Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

BillP. wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:03 am
ratonmono wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:47 pm Go Montreal!
Fuck Vegas.
Yeah. Feel bad for Fleury that he had a Jon Casey moment but happy Montreal pulled it off. Huge win. Funny that it was like 5 seconds before the misplay that Regis said it was Fleurys puck handling that was the difference :lol:
I guess that means he was technically right, haha.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:41 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:47 amMontreal in 14 playoff games so far…..

40 time short handed, 3 goals allowed, 4 goals scored
"From your failing hands we throw the puck on net. Be yours to dig it out."
Is that a Bergevin quote? At first I read it as "From you failing hands we throw the puck in net"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:21 pm Deal with it? Maybe the officials should improve?

I will say that it seems as if public whining about officiating from coaches has been more frequent than usual this year. Of course it's possible the officiating has been worse as well as there have been some pretty brutal calls/missed calls. Still, I haaaaaaaaate it when coaches do that. There is a director of officiating assigned to each series that teams can air grievances with. Doing so publicly just makes you look like a sore loser, even when you are speaking 100% truth.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:59 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:21 pm Deal with it? Maybe the officials should improve?

I will say that it seems as if public whining about officiating from coaches has been more frequent than usual this year. Of course it's possible the officiating has been worse as well as there have been some pretty brutal calls/missed calls. Still, I haaaaaaaaate it when coaches do that. There is a director of officiating assigned to each series that teams can air grievances with. Doing so publicly just makes you look like a sore loser, even when you are speaking 100% truth.
Homer fans that complain about any call that go against their teams are obnoxious. But the officiating this season/these playoffs have been just brutal. And fans and coaches feel like they are too protected and never held accountable. It's turning fans off from the game. I mean hell, we had an official flat out say this season on a hot mic he was looking to call an early penalty against a team, even if it was a complete shit call. I wish more coaches aired them out publicly. You don't plan and prepare all season just to have games decided by officials.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:02 am

Homer fans that complain about any call that go against their teams are obnoxious. But the officiating this season/these playoffs have been just brutal. And fans and coaches feel like they are too protected and never held accountable. It's turning fans off from the game. I mean hell, we had an official flat out say this season on a hot mic he was looking to call an early penalty against a team, even if it was a complete shit call. I wish more coaches aired them out publicly. You don't plan and prepare all season just to have games decided by officials.
Yeah, it's been bad, but you still just sound petty and it loses its effectiveness when you do it over and over. Some of the coaches like Bruce Cassidy just went to the well over and over again to the point that it lost any effectiveness. The Tim Peel thing from earlier in the season is a bit of a different deal. He was almost assuredly doing exactly what he was expected to do by the league in that kind of situation in terms of "game management". He just got caught on the hot mike and was scapegoated for actually communicating honestly with the team that caught the short end of it.

I don't want this to come off like I think the officiating has been good...it has not, it sucks. I just prefer when coaches shut up about it in the media and handle it behind closed doors.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:47 am

Yeah, it's been bad, but you still just sound petty and it loses its effectiveness when you do it over and over. Some of the coaches like Bruce Cassidy just went to the well over and over again to the point that it lost any effectiveness. The Tim Peel thing from earlier in the season is a bit of a different deal. He was almost assuredly doing exactly what he was expected to do by the league in that kind of situation in terms of "game management". He just got caught on the hot mike and was scapegoated for actually communicating honestly with the team that caught the short end of it.

I don't want this to come off like I think the officiating has been good...it has not, it sucks. I just prefer when coaches shut up about it in the media and handle it behind closed doors.
YOU'RE A REFEREE APOLOGIST!! You probably had a Mick McGeough poster on your wall growing up.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:55 am

YOU'RE A REFEREE APOLOGIST!! You probably had a Mick McGeough poster on your wall growing up.
Right next to my Kerry Frazier hair bike helmet.

They've done this for years, and imho, the officiating is worse now, than it was 20yrs ago.

Maybe it IS time for more outward criticism to actually get more light shed on the problem (?)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

In a Speedo.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:25 pm

In a Speedo.
Damn. It's like you guys really were in my room. Wait...was that you two hiding under the stuffed Don Koharski dolls?