Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

Tampa has the top 5 scorers of the entire playoffs. When has that ever happened? God damn that team is so good.
Best D-man in the game? check.
Best goalie in the game? check.
Best winger in the game? check.
Selke worthy #1C? check.

Then you've got Killorn, Stamkos, McDonagh, Palat, Sergachev, Johnson, Cirelli, Gourde, Cernak, Coleman. Just nutty.
I think this has been the best team the last two years since the cap era began. Yes, I think they're better than the best Hawks or Pens teams.

ratonmono wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:30 am Tampa has the top 5 scorers of the entire playoffs. When has that ever happened? God damn that team is so good.
Best D-man in the game? check.
Best goalie in the game? check.
Best winger in the game? check.
Selke worthy #1C? check.

Then you've got Killorn, Stamkos, McDonagh, Palat, Sergachev, Johnson, Cirelli, Gourde, Cernak, Coleman. Just nutty.
I think this has been the best team the last two years since the cap era began. Yes, I think they're better than the best Hawks or Pens teams.
I don't think that's a stretch to say. A Vasilevskiy meltdown is all that kept them from doing some damage in the playoffs in 2019 as well. They're going to lose some role players this offseason, but the core should remain in tact, so they'll be back at it again next year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:45 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:15 am Sucks for Tampa that their two Stan Lee cup trophies will come in non legitimate seasons and don't count in my personal record book.

Blues still defending cup champs.
03-04 doesnt count?
Was referring to last year and this. But yes.

There is some truth to that. No way does Montreal make it out of the EAST in a regular season/playoff format.
But the truth is now, WE AIN'T GOT IT anymore!!!!! It's a shame because the year after we won the Cup, the Blues came out swinging. They played with swagger, they played like they wanted to keep the belt. Had best record in the West. Then Covid came and everything just got fucked. Sucks...............

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:15 am Sucks for Tampa that their two Stan Lee cup trophies will come in non legitimate seasons and don't count in my personal record book.

Maybe by some miracle, Army can swing a couple gems this off season and we can come back and get 1 more.......................

BillP. wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:33 pm

Maybe by some miracle, Army can swing a couple gems this off season and we can come back and get 1 more.......................
Blues going back 2 back baby!
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:06 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:33 pm

Blues going back 2 back baby!
Be sweet! Maybe Jake Neighbours can be part of it too - ha

ratonmono wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:47 pm This is a brutal beating. Most lopsided final I can remember since 96 when the Avs swept the Panthers.
Carey Price turned back into the goalie he'd been each of the past few regular seasons. Tampa is just too damn loaded for anything but this result to happen against a just pretty good team thats no longer getting great goaltending.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:09 am
ratonmono wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:47 pm This is a brutal beating. Most lopsided final I can remember since 96 when the Avs swept the Panthers.
Carey Price turned back into the goalie he'd been each of the past few regular seasons. Tampa is just too damn loaded for anything but this result to happen against a just pretty good team thats no longer getting great goaltending.
Yeah it's over the only questions are who gets Conn Smythe out of Kucherov, Point, Vasilevskiy, or Hedman, and can they threepeat?

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:03 pm
ratonmono wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:47 pmThis is a brutal beating. Most lopsided final I can remember since 96 when the Avs swept the Panthers.
Figgers that @ratonmono would cite the "No More Rats" Cup Finals. Only room for one rat around here.
Always room for more rats! As long as I get recognition as the rat king!