience Dave...patience
IDK if I'd call him an "impact player" as I haven't gotten to see much of him, but, the ONLY name I can see in the 1st rd near our pick (after our pick) we could have grabbed was Jokiharju

We made the right choice :geek:
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:50 pm

Patience Dave...patience
IDK if I'd call him an "impact player" as I haven't gotten to see much of him, but, the ONLY name I can see in the 1st rd near our pick (after our pick) we could have grabbed was Jokiharju

We made the right choice :geek:
I was at that draft (I'd highly recommend if you have the chance). I remember wanting Thomas when we were on the clock at 20, and being thrilled at the pick. When we made the trade for the 31st pick I was drunkenly screaming for them to take Tolvanen before the friendly Sabres fan in front of me said "you mean the guy the Predators just picked?" Good times.

insideout wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:08 pm

Patience Dave...patience
Comparing him to other 21-year-olds, he’s just fine. But when Comparing his game now to his game when he entered the league, he’s a disappointment. He was more impactful 2 years ago. Not the trajectory I expected.
Hmm....amazing what could happen in two years ...multiple injures . Pandemic, locked in a bubble. Maybe you’re trajectory and expectations were a bit too high?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:10 pm
insideout wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:08 pm

Patience Dave...patience
Hmm....amazing what could happen in two years ...multiple injures . Pandemic, locked in a bubble. Maybe you’re trajectory and expectations were a bit too high?
The fact that there are legitimate contributing factors to his being a disappointment makes it no less disappointing. That said, I guess my expectation of there not being a pandemic were too high.