Re: GDT: Game 2 St Louis Blues @ Colorado - 9:30 5/19 - TV:CNBC

BluesSK wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:10 am I hated that goalie pull.

Way too early
That’s what I felt. I’d rather pull him during play when the rush is on and we got the pressure going. You lose face off it’s a big risk. Damn. Blues were better team last half of game. I’ve had it up to hear with MacKinnon. I hope the Blues win Gm 3 and put it back in Avs face. If they’re going to win, make them earn it. I want the Blues to fuck em up back home.

BillP. wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:25 am
Robb_K wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:09 am Glad to see Mikkola driving the net!
Mikkola turned into a real hockey player in this game. Reminds me of Emile Francis when he used to say 1 playoff game is worth the experience of 10 regular season games. Right here is a good example. Dude took his game up another level.
Yeah. He's being given a chance finally.

BillP. wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:29 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:24 am I don't have any problem with MacKinnon, he's just really really good. Clear the front of the net so Binnington can see the damn puck. If Faulk is out long it doesn't matter anyway.
I don’t like anyone who celebrates at the Blues expense. Dude needs to get clotheslined.
It's his job to do celebration worthy things at other teams expense. It's no one's job to clothesline people for doing that, it's their job to stop him from doing it in the first place.

Yikes
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:35 am
BillP. wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:29 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:24 am I don't have any problem with MacKinnon, he's just really really good. Clear the front of the net so Binnington can see the damn puck. If Faulk is out long it doesn't matter anyway.
I don’t like anyone who celebrates at the Blues expense. Dude needs to get clotheslined.
It's his job to do celebration worthy things at other teams expense. It's no one's job to clothesline people for doing that, it's their job to stop him from doing it in the first place.

Yikes
I still want his ass kicked. I want all Avs asses kicked. I want them to be miserable in St Louis.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:55 am The Blues don't even look like they're in the same league as the Avs, IMO. Obviously shit can change in the playoffs but from my vantage points the Avs are just way, way better.
Give me a break dude, a crippled Blues team outplayed them in the 2nd half of game after being down 3-0 on the road. They didn't quit. Fuck, it's your team, give it some credit. Let's see what happens in Gm 3 before we pull the curtain.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:54 am Pulling the goalie when you had the pressure was a rookie mistake...
Didn't understand the rush to do that. Just a terrible decision. I mean if you were sucking and couldn't do shit offensively, okay, maybe. But we had no problem carrying the play to Colorado at that point. I like having possession of the puck before pulling the goalie. WTF, that was just plain bad. Berube killed his own momentum.

BillP. wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:31 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:55 am The Blues don't even look like they're in the same league as the Avs, IMO. Obviously shit can change in the playoffs but from my vantage points the Avs are just way, way better.
Give me a break dude, a crippled Blues team outplayed them in the 2nd half of game after being down 3-0 on the road. They didn't quit. Fuck, it's your team, give it some credit. Let's see what happens in Gm 3 before we pull the curtain.
They definitely played better the second half of the game, but it's pretty common for teams up 3-0 to let up. I'm quite certain the Blues will come out with a lot of jump Friday night. They need to capitalize early if they want to make things interesting, because the Avs are clearly riding high in terms of confidence.

BillP. wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:35 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:54 am Pulling the goalie when you had the pressure was a rookie mistake...
Didn't understand the rush to do that. Just a terrible decision. I mean if you were sucking and couldn't do shit offensively, okay, maybe. But we had no problem carrying the play to Colorado at that point. I like having possession of the puck before pulling the goalie. WTF, that was just plain bad. Berube killed his own momentum.
Exactly. A momentum killer. It was an all around bad coaching decision.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:47 am
They definitely played better the second half of the game, but it's pretty common for teams up 3-0 to let up. I'm quite certain the Blues will come out with a lot of jump Friday night. They need to capitalize early if they want to make things interesting, because the Avs are clearly riding high in terms of confidence.
Speed and skill wise the Blues are outmatched. At no time has Colorado struggled to score and they have owned a lot of the Blues ice.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:35 pm

Speed and skill wise the Blues are outmatched. At no time has Colorado struggled to score and they have owned a lot of the Blues ice.
No question. They even played more physically last night as well for most of the game.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:35 pm

Old Yeller is back huh?