Re: GDT: Game 1: St. Louis Blues @ Colorado- 9:00 5/17 - TV:NBCSN

BluesSK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:56 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:16 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:13 am Series doesn’t start until you lose a home game so this series hasn’t even begun
I am more upset that the Blues didn't lay anyone out than I am the score. Game one is when you want to leave the other team laying on the ice wondering what the fuck is going on.
Definitely this.
Thirded. Also, I fucking hate Pierre so much. i only got to see the 2nd but man does he suck. i had blissfully forgotten.

T.C. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:14 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:56 am

I am more upset that the Blues didn't lay anyone out than I am the score. Game one is when you want to leave the other team laying on the ice wondering what the fuck is going on.
Definitely this.
Thirded. Also, I fucking hate Pierre so much. i only got to see the 2nd but man does he suck. i had blissfully forgotten.
I don't see that kind of grit on this team, and the non-existent transition game from the defense ain't helping anyone.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:13 am Series doesn’t start until you lose a home game so this series hasn’t even begun
You can't lay them out if you can't catch up to them.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:55 am
Just need tighter gaps in middle of ice. Stick together in 5 man units in both ends. They didn't do that last night. Not sure if this Blues team will adjust to that either. the 19 squad did. But I'm not giving up. Just need to split and they can still do that.

BillP. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:39 am

Just need tighter gaps in middle of ice. Stick together in 5 man units in both ends. They didn't do that last night. Not sure if this Blues team will adjust to that either. the 19 squad did. But I'm not giving up. Just need to split and they can still do that.
Too bad they didn't think of that last night.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:47 am

It was the same thing with the Cup team. They'd have a bad game as a reminder to tighten up middle ice but they always came back the next game and did it. I don't see that with this team and I'm not expecting any structure next game. It's all a roll of the dice with this group. But I'm hoping for the best.

BillP. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:01 am

It was the same thing with the Cup team. They'd have a bad game as a reminder to tighten up middle ice but they always came back the next game and did it. I don't see that with this team and I'm not expecting any structure next game. It's all a roll of the dice with this group. But I'm hoping for the best.
The difference is that 2019 team had been crushing opponents at 5 on 5 for 4 months by the time the playoffs rolled around. Binnington was obviously a huge piece of the puzzle that January, but they were carrying play regardless of not they were getting the saves a couple weeks after canning Yeo. Eyeballs and fancy stats bore that out. That has not been the case this year. The resurgence late this season was fueled by the power play perking up and Binnington playing great for the last 6 weeks or so.

If the Blues are going to win this series, it's not going to look anything like any of the 2019 series, it's going to have to look like Habs-Caps in 2010. One team absolutely steamrolling the other, but a goalie stands on his head 4 times while his team happens to capitalize on every scoring chance they get.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:38 am

The difference is that 2019 team had been crushing opponents at 5 on 5 for 4 months by the time the playoffs rolled around. Binnington was obviously a huge piece of the puzzle that January, but they were carrying play regardless of not they were getting the saves a couple weeks after canning Yeo. Eyeballs and fancy stats bore that out. That has not been the case this year. The resurgence late this season was fueled by the power play perking up and Binnington playing great for the last 6 weeks or so.

If the Blues are going to win this series, it's not going to look anything like any of the 2019 series, it's going to have to look like Habs-Caps in 2010. One team absolutely steamrolling the other, but a goalie stands on his head 4 times while his team happens to capitalize on every scoring chance they get.
You can't let one game convince you this will be the way it is all series. Have some faith will ya :)

When you win, you always look good. When you lose, you always look bad. That'll never change.

Let's see if the boys can win before we write them off.

Colorado is fast...but there were some chances where guys pulled up. It was a tight game...Colorado broke three hard earned goals past Binnington...the Blues didn't give them much. I'm not really heart broken over the loss...it is game one of a playoff series.

BillP. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:45 am

You can't let one game convince you this will be the way it is all series. Have some faith will ya :)

When you win, you always look good. When you lose, you always look bad. That'll never change.

The Avs looked good a lot more than the Blues did this season. I want our guys to win, and don't expect every game to look as bad as last night. Having said that, you're kidding yourself if you think the Blues are going to suddenly take this series over. It's hockey, things can happen, but if they win this series it's going to be because Binnington steals it or Grubauer shits the bed. If the games are anything like last night it might take both.

BillP. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:45 am

I'm not sure it's a lack of faith more than just realizing who these two teams have been all season. There's a reason the Blues were the longest odds to win a playoff series in the last decade. And that was before Perron became unavailable.

I'm honestly not sure what the Blues need to do to catch the Avs roster wise.
Just a Russian propaganda account